Annual Extension for Retirement at Chiang Mai Immigration

Thanks for previous good advices which have enabled my Brit wife and I to get NIO's based on retirement from Vientiane. Next step is the annual extension to stay where the intention is that my wife applies as my dependent. The "admitted until" date on the NIO's is 22 December.

Please confirm or correct -

1. the earliest application date at Chiang Mai Immigration is 30 days before the end of the NIO visa (or is it 45 days?)
  2. my wife can apply (as dependent) on the same day as myself (or does she have to wait until my application is approved?)
  3. my application approval should be a same day approval (or is there an "under consideration" period?)
  4. we both have 800k accounts in our seperate names but only mine would be needed (or would it be wise to keep both topped up until the dependent's application is approved?)
  5. the form for both is the TM7 (or is the dependent application made on a different form?)

Any general advice about the CM office would be appreciated. Only been there once on a quick visit to ask a quick question. It looked scary.

Thanks.

1. I think CM immigration will do the extension 45 days early.

2/3. You application will be approved on the same day you apply. As soon as you have your extension stamp your wife can apply for her dependent extension. She will need of copy of the stamp to get hers.

4. There will be no need for her account to be shown when she applies for her extension.

5. It is the TM7 form for both applications.

You might want to try the Online Immigration Queue System to get an appointment for CM immigration. Or you will need to be at immigration at the crack of dawn to get a number.

One little thing,

I have never had to give my wife a copy of my extension to enable her to get hers.

We go in together and both extensions are done at the same time, my retirement and her dependent extension.

But you must make 2 bookings if you use the online queue.

• Like 1

1. I think CM immigration will do the extension 45 days early.

2/3. You application will be approved on the same day you apply. As soon as you have your extension stamp your wife can apply for her dependent extension. She will need of copy of the stamp to get hers.

4. There will be no need for her account to be shown when she applies for her extension.

5. It is the TM7 form for both applications.

You might want to try the Online Immigration Queue System to get an appointment for CM immigration. Or you will need to be at immigration at the crack of dawn to get a number.

I'm afraid it's too late for the OP to use the online queue system, all appointments from now until 22 December are already taken. The appointments open up 100 days in advance, and you have at the very most a week after a date opens up to get a time slot (and normally only a day or two).

At the moment there are no appointments open for any date, all are already taken.

Sophon

Do not let the crazy crowd at CM immigration frighten you, it looks crazy but that is mainly a lot of people who do not have a clue what they are doing Go early to line up for a number after you receive your number ask one of the officers how long it will take for you to be called and they have a good idea about when you will be called. Go home, go to the mall what ever then come back about 45 min. before the time you were told. This is a good time to go back to the printer area and tell the girls retirement extension of stay and they will make all your copies and take a photo if needed. Have a seat and wait for your number to be called. When you get the number you may want to ask if you can do both of the extensions at the same desk, justhave all of your info ready