Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

"taken to a safe house" and " Intensively interrogated".....

In other words, having the living shit beaten out of you until you break and sign an already written confession statement..

Why "safe house" when the police have a police station? The safe house is a notorious technique used by police villains like Pol Gen Chalor who was amazingly convicted of the murder of the wife and son of the jeweller who fenced and made fakes of the Saudi jewellery heist. The "suspects" are taken to a safe house and told that no one knows where they are and they can make as much noise as they like as no one can hear them.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least CSI LA seems to do more than simply regurgitate the same paraphrased information that the mainstream media accepts and spits out. It's the closest thing we've got to investigative journalism. Thankfully there's people out there other than the police who are willing to question things and be a voice for the dead and those accused. (I'm not saying these Burmese men are guilty or innocent.)

At least CSI LA seems to do more than simply regurgitate the same paraphrased information that the mainstream media accepts and spits out. It's the closest thing we've got to investigative journalism. Thankfully there's people out there other than the police who are willing to question things and be a voice for the dead and those accused. (I'm not saying these Burmese men are guilty or innocent.)

A credible news organisation based in Thailand which choose the name CSI LA and is run by a Thaivisa member cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Anthony5

really frame somone then offer them a lawyer which will of coarse be in the police mans pocket

a no win situation not only that i am sure the police have said if you have lawyer the deal is off ??????

Police chief Somyot said the suspects had made no request for lawyers.

"They haven't asked for lawyers. If they had asked for lawyers we would have provided lawyers for them as this is their basic right."

Who needs a lawyer in a death penalty case right ? whistling.gif

Police officers then led the two to a safe-house where they were intensively interrogated.

This is the scary bit . . . . . probably admit to anything while there.

Scary indeed. "A safe house where the BIB's vigorisly beat the crap out of them...and there you go....confession!

In all truthfulness i dont believe any of them did this. The big shot headsmen and son...absolutely did! IMO.

Yeah "safe" house. Safe for the police to do what they please!

Hmm, so if they were tortured it doesn't show on them, no cuts, bruises, scratches, black eyes, scolded skin, etc. . .

after conviction all three of them will end up ehhh... shall we say indesposed ? held in solitary. no will hear them fall down & pump their heads or choke on a rice cracker, banging head due to a slip & fall in the shower picking up the soap,develope stage 4 lung cancer overnite. no one will hear them change their minds :-)

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, minister of Tourism and Sports told AFP, hours after the purported confessions. "The issue of tourist security is very important to us."

I am not sure that I can share the good lady mininster's optimism on this. A quick and convincing arrest, as in the Katherine Horton murder in Samui might have helped a bit with damage limitation but the main point that that British public takes on board is that British people have been raped and murdered while on holiday in Thailand.

In this case the repeated police bunglings and horrendus statements suggesting the victims were to blame for their own deaths along with allegations that David Miller's friend, Chris Ware who was obviously not his lover, committed the murder in fit of homosexual jealousy have only served to keep the story running in the Britiish tabloids and increase the sense of what a dangerous place Thailkand is. You can imagine the reaction of parents now when daughters announce they are going to Thailand for their gap year.

The effect of coming up with these deeply suspicious arrests after all this will not do much more for tourist confidence than leaving the case unsolved. In fact, if there is widespread suspicion that this is a set-up, the effect will be even worse. Tourists will feel that there are mafia controlling tourist resorts who can do anything they like without fear of arrest.

really frame somone then offer them a lawyer which will of coarse be in the police mans pocket

a no win situation not only that i am sure the police have said if you have lawyer the deal is off ??????

Police chief Somyot said the suspects had made no request for lawyers.

"They haven't asked for lawyers. If they had asked for lawyers we would have provided lawyers for them as this is their basic right."

Who needs a lawyer in a death penalty case right ? whistling.gif

Wasn't there a tv member earlier today who posted he together with a group was working to get legal defense for the accused. So probably they are waiting for him.whistling.gif

I wonder how long his posts will stay online.

To be fair to thepolice report of blond hair were made on the first dayofthe investigation which made everybody. Think either plant or farang.

If the police can substantiate the claim of dyed hair they could have a very strong case.

The first day brought all sorts of slight suggestion that this was a Farang act of passion , hence the stupid idea that she had cigarettes with the killers and that someone else had a gay lover. Etc etc.

I bet in the fullness of time, it will turn out that her DNA was not on the cigarettes. Any packs of cigarettes in the pics with her? Was she even a smoker..

That whole DNA on cigarettes was part of the original unsophisticated cover up.

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, minister of Tourism and Sports told AFP, hours after the purported confessions. "The issue of tourist security is very important to us."

I am not sure that I can share the good lady mininster's optimism on this. A quick and convincing arrest, as in the Katherine Horton murder in Samui might have helped a bit with damage limitation but the main point that that British public takes on board is that British people have been raped and murdered while on holiday in Thailand.

In this case the repeated police bunglings and horrendus statements suggesting the victims were to blame for their own deaths along with allegations that David Miller's friend, Chris Wyare who was obviously not his lover, committed the murder in fit of homosexual jealousy have only served to keep the story running in the Britiish tabloids and increase the sense of what a dangerous place Thailkand is. You can imagine the reaction of parents now when daughters announce they are going to Thailand for their gap year.

The effect of coming up with these deeply suspicious arrests after all this will not do much more for tourist confidence than leaving the case unsolved. In fact, if there is widespread suspicion that this is a set-up, the effect will be even worse. Tourists will feel that there are mafia controlling tourist resorts who can do anything they like without fear of arrest.

