Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

we all know is it a set up of the Burmese guys.....!!!!

I guess the Thai police will be splitting up the reward money that has been offered.....13,000 English pounds!

What a disgrace!!!

WHERE is the UK government in this corrupt process after the murder of UK nationals!

Bye Bye Thailand...I am completely over you my old friend. I will be spreading the word also about you.....and it ain't going to be good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the Thai police will be splitting up the reward money that has been offered.....13,000 English pounds!

What a disgrace!!!

WHERE is the UK government in this corrupt process after the murder of UK nationals!

Bye Bye Thailand...I am completely over you my old friend. I will be spreading the word also about you.....and it ain't going to be good.

And where is YOUR evidence this is a set up as you claim?! Maybe stop watching thai soap operas on television and you will see things a little clearer.

Some folk are just unable to admit they were quite possibly wrong in their assumptions and are unable to give credit where it is due.

In this case, the RTP deserve a "well done chaps" for following through with their procedures and not giving up!

Remember , still awaiting DNA results and if they are positive and original DNA not tampered with, then the RTP did their jobs, they probably have more evidence that was not leaked out to the Press

This will be the same police who leaked that is best mate killed him as he had homosexual urges towards him and got jealous seeing him with a women that was in a bikini despite the fact she wasnt in a bikini.

The ones who let the owners of a bar where theyd been drinking walk all over the area where they were killed.

You have far more faith in them than most.

Remember , still awaiting DNA results and if they are positive and original DNA not tampered with, then the RTP did their jobs, they probably have more evidence that was not leaked out to the Press

This will be the same police who leaked that is best mate killed him as he had homosexual urges towards him and got jealous seeing him with a women that was in a bikini despite the fact she wasnt in a bikini.

Agree , I did not state that this investigation was perfect

I

What a disgrace!!!

And where is YOUR evidence this is a set up as you claim?! Maybe stop watching thai soap operas on television and you will see things a little clearer.

Some folk are just unable to admit they were quite possibly wrong in their assumptions and are unable to give credit where it is due.

In this case, the RTP deserve a "well done chaps" for following through with their procedures and not giving up!

With all due respect, have you followed this from the beginning? There are way to many inconsistencies in the police investigation. Are you familiar with the Thai patronage system? With a name like Inspector I would of thought that you would have done some research into this case before putting your 5 baht in. Look at whats happening on Thai social media they are even calling it a cover up, do you think its a coincidence that both westerners and Thai's alike smell a rat. We are not Thai bashing we are saying that the police have made a complete mess of this case and they are still withholding crucial info.

I'm having a hard time fitting the bar owner and policeman that threatened to kill the Scottish witness into this Burmese migrants x3 story. Were such powerful local figures covering up for some Burmese restaurant staff? Really?

The police that hassled and threatened the Ware brothers after they arrived at Bkk on the way home. How excatly do they fit into this?

How does the speedboat "Little Duck" that was seen fleeing from Koh Tao and police on the morning of the murder fit into this?

There is almost certainly a lot more to this story than we know atm. I can believe that the 3 suspects did the crime, but not for the reason they said.

What a disgrace!!!

OMG "well done chaps" thanks for giving me a laugh. Good luck I just wish I had your optimism or naivety or maybe both.

Nah but i wouldnt trust them to have kept anything to themselves, other than the fact they know who done this crime right away.

Nah but i wouldnt trust them to have kept anything to themselves, other than the fact they know who done this crime right away.

Especially after they posted their crime scene photos on there Face Book accounts and I thought they had already completed DNA on these 3 at the beginning and they were released.

Especially after they posted their crime scene photos on there Face Book accounts and I thought they had already completed DNA on these 3 at the beginning and they were released.

UPDATE:

Migrant 'confesses to Koh Tao murders'

Kwanhatai Malakarn,
Suwannee Bandisak
THE NATION

30244676-01_big.jpg
Myanmar migrant worker Win, 21, has confessed to the murder of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, police say.

Myanmar waiters at island restaurant, plus pub worker held for killing Britons

KOH TAO: -- A migrant worker has confessed to the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province, deputy national police chief General Jakthip Chaijinda said yesterday.

He is among three Myanmar men detained for allegedly being involved in the killings on September 15. The three men were identified as Win and Saw, both 21, who worked as waiters at a restaurant on the island, and Maw, 23, who works at a pub there.

Jakthip said Win admitted to killing both victims after becoming aroused upon seeing them making love on the beach. Police said Maw and Saw were apprehended on the island, and Win was arrested at a location in Surat Thani. No dates for the arrests were provided.

A police source said the unnamed pub where Maw worked was owned by the relatives of a local politician.

The source said national police chief General Somyot Poompan-moung had been informed of the arrests and had arrived in Surat Thani by helicopter at about 6.30pm yesterday evening. He apparently questioned the three suspects himself last night at the Police Region 8 Command in the southern province's Punpin district.

He is scheduled to issue a statement today at a police press conference.

As of last night, it was unknown if the men had been charged.

