M.L. Panadda aims to improve image of Thai civil servants

webfact

M.L. Panadda aims to improve image of civil servants

BANGKOK, 1 October 2014 (NNT)-Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office M.L. Panadda Diskul is hopeful that greater public involvement in the Good Governance Committee on a regional level will improve the perception people have of the civil servants.

M.L Panadda said members of the local councils, public and private sectors will also be part of the committee. Their roles are to monitor and look for any irregularities in the work of civil servants across Thailand. Their participation is to ensure transparency, which is one of the principles of good governance.

According to him, the second committee has already been set up and the inspector is the chairman of the committee. His role is to enable the probe to be carried out in government organizations once a complaint has been lodged.

He further added that as the number of public complaints is as many as 4 times higher than it was before the establishment of the NCPO, there is ,therefore, the need to recruit more people for the committee. As Thailand is currently in the transition period, everyone should take the opportunity to take part in restoring unity and promoting good governance, said the Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-01 footer_n.gif

A bit of a dreamer that chap. Maybe he should start with raising the salary levels of the lower ranks, sack a few more top level government bureaucrats and select one out of every 100 middle level bureaucrats and shoot them just to encourage the others.

Apart from that I'm not sure how to improve either effectiveness or perception of Thai bureaucracy and bureaucrats.

He could resign, that would be a start coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4

A bit of a dreamer that chap. Maybe he should start with raising the salary levels of the lower ranks, sack a few more top level government bureaucrats and select one out of every 100 middle level bureaucrats and shoot them just to encourage the others.

Apart from that I'm not sure how to improve either effectiveness or perception of Thai bureaucracy and bureaucrats.

The selection committee should look at F/book accounts. Anybody displaying a photo of themselves with Thaksin's arm around their shoulder should go on the list immediately.

With the 'multi-media conference system' issue which may have been put together by high level government bureaucrats, I think it indeed a good idea for PM Prayut to just sack him and those bureaucrats.

Mind you, the consequence may be that PM Prayut rightly decides to need a bit of a 'firebrand' type of figure as Permanent Secretary to the PM's Office. I'm afraid you'd have to do with yet another military figure then.

He should start by improving his own image.

Loh and behold, there is a good selection of images here, do you have any suggestions Eric?

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=M.L.+Panadda+Diskul&client=firefox-a&hs=LP0&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2vYrVLfAH8qUuASWv4Fg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=615

• Like 1

He should start by improving his own image.

Loh and behold, there is a good selection of images here, do you have any suggestions Eric?

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=M.L.+Panadda+Diskul&client=firefox-a&hs=LP0&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2vYrVLfAH8qUuASWv4Fg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=615

The pixs showing thumbs down by PAO officers should be his starting point. Problem he don't seem to get it as after that silly comment about governors, he mired himself with the microphone fiasco. That will takea Herculean task to change his damaged image.

• Like 1

To be fair to civil servants:

Today I spent two hours going to and from Chamchury Sq. at SamYan MRT station and 3 minutes at the one-stop-service-center to do my 90-day reporting.

The selection committee should look at F/book accounts. Anybody displaying a photo of themselves with Thaksin's arm around their shoulder should go on the list immediately.

You just can't help yourself can you. Blame Mr T for all Thailand's problems you do. Was here before he was democratically elected as PM and the civil service was no better then than it is now.

• Like 1

You just can't help yourself can you. Blame Mr T for all Thailand's problems you do. Was here before he was democratically elected as PM and the civil service was no better then than it is now.

As was I. But I don't recall corruption as blatant or to the level Thaksin has elevated it to. Or any THB700+ billion budget black holes.

Consorting with criminals is a crime in itself. If you want to look for criminals, look for those consorting with known criminals.

Start by only employing much better qualified people in the first place. There is no point in having a campaign to improve "perception" when the issue of under qualified staff, poor services and an outdated system remain unchallenged with little motivation to improve.

Why should he resign for attempting to get the civil servants to do their job properly?

Or are you suggesting that apathy and corruption are OK and the right thing to do and that there is no reason to change the practice of the last 50 years or so?

The civil service here is just like in any other developing country ... friends, brothers, uncles, cousins, sisters, nieces ... that is why they are still developing countries.

My last encounter with this was in Taiwan where a civil servant wanted money to approve my work permit. I brought this to the attention of the government. Subsequently, we leaned the guy never took a civil service exam and was the uncle of the local director. The guy was FIRED!

Heads up Thai government. Clean out the rubbish and you will succeed.