It's okay everyone, they caught the killers, come back to Thailand its safe. We'll give you an electronic ankle bracelet as soon as you step off the plane. Also we shall insert a microchip with all your personal details on into your right earlobe. So why not come and enjoy the fun of Thailand. Book now and receive a free crash helmet courtesy of AC bar Ko Tao.

A major Thai newspaper reported on the re-enactment:

Saw showed how he allegedly grabbed a hoe from a nearby vegetable garden and brought it down on the back of Miller's head before dragging the young man into the sea.

I wonder then how David got the deep puncture wounds under his chin and under his right eye socket in addition to the wounds on the back of his head.

In this case the repeated police bunglings and horrendus statements suggesting the victims were to blame for their own deaths along with allegations that David Miller's friend, Chris Wyare who was obviously not his lover, committed the murder in fit of homosexual jealousy have only served to keep the story running in the Britiish tabloids and increase the sense of what a dangerous place Thailkand is. You can imagine the reaction of parents now when daughters announce they are going to Thailand for their gap year.

It's okay everyone, they caught the killers, come back to Thailand its safe. We'll give you an electronic ankle bracelet as soon as you step off the plane. Also we shall insert a microchip with all your personal details on into your right earlobe. So why not come and enjoy the fun of Thailand. Book now and receive a free crash helmet courtesy of AC bar Ko Tao.

Liability release waivers are next.

'If you happen to be murdered while you're here you promise that you won't hold the wonderful thai people accountable'

A major Thai newspaper reported on the re-enactment:

Saw showed how he allegedly grabbed a hoe from a nearby vegetable garden and brought it down on the back of Miller's head before dragging the young man into the sea.

I wonder then how David got the deep puncture wounds under his chin and under his right eye socket in addition to the wounds on the back of his head.

Agreed. CSI LA page shows quite a few different wounds in different places

10653396_1576587039230997_75592340885510

Just a wild guess, but unless the guy in the video has a twin brother or a clone, than it is pretty likely the guy in the CCT image is the same guy pictured on the right.

I also read in one of the earlier hundreds of media reports that the CCT guy was wearing a pair of shorts taken from one of the victims So if these guys are not the murderers or at least not on the scene, than how can anyone explain this one?

Again as I keep saying; all will be revealed as the updates are published.

The side burn on the kid on the right matches more closely with the CCTV shot. It curves foward and is longer.

And quite honestly, as soon as I saw the photo of the guy on the left yesterday, I didn't believe its him in the CCTV shot. His chest looked more developed/muscular than the guy in the CCTV shot, whose chest is very flat and not muscular at all. It just doesn't fit to me.

You could probably have the two walk down a path and see whose gait matches better.

Hair looks as if it has been washed and maybe blown dry straight, possibly made the sideburns the angle he wanted

the one on the right is a much closer fit to cctv man - and the one on the right is...?

The first day brought all sorts of slight suggestion that this was a Farang act of passion , hence the stupid idea that she had cigarettes with the killers and that someone else had a gay lover. Etc etc.

I bet in the fullness of time, it will turn out that her DNA was not on the cigarettes. Any packs of cigarettes in the pics with her? Was she even a smoker..

That whole DNA on cigarettes was part of the original unsophisticated cover up.

The article in BKK Post gives another sickening (and almost unlikely) detail that might explain the presence of her DNA on the cigarette as well as the perpetrators. It raises questions as well, as I seem to remember that the cigarette-end was not found near the crime-scene?

"With her partner incapacitated, both men are accused of then setting upon Witheridge, taking turns raping her while alternately smoking a cigarette."

Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

People from the UK must be so proud of their ambassador to Thailand.bah.gif

Perhaps Mr. Kent is more qualified to address Thai culture than any of you.

I`m not sure Ambassador Kent said those things. Have not seen anything that quotes him directly on that. The story seems to be a later clumsy spin and also states that the main purpose of his visit to Police Commissioner General (yesterday Oct 2nd) was to congratulate him on his appointment (Aug 20th) as top cop. Right, that would be it, nothing to do with Koh Tao investigation really.

The earlier story (BP, Nation, Khaosed) has it as a meeting requested by HMG to check progress and to re-offer British technical/police expertise in CCTV footage analysis and DNA testing.

Whether or not offer accepted is unclear. Now they have confessions and the results from RTP lab, they can of course say that such outside expertise is not required.

It is clear that yesterday Gen Somyut invited Mark Kent to visit Koh Tao to check on progress. Attend the planned photo-opp reenactment more likely? Doubt Brit CID want to be involved in RTP grueling confession extractions off police premises.

If Mr Kent did say anything like the congrats mentioned, it may well have been a little British sarcasm or a quid pro quo for being able to get a Brit activist for Burmese Migrant Workers Rights out of Thailand on Sept 11th That criminal defamation case is on going and the most serious charges are yet to be heard. You scratched ours, we have to reluctantly scratch yours a little.

Also there are many Brit Nationals living under Martial Law, their well-being is an ongoing concern.

"Your fate lies at the mercy of the rich, fools and desperate men". to edit a famous quote a tad.

This thread is absolutely the most priceless thread I have ever read.

You conspiracy theorists on here have hit a new all time record.

Well we have beatings electric shock treatment photo experts forensic experts beatings cover ups bemused faces finger pointing the expression on the guys face means he didn't do it or how about he is actually pointing at the real perp.Why even some dragged the shin family into it.

You guys are really the most negative bunch of blokes On planet earth.You never give credit just whinge whinge whinge .

You guys get your rocks off by just arguing and you are lost in thai visa fantasy world.

They have confessed the DNA will prove they did and a good job done by the cops despite the media hiccups so give credit where credit is due.

Hpe for your life that you will never get in a situation where RTP will have to proof your inocence !

Than I would like to hear your revised statement !