However, the source did not say if Win had sexually assaulted either of the victims before killing them.

The source said DNA tests were underway, but did not specify if samples had been collected from the three men.

Meanwhile, Maw said he was playing guitar on Chor Por Ror beach near a pile of wood where a cigarette butt was found, the source said. The butt was found some 65 metres from where the bodies were discovered.

Maw told police that he was smoking a LM cigarette, but later went home to his wife and did not see anything untoward, the source said.

Meanwhile, Britain has offered to assist police in the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Somyot mentioned the offer after he met Britain's Ambassador Mark Kent, who reportedly told Somyot that the British government was ready to provide support, especially in regards to technology such as DNA testing, including identifying ethnicity.

Along with a drop in tourist confidence in Thailand following the killings, the issue has caused a public image problem for the police given what was seen as their aimless efforts in trying to solve the case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Migrant-confesses-to-Koh-Tao-murders-30244676.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-03

"Meanwhile, Britain has offered to assist police in the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Somyot mentioned the offer after he met Britain's Ambassador Mark Kent, who reportedly told Somyot that the British government was ready to provide support, especially in regards to technology such as DNA testing, including identifying ethnicity."

OK, let's see if the Thais are serious.

Sorry, I don't believe that for a second. Where's the motive for the ferrocity of those attacks ?

Total stitch up.

me too I dont believe it at all. The police is in big trouble here... and I guess that they pay off these guys families and take them as escape goats...

Hope I am wrong..

Glegolo

did the headman and his family ever give a dna test? cos if I was accused that is the first thing I would give, but if I was guilty I would avoid at all cost and come up with a bullshit excuse as to why I wont give one, friends I know on the island still whisper the guilty ones have been let go and that's how it is there, they need the media and people outsiders to stop talking as it affects them, so the time has come for someone to take the blame regardless, it helps the island that way

I don't get you guys... why would thai Police lock innocent persons?

Look. They could easy match the DNA (or even need to, hey they confessed) and say " You doing some time in prison for 500.000baht".

I think the sentence tells a lot. If death penalty i think they are the real ones. If only jail sentence hmm questionmarks left behind.

Sorry for sloppy english ,)

It will be interesting to hear more about the ' confession ' such as was it verbal or in writing, which language was used etc not to mention how the suspect suddenly ' volunteered ' it with all that might imply.

It's a situation that a half decent defence lawyer could have a really good run at but I've never heard of any Thai lawyer who is anything like a Somchai Mason or Somchai of The Bailey. Could be because so many accused here conveniently plead guilty supposedly to get some leniency from the court and a ' confession ' is always helpful it seems.

Sorry, I don't believe that for a second. Where's the motive for the ferrocity of those attacks ?

Total stitch up.

me too I dont believe it at all. The police is in big trouble here... and I guess that they pay off these guys families and take them as escape goats...

Hope I am wrong..

Glegolo

did the headman and his family ever give a dna test? cos if I was accused that is the first thing I would give, but if I was guilty I would avoid at all cost and come up with a bullshit excuse as to why I wont give one, friends I know on the island still whisper the guilty ones have been let go and that's how it is there, they need the media and people outsiders to stop talking as it affects them, so the time has come for someone to take the blame regardless, it helps the island that way

didn´t he spoke with his money? 1 million enough to proof unguilty no dna test needed ;)

Highly predictable BS,

My girlfriend was looking at the Thai reports on one of the Thai language news forums, guess what?, hundreds of replies all from Thai people that are all saying the same - complete and utter BS!!, the vast majority of them seem to think the headman and his family are at the root of this crime as well!

I feel sick!

"Meanwhile, Britain has offered to assist police in the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Somyot mentioned the offer after he met Britain's Ambassador Mark Kent, who reportedly told Somyot that the British government was ready to provide support, especially in regards to technology such as DNA testing, including identifying ethnicity."

OK, let's see if the Thais are serious.

Oh thanks Mr. Ambassador but No thanks as we have already solved the case so we don't need anyone to help NOW.

"Maw" and "Saw" are not their real names. They are initials for M and S in Thai. So why are the BIB holding back their real names ? Cuz they still aint' sure if they are guilty. That is why.

Many people worldwide know who the true killer was. There was so much evidence. His family was above the law, so some patsies were rounded up. I love the statement that the brand of cigarettes found at the scene, were the same brand as they were seen purchasing at 7/11. There must be a lot of fear and disappointment in the Burmese labor community. And a lot of "we knew this would happen".

Why don't they wait for the DNA results first, but rush to make a statement again.

So many times they have been proved wrong in the past.

Why should I believe them now?

No need, the deal has been made, to hell with DNA results, not needed they have confessed.

The deal is done. The Myanmar worker's families will be given a large sum of money. Well, large by Myanmar standards.

The real culprit successfully; found an alibi, found a witness, and then found a cheap scapegoat.

My thoughts exactly, a fit-up for sure, the only way this crime could ever be solved as the Bib have been shown so many times to be unable to find their arse with both hands.

Archived