Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

Seems all of a sudden "inspector Clouseau" was put on the case, rounding up all usual and unusual suspects. To top it all: an authority figure assuring the media that the case will be cracked very soon ?

The nation and the rest of the (media) world holding their breath in anticipation. All of a sudden "shazam" because after "interrogation" (what's in a name) they not only get one, but three confessions. All of a sudden. The (supposed) killers: other "Falang" ? No. "Genuine working" Thai? No. Migrant workers ? Yes. Probably "best of three" worlds. But in reality chances are they are patsy's indeed. No matter that offcials "claimed" DNA matched. We'll probably never know for sure.Under torture of severe beatings a person will confess to anything and we ought to keep that into consideration.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British Ambassador should resign. What a pathetic yes man. I'm feel utterly sick

All British passport holders need to sign a petition to her majesty and the British government, condemning the snivelling drivel which has emanated from their ambassador and asking for his removal due to his incompetence. coffee1.gif

How do with go about this. We need to set something solid up and follow it through. This is despicable!!
Indeed, how do we do this?

I am off for lunch btw. PM me when you have it all sorted out.

I think this Kid is the real Culprit

If you mean the student one, now studying hard in Bangkok......Nail on head.

But, if he was not in class at the time of the murder, why have none of his fellow students not come forward with statements. Particular his fellow female students. The injuries sustained by the female victim were excessive and psychotic, are no Thai females shocked by this??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Firstly I know there's been a lot of people pop up on new accounts on TV to stir the pot but I've genuinely been following this and wanted to add:
If you'd been interrogated enough to confess to a murder you didn't commit (there's certainly precedent), then would you dob your two mates in as well?
It's hard to say, when you haven't suffered the torture. But my head tells me I wouldn't bring two of my friends down with me if any of us were innocent.
Maybe they have got the right people.
Saying that; surely grabbing a garden hoe would be an afterthought rather than an initial one. If you're going to be a peeping Tom then why take a weapon at all. Seems very convenient.

Welcome to Thai Visa. Re; serious crimes in Thailand, there is often the option given by interrogating police, of having a sentence lightened by admitting the crime. The option is stated something like this, by cops: "We know you did it. If you plead guilty, you will save us a lot of time, and the court's time, and you'll get a lighter sentence, and not the death penalty (if applicable). On the other hand, if you continue to be obstinate, and declare your innocence, YOU WILL BE FOUND GUILTY, and you will get death."

Imagine you're a dirt-poor foreigner in Thailand, of questionable legality. Maybe the cops salted the evidence (perhaps planted drugs in your room, or...?) Cops may even threaten your family members. There may or may not be cash offer. Note: cash plus time-in-prison looks a lot better than death penalty with no cash. You have no advocate within 1,000 miles. There may or may not be torture. Now, taking that all in to account, would you hang tough or play along? If you hang tough and insist on your innocence (which 2 of the 3 Burmese did for many hours), then you're a tougher nut than I.

The distance between forcibly admitting guilt and implicating your 2 buddies who are getting the same treatment in other rooms of the 'safe house', is the width of the swing of a rubber hose.

I certainly understand that, pressure in the right places can force anyone to confess no matter what. What I don't get is why you would implicate two 'friends' if they're not guilty. You'd simply confess to it yourself.

You could argue that they've offered a better deal for naming accomplices. I just like to think if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't name anyone, definitely not people I call friends, unless I considered them guilty.

A number of years ago, an up-an-coming stand-up comedian was caught selling a bit of cocaine. To keep his buns out of jail and to not ruin his budding career, he ratted on every coke dealer he could think of. People say things when under duress. This isn't RAF pilots caught by the Luftwaffe in WWII. If the cops can break a couple kids to admitting guilt, then it's a small step to get them to implicate their buddies.

I think this Kid is the real Culprit

If you mean the student one, now studying hard in Bangkok......Nail on head.

But, if he was not in class at the time of the murder, why have none of his fellow students not come forward with statements. Particular his fellow female students. The injuries sustained by the female victim were excessive and psychotic, are no Thai females shocked by this??

The people who know the other former-suspect (son of the island Big Shot) are probably shocked. However, this is Thailand, and self-preservation trumps action to do or say the right thing. I'd venture dozens of people know a whole lot of pertinent info about this case - who are too Thai and too spooked to speak out.

The Burmese trio didn't do it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Firstly I know there's been a lot of people pop up on new accounts on TV to stir the pot but I've genuinely been following this and wanted to add:

If you'd been interrogated enough to confess to a murder you didn't commit (there's certainly precedent), then would you dob your two mates in as well?

It's hard to say, when you haven't suffered the torture. But my head tells me I wouldn't bring two of my friends down with me if any of us were innocent.

Saying that; surely grabbing a garden hoe would be an afterthought rather than an initial one. If you're going to be a peeping Tom then why take a weapon at all. Seems very convenient.

Welcome to Thai Visa. Re; serious crimes in Thailand, there is often the option given by interrogating police, of having a sentence lightened by admitting the crime. The option is stated something like this, by cops: "We know you did it. If you plead guilty, you will save us a lot of time, and the court's time, and you'll get a lighter sentence, and not the death penalty (if applicable). On the other hand, if you continue to be obstinate, and declare your innocence, YOU WILL BE FOUND GUILTY, and you will get death."

Imagine you're a dirt-poor foreigner in Thailand, of questionable legality. Maybe the cops salted the evidence (perhaps planted drugs in your room, or...?) Cops may even threaten your family members. There may or may not be cash offer. Note: cash plus time-in-prison looks a lot better than death penalty with no cash. You have no advocate within 1,000 miles. There may or may not be torture. Now, taking that all in to account, would you hang tough or play along? If you hang tough and insist on your innocence (which 2 of the 3 Burmese did for many hours), then you're a tougher nut than I.

The distance between forcibly admitting guilt and implicating your 2 buddies who are getting the same treatment in other rooms of the 'safe house', is the width of the swing of a rubber hose.

I certainly understand that, pressure in the right places can force anyone to confess no matter what. What I don't get is why you would implicate two 'friends' if they're not guilty. You'd simply confess to it yourself.

You could argue that they've offered a better deal for naming accomplices. I just like to think if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't name anyone, definitely not people I call friends, unless I considered them guilty.

A number of years ago, an up-an-coming stand-up comedian was caught selling a bit of cocaine. To keep