Cost of doing a Visa run to Vientiane?

I have all my documents in order for a single entry non-b visa and I will soon go to Laos to receive my visa. I am curious as to what the cost will be.

It says 2,000 baht for a single entry non-immigration b visa. However, I am hearing that there are other charges? Excluding the transportation costs and lodging (I believe I have to stay there one night to receive my visa?), are there any other official fees I must pay to cross the border and back to get this visa? Or is the 2,000 baht the only thing I must pay the government? Thank you, this helps tremendously.

You will have to pay for a Lao visa on arrival. It will be 1500 baht or $35 dependent on which country you are from.

You will have to spend at least one night to get your visa. You apply the morning of one day and pick it up the next afternoon.

There are no other charges at the embassy other than the 2000 baht for the visa.

You will have to pay for a Lao visa on arrival. It will be 1500 baht or $35 dependent on which country you are from.

You will have to spend at least one night to get your visa. You apply the morning of one day and pick it up the next afternoon.

There are no other charges at the embassy other than the 2000 baht for the visa.

Thanks a lot for this information. Exactly what I wanted to know!

In my experience it is best to use a visa company to do the run. It costs a little more than doing is by yourself but the company does everything for you and if there are any problems they are a great help. I use this company http://www.thaivisaservice.com/ , a sponsor of this site I believe and they helped me a great deal once when I had a problem with a washed passport. I have done this run by myself a couple of times and for the extra cost of using their service is well worth avoiding the ballache of doing it on your own. I usually take about 6-7000 baht.

I am in Chiang Saen district and I was wondering if it would be okay for me to go to vientiane through Laos instead of going to udon thani? What would you suggest? It seems like it would be a lot longer if I went to udon thani first, but then again less complicated?

I went to Vientiane from Chiang Mai last month to get an ED visa. It was very cheap to get a one-way ticket from Immigration to get into Laos. Being a Malaysian, it cost like THB48 each way. There we took a bus, which cost THB20 so the cost of getting into Laos at the border was less than THB70.

Our Thai friend made arrangements with a tour agent in Vientiane who took us to our hotel, then the next morning to the Thai Consulate and back to the border the next day, and it cost us THB2,000. That may be costly but it was the best option we had compared to dealing with strangers.

My wife and I were at the consulate at 6:45 to try and get ahead of the queue but across the road from the consulate, there was a booth and we were told they would get everything done for us for THB2,000 each. I refused and he brought it down to THB1,000 each.

Knowing how tedious the wait is at immigration, I agreed. He took our documents and our driver took us back to our hotel. We were back there by 7:15. That was all we needed to do. The next day, our driver took us to the booth where we collected our passports and visas, and we were off to the border. No hassle.

If money is not an issue, I would use this option as you only spend 5 minutes letting the agents check to make sure your documents are in order. In my opinion, THB1,000 may be a lot but spending a few hours idling in queues is not my idea of fun.

If you want the person's contact, please PM me or you could just go to the booth and ask for Ton. I don't know him personally so I suggest you trust your gut when you deal with him.

Hope all goes well for you.

Ken

• Like 1

I went to Vientiane from Chiang Mai last month to get an ED visa. It was very cheap to get a one-way ticket from Immigration to get into Laos. Being a Malaysian, it cost like THB48 each way. There we took a bus, which cost THB20 so the cost of getting into Laos at the border was less than THB70.

Our Thai friend made arrangements with a tour agent in Vientiane who took us to our hotel, then the next morning to the Thai Consulate and back to the border the next day, and it cost us THB2,000. That may be costly but it was the best option we had compared to dealing with strangers.

My wife and I were at the consulate at 6:45 to try and get ahead of the queue but across the road from the consulate, there was a booth and we were told they would get everything done for us for THB2,000 each. I refused and he brought it down to THB1,000 each.

Knowing how tedious the wait is at immigration, I agreed. He took our documents and our driver took us back to our hotel. We were back there by 7:15. That was all we needed to do. The next day, our driver took us to the booth where we collected our passports and visas, and we were off to the border. No hassle.

If money is not an issue, I would use this option as you only spend 5 minutes letting the agents check to make sure your documents are in order. In my opinion, THB1,000 may be a lot but spending a few hours idling in queues is not my idea of fun.

If you want the person's contact, please PM me or you could just go to the booth and ask for Ton. I don't know him personally so I suggest you trust your gut when you deal with him.

Ken

As for this 'agent' you used, remember that your passport is NOT your property, it belongs to the country that issued it to you, NEVER give a stranger outside of any embassy your passport!

Hi ubonjoe, does the "overnight stay" also apply to Cambodia at the Chong Jom (near Sirun) Border I hope to get another year on my A-O Visa, any other guidance you give...... will be very helpful, and I will be very grateful.

Slainte

Hi ubonjoe, does the "overnight stay" also apply to Cambodia at the Chong Jom (near Sirun) Border I hope to get another year on my A-O Visa, any other guidance you give...... will be very helpful, and I will be very grateful.

Slainte

The overnight is needed to apply for a visa.

To get another entry from your OA visa you can just cross the border turn around and re-enter the country.

Ken

As for this 'agent' you used, remember that your passport is NOT your property, it belongs to the country that issued it to you, NEVER give a stranger outside of any embassy your passport!

I think I am in the wrong business, people are throwing money around. Jesus, THB2,000.- there, THB1,000.- there.

This can be done all by yourself at a fraction of the cost. If you want to safe time than arrive on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

We charge THB3,000.- for transport with VIP Van /transfers, Single Room and meals.

I think it is a good deal as many people underestimate the transportation charges on the Laos side.

Just for your consideration. Thanks

THB3,000 includes transportation, reviewing paper work, to immigration and hotel, food and hotel and picking up passports the next day.

Hotel and transportation for 3,000 sounds pretty good but that long van ride is difficult.

Additional cost for Laos visa (if needed) and visa.

Fixed costs.

Do you help about getting good queue number by getting there while customers are getting their Laos visa?

Sounds economical although I may pay for flight for my comfort-still deciding (maybe triple the cost but make it a holiday)