Transporting a bike and transferring book

Hi Guys.

I'm getting a bike moved across country (a mate is driving it in his pickup).

The seller is a long way from my location, he'll give me any paperwork needed but has no idea what is required. Of course collection will be at the weekend so no chance of visiting the local land transport office at that end.

What documentation do I need to:-

1. Safely have this driven in the back of my friends truck
  2. Transfer the registration to my area and my name

Easy eh?

1. Strap it down well.

2. When changing to a new province some offices are different than others, so to be on the safe side:

Thai: The green book. A signed power of attorney. Get 3(maybe 2) copies of their ID card and house book(Tabien baan) and they must sign every page.

Foreigner: The green book. A signed power of attorney: 3(maybe 2) copies of every page of their passport with every page signed. 2/3 copies of Proof of address ie House book or work permit or letter from their local police or immigration centre.

Some will say a foreigner doesn't need proof of address when selling, but I did this recently in Bangkok and Buriram, they said for change of province they wanted it. Your local office may not care but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks Mac, hadn't thought of the PoA xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

As to the transport, I was thinking more of the documentation if pulled by the BiB, obviously he will have the registration book, would a bill of sale be useful to prove the beast isn't hot?

If you have the documents I mentioned in your possession then you will have no problems with the BiB.