Tourist visa after ED, and the latest from savannakhet?

Hey guys,

I have about a week left on my ED visa. Not going to be able to extend it here at immigration (been here for 90 days).

I'm assuming I'll have to leave Thailand and obtain a tourist visa (ideally a double or triple entry as I plan to stay here until June).

Any reports lately of people having entering on a tourist visa following an education visa?

I'm based in Bangkok, would savannakhet be the best option from here?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I did exactly what you are asking about doing, double entry tourist visa after ED Visa in Savannakhet 3 weeks ago. No problems.

Good info on going there is in the thread called "Worry-free non-O visa savannakhet", which although it is about marriage visas has all the latest info on the trip, if you just google that plus thai visa

Thanks a lot for the info guys..

One last question..

I'm planning on staying here for another 8 months..

A double entry would allow me to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months (if I obtain two 30 day extensions at immigration and hop the border after the first 3 months).. is that correct?

Would a triple entry allow me me to repeat the process and squeeze another 3 months out of it (total of 9 months) or would the visa expire before I'm able to use the 3rd entry?

Thanks again.

One last question..

A double entry would allow me to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months (if I obtain two 30 day extensions at immigration and hop the border after the first 3 months).. is that correct?

Would a triple entry allow me me to repeat the process and squeeze another 3 months out of it (total of 9 months) or would the visa expire before I'm able to use the 3rd entry?

Thanks again.

If you got a 3 entry from Savannakhet it the 3rd entry would be worthless because the visa will only be valid for 3 months.

You would have to go to Bali to get a 3 entry visa that would have 6 months validity.

One last question..

Thanks again.

If you got a 3 entry from Savannakhet it the 3rd entry would be worthless because the visa will only be valid for 3 months.

You would have to go to Bali to get a 3 entry visa that would have 6 months validity.

Thanks for the heads up. How would the 3 month validity effect the double entry then?

Would I still be able to get a total of 6 months in Thailand out of it? (assuming I extend after 60 days, then leave & re-enter, then extend for another 30 days at immigration after the 5th month)

One last question..

Thanks again.

Thanks for the heads up. How would the 3 month validity effect the double entry then?

Would I still be able to get a total of 6 months in Thailand out of it? (assuming I extend after 60 days, then leave & re-enter, then extend for another 30 days at immigration after the 5th month)

You just have to use the 2nd entry before the visa expires (enter before date on the visa). The 3 months is only for how long you can use the visa for entry not the amount you can stay here. You can get about 6 months of stay from the 2 entry visa. Then you would need to get a single entry visa to finish out your 8 months.

Are they giving ED Visa in Savannakhet?

Yes they are as you would have found reading before asking.

Sorry Imran, not sure where you would have read about ED visa being given at a Savannakhet, being as this thread is about getting a tourist visa after the Ed visa has expired.

But some people just gotta post, don't ya know !!!!