Good Quality Thai Restaurant in Pattaya

BigDamo

Heaps of them all over the place.

When you see a full Thai restaurant you just go there, check where Thais go for lunch/dinner in your area, you can even find street food vendors with modest plastic tables/chair that serves very good food.

At the end of Jomtien beach road there are 3 or 4 Thai sea food restaurants and they are full in the weekends.

No cheap but good.

I have eaten in "good" Thai restaurants with excellent AC and very nice decor, but average or below average food that was quite pricey. On the other hand, down many of the numerous small sois there are restaurants with a few plastic tables and a fan or two and the food has been cheap but fabulous. The menu will amount to little more than a few photos and when you order, ask for spicy or not spicy. Good luck.

It is very difficult to get real Thai Food in Pattaya. I'm talking about Bangkok Thai food not Issan food or noodles.

The only real Thai place I know of is just past the Elephant Show on Highway 36. It's a small modern café in front of a large housing development.

The food is excellent and real Bangkok food.

Your other options are the seafood places down around Bang Saray, but again it's mainly seafood but good.

Even the major hotels in Pattaya don't serve real Thai food.

Just north of Tesco on Sukhumvit is a Thai restaurant that is excellent. After you go past the intersection of Sukhimvit and Thepprasit there is another light about a block north... The first left turn after that will take you into the side street that accesses parking for this restaurant. The food is ALWAYS consistently good. One of the things I usually order is breaded deep friend squid. It ALWAYS comes out golden brown. They never use the oil too long to where it comes out dark brown from old oil. Everything is well prepared, reasonably priced and served quickly. Don't know the name as it is Thai. They open at 17:00 and stay open till 3:00 am...

Well worth the trip.

It is very difficult to get real Thai Food in Pattaya. I'm talking about Bangkok Thai food not Issan food or noodles.

The only real Thai place I know of is just past the Elephant Show on Highway 36. It's a small modern café in front of a large housing development.

The food is excellent and real Bangkok food.

Your other options are the seafood places down around Bang Saray, but again it's mainly seafood but good.

Even the major hotels in Pattaya don't serve real Thai food.

Bangkok food is Thai food and Isaan food is not?

Of course most major hotels are too internationally oriented to serve real Thai food.

A nice, relatively new, place is JeeJuk3 (first is on Pattaya Nua, second on the beach near Cholchan hotel). JeeJuk 3 is, when coming over Sukhumvit from Pattaya, just before Rong Po on the left hand side. Just before or just past, can't remember exactly, some pedestrian bridge.

Mum Aroi also never a bad choice as is SudTangRak on Jomtien beach road (south end)

Of course most major hotels are too internationally oriented to serve real Thai food.

A nice, relatively new, place is JeeJuk3 (first is on Pattaya Nua, second on the beach near Cholchan hotel). JeeJuk 3 is, when coming over Sukhumvit from Pattaya, just before Rong Po on the left hand side. Just before or just past, can't remember exactly, some pedestrian bridge.

Mum Aroi also never a bad choice as is SudTangRak on Jomtien beach road (south end)

What are the nearest sois to Mum Aroi and SudTangRak on Jomtien Beach Road? Thanks.

Thai food is divided into four groups Bangkok or Royal Thai as it's sometimes called, Issan, Northern and Southern. They are each quite different.

In addition there are the Chinese/Thai mix of dishes noodle soup and red pork, crispy pork and baked duck being prime examples.

Believe it or not the average Thai has little knowledge of Bangkok Thai Food because it's the most expensive and time consuming to make and even most hotels find it too much hassle to have a broad menu. Mostly only specialty restaurants serve it.

Dishes such as river crab in coconut milk (Bho Lon) and Banana Flower Salad (Yam Hua Plee) are my favourites.

What are the nearest sois to Mum Aroi and SudTangRak on Jomtien Beach Road? Thanks.

Sorry no idea on the one in Jomtien but there are 2 Mum Arois -

original - Third road, half way between Central and Nua going towards Nua. Just past the big open area cross roads with 6 way lights, Mum Aroi is on the left with a 7-11 on the opposite corner.

The other is in Naklua looking over the water. If you come from the Dolphin roundabout, go past the fish market and keep going north as far as you can you will see it.

Sorry no idea on the one in Jomtien but there are 2 Mum Arois -

original - Third road, half way between Central and Nua going towards Nua. Just past the big open area cross roads with 6 way lights, Mum Aroi is on the left with a 7-11 on the opposite corner.

The other is in Naklua looking over the water. If you come from the Dolphin roundabout, go past the fish market and keep going north as far as you can you will see it.

Mum aroi indeed not in Jomtien but Naklua ... I guess I unclearly construed that sentence wai2.gif

Thanks guys....

The PIC kitchen is an interesting suggestion, I haven't been there in around 4 years. The first time I went there c10/12 years ago it was fantastic but then the last time it was looking slightly tired and a bit disorganised.

Has anyone been there recently?

Thanks guys....

The PIC kitchen is an interesting suggestion, I haven't been there in around 4 years. The first time I went there c10/12 years ago it was fantastic but then the last time it was looking slightly tired and a bit disorganised.

I had heard that they were closing to transfer everything to Sugar Huts in Jomtien as its the same owner and one or more pavilions had already been dismantled and probably moved to the other location.

Thanks guys....

I had heard that they were closing to transfer everything to Sugar Huts in Jomtien as its the same owner and one or more pavilions had already been dismantled and probably moved to the other location.

The owner of the Sugar Hut and PIC is one and the same. He's a farang. I've eaten a couple of times in Sugar Hut, and although the ambience is nice the food never really blew me away.

Go to a night market such as the one in Jomtien on 2nd road across from Soi 5 next to Kisses restaurant. There's another one on Thepprasit.

Good Thai food rarely costs much if you're willing to eat outside on cheap chairs and tables.

Go to a night market such as the one in Jomtien on 2nd road across from Soi 5 next to Kisses restaurant. There's another one on Thepprasit.

Good Thai food rarely costs much if you're willing to eat outside on cheap chairs and tables.

The title of the thread is: "Good Quality Thai Restaurant in Pattaya". Yes, it's possible to get good (tasting) Thai street food in Pattaya, but then you would have to forsake quality. You can't get dirt cheap, good quality food. It's just not economically possible.

There is a restaurant located at the end of a very small Soi....first left after the Toyota showroom left hand side on Sukhumvit....going North.....well before the turn off to 36 road.......difficult to find but worth a visit

It is located right on the beach......tables on the sand......brightly lit.....authentic Thai food

A very attractive location.....it seems that very few farangs know of it, as it is mainly Thai customers

One tip.....take mosquito spray

The title of the thread is: "Good Quality Thai Restaurant in Pattaya". Yes, it's possible to get good (tasting) Thai street food in Pattaya, but then you would have to forsake quality. You can't get dirt cheap, good quality food. It's just not economically possible.

I am sure the owners of these outside Thai restaurants would disagree with you as it is good quality food that's cooked right in front of you, not hidden away behind closed doors somewhere. My girlfriend is 100% Thai and she much prefers eating there versus some fancy restaurant.

There is a market that's open 24 hours right next door so I doubt product quality will ever be a problem. I see trucks continuously delivering products also, including live fish.

Yes I believe it is economically possible. Seeing is believing.

I am sure the owners of these outside Thai restaurants would disagree with you as it is good quality food that's cooked right in front of you, not hidden away behind closed doors somewhere. My girlfriend is 100% Thai and she much prefers eating there versus some fancy restaurant.

There is a market that's open 24 hours right next door so I doubt product quality will ever be a problem. I see trucks continuously delivering products also, including live fish.

I like to think a good quality restaurant has running water. blink.png

I like to think a good quality restaurant has running water. blink.png

And a refrigerator

And meat not from these stinking "fly infested" stalls in the local market

Went to a place in Central Mall recently named 'Little Home.'

You mean Central Festival no ?

Correct. 5th floor.

It's a bakery/cafe/thai restaurant. Dependable, casual. S&P copycat type place.

I wouldn't go there for a special occasion. Decent place for a light Thai meal.

There are a couple more serious Thai restaurants in the mall.