Anybody Out There?

harlequin

Hi All,

After a few years of floating around Thailand, I find myself with a both, a base in Bangkok and the Uk. I spend my time equally between the two, as I do love the contrast between east and west and am not at all sure I want to give either up permanently.

Life in Bangkok is good, I keep it simple and am blessed in having met a great guy to share my life with.

However, I do miss my friends and wondered if there are any mens groups in Bangkok that meet socially, like here in Uk? It would be great to meet up with other folk when in Thailand.

Well here's hoping, thanks for your time and have a great weekend.

Hi All,

After a few years of floating around Thailand, I find myself with a both, a base in Bangkok and the Uk. I spend my time equally between the two, as I do love the contrast between east and west and am not at all sure I want to give either up permanently.

Life in Bangkok is good, I keep it simple and am blessed in having met a great guy to share my life with.

However, I do miss my friends and wondered if there are any mens groups in Bangkok that meet socially, like here in Uk? It would be great to meet up with other folk when in Thailand.

Hi! Even though I'm not living in Bangkok yet, hopefully I will come next March, I'd love to have a place to go and meet friends from the USA or UK. I think for a healthy relationship it's good that I have my own friends and some "time out" from my boyfriend. Thanks and take care!

Hi All,

I have lived in Thailand for nearly twenty years and so far haven't found any groups such as you suggest. A network of friends is very important for a farang; however I would recommend you seek out men who have similar interests to you. The commonality of being gay is not enough. That may be enough to sustain your personal relationship (at least for a while) but it won't sustain a friendship with other farangs. You will need to find people with the same interests as you...be it business, family (gay fathers) , sports, investing, arts, etc., etc. Good luck and welcome to Thailand.

There is a local branch of something called the "Long Yang" Club which meets in Bangkok; a gay social meeting & discussion group that is supposed to introduce foreigners and Asians of various countries to each other. However, I've always heard mixed reports about the Bangkok branch; never been, myself. Anyone else know much about it?

I agree with RAMPAGE that it's wise to seek out groups with some other common interest besides sexuality.

The problem with open groups is that they're open- which means you get a very mixed bag of people. However, once you find a good core of people within a public group, you get introduced to other, private groups that can be more selective.

"Steven"

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I do the same, alwaysinterested in meeting people in the same boat

:D I think we often look in the wrong places...a farang told me when I arrived if you like books go to a library, if you like art, go to a gallery, if you like plants, go to a nursery, give the bars a miss, having said all that I met my partner of 15 months in a bar....ho hum.... :o Dukkha

There is a local branch of something called the "Long Yang" Club which meets in Bangkok; a gay social meeting & discussion group that is supposed to introduce foreigners and Asians of various countries to each other. However, I've always heard mixed reports about the Bangkok branch; never been, myself. Anyone else know much about it?

Hi,

I have been a member of the Bangkok LYC for ten years now and we have had our ups and downs!!

Basically I have found them a good group and very helpful for new comers. Have a browse of the web site. http://www.longyangclub.org/thailand/

Philip

EWWW lyc is horrid! infested with ugly guys. went to one of their functions (not the bkk ones tho)and hated every minute of it. avoid!!!!! its like the web at nyc but worse. ugh the web. *shudder*

Ugly on the inside too? Or did you take the time to find out?

dont really care on whats on the inside, guts, intestines, pancreas? :o

got to admit, i took one look, had a drink and scuttled off to shadow lounge that nite and snarred me a hot latin number!

the party was very chopsticks and walking sticks. the white guys were grey and pot bellied and the asians were very fresh off the boat.

definitely NOT for me.

-exeunt-

EWWW lyc is horrid! infested with ugly guys. went to one of their functions (not the bkk ones tho)and hated every minute of it. avoid!!!!! its like the web at nyc but worse. ugh the web. *shudder*

agree both BKK and ChiangMai, where I spend a significant part of the year, DULLsville. Khun H if you get up north e-mail me and I'll be available, probably happy to show/share what Iknow/experienced. [iowned for years your typical go-go/guest service 'establishments'. So @ the least can offer observations, opinions/ etc on that aspect of undeniable Thailand. Ciao & Welcome [no baggage, please]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just to clarify, I was hoping to meet more than just ‘beautiful people’ otherwise, I would just visit outlets where one could peruse and admire the finer points of external beauty.

I was rather hoping for a little more than that. There must be other guys out there who would just like to meet up and talk about some of the ‘real stuff’ that goes on in our everyday lives? Well, here’s hoping. I’m in Bangkok at the moment and if anyone fancies being sociable let me know.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just to clarify, I was hoping to meet more than just ‘beautiful people’ otherwise, I would just visit outlets where one could peruse and admire the finer points of external beauty.

I was rather hoping for a little more than that. There must be other guys out there who would just like to meet up and talk about some of the ‘real stuff’ that goes on in our everyday lives? Well, here’s hoping. I’m in Bangkok at the moment and if anyone fancies being sociable let me know.

Hey,

I think there is a games night at @Richard's tonight. Drop in and say Hi to Jim and the gang. You should meet some decent people!