best way to send a container to Thailand from UK door to door

sotonfarang

Hi i would like to ask if anybody has had a recent experience of sending their household goods from the uk to thailand by container?

would it be best to use an agent, if so is it best to use one in the uk or thailand (bang saray,nr.pattaya)

would just like a heads up regarding price, size of containers and customs etc if possible please

thank you

Contact an international removal company, they will handle everything for you from door to door.

All you need to do is make the tea.

Send me an PM and I can get someone to give you a quote. BTY, all quotes by a removal company are free of charge.

Your goods will be sent to Bangkok then onto your door in Pattaya.

Edited by bertty

Book a shipping consignment for a local Thai company if ya wanna save money.

Good idea. Then what will the local Thai company do ?

Contact an international removal company, so not to sure where the savings come from.

If you want to send goods between one continent to another its best to get it right from the off, rather than trying to save a few bob, and ending up spending 3 times more in the long run.

Edited by bertty
  • Like 1

I looked into sending a container- lots of companies in the UK- expensive- the sort of companies that move executives from one country to another, they would sort out everything.

Then decided - why would I want to set up a home in Thailand with a look from England, so everything went to auction, given away or EBay .

It's very refreshing, arrived with two suitcases and started again- much easier.

I realise this does answer the OP's question- but something to consider.

I did it last year. I was in Thailand so I booked a removal company over the internet and they did everything. Packing, storing, organised container, organised company in Bang Na in Thailand who did all the custom work and it was delivered to my house in Phitsanulok. About £1500 I think for everything.

I looked into sending a container- lots of companies in the UK- expensive- the sort of companies that move executives from one country to another, they would sort out everything.

Then decided - why would I want to set up a home in Thailand with a look from England, so everything went to auction, given away or EBay .

It's very refreshing, arrived with two suitcases and started again- much easier.

I realise this does answer the OP's question- but something to consider.

The companies that send the stuff overseas do it for allsorts of people not just executives.

The executives will pay more as it will be their company that pays for the move and it will get paid off on tax.

Normal people will pay normal prices, tho its best to ask around as the prices can vary quite a bit.

p.s. you missed 'not' out !!!

Book a shipping consignment for a local Thai company if ya wanna save money.

Good idea. Then what will the local Thai company do ?

Contact an international removal company, so not to sure where the savings come from.

If you want to send goods between one continent to another its best to get it right from the off, rather than trying to save a few bob, and ending up spending 3 times more in the long run.

Righto... whistling.gif

Maybe a Thai company would be best as you wont have much trouble with customs getting the container out - but you can guarantee there will be issues getting the container in.

Ok get a local Thai company to do your move.

You wont have trouble getting it out. Guess that means out of the UK, but you will have trouble getting it in. Guess that means Thailand.

So you want to move from the UK to Thailand.

And if you do have trouble and are dealing with a local company that does local moves, what are you going to do? The reason I ask you that is because it will be 'up to you' as the local company will be more than happy to wash their hands of the whole thing. Not forgetting of course you have already paid them so they really wouldn't care.

We used Dynamic International, they were excellent, half a container around £1200 GBP fully insured then 15k THB 'scan fees' at the Thai end. The intimation regarding the scan fee was that there was too much stuff for them to bother looking through it(?!), so they just scanned it. Might have been a blag by the Thai agent, probably could have disputed this but we just wanted our stuff by that point and we'd anticipated a 10 - 15% charge of some kind anyway.

Process was very simple, we prepared nothing - they came, packed everything securely, took it away, and on the Thai end, it was delivered unpacked and placed where we wanted. No breakages and we shipped a few breakables.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

We used Dynamic International, they were excellent, half a container around £1200 GBP fully insured then 15k THB 'scan fees' at the Thai end. The intimation regarding the scan fee was that there was too much stuff for them to bother looking through it(?!), so they just scanned it. Might have been a blag by the Thai agent, probably could have disputed this but we just wanted our stuff by that point and we'd anticipated a 10 - 15% charge of some kind anyway.

Process was very simple, we prepared nothing - they came, packed everything securely, took it away, and on the Thai end, it was delivered unpacked and placed where we wanted. No breakages and we shipped a few breakables.

Sounds rather cheap, altho you didn't say where you moved from.

Of course using a bigger company can work out cheaper as they will combine more than one shipment into a container.

Edited by bertty

Not really Bertty. As you can see from my post above I was £1500 so £1200 is a good price in my book but they are both within the same scale and I moved it up to Phitsanulok which is a fair old flog from Bangkok and therefore the quote was a bit higher than to Pattaya for example. I moved it f-rom Nottingham in the UK. I think this is the right price range to be looking at for half of 1 container.

We used seven seas worldwide to ship our stuff over we had the large 'move cube', cost just over £1400 door to door.

No agents involved, no hassle, everything delivered perfectly, they also told us what ship,it was on so we could track it online.

It arrived nearly two weeks earlier than they'd estimated too, which was a bonus.

Sounds rather cheap, altho you didn't say where you moved from.

Of course using a bigger company can work out cheaper as they will combine more than one shipment into a container.

We moved from London

best way to send a container to Thailand from UK

By ship, innit? tongue.png

haha thats the answer i was looking for.

thanks for all your feedback i will read it all again over the weekend, it all seems really helpful. I am trying to chuch stuff out but between my wife and my 5 year old daughter i am struggling so i may go the whole hog and send washing machine,dryer,dishwasher,sofas etc.all newish and would cost me more than the cost of shipping and hassle in Thailand.

thank you once again, i cant help picturing a container hanging off the bottom of a jumbo jet now!

Just a heads up - I overestimated how much of a container we shipped - was 200 cubic feet. very well tesselated.

1/10 of a 40ft

1/4 a 20ft

1/2 a 10ft

A 20 foot container holds just over 100 cubic feet, so its 1/5. And there is no such thing as a 10 ft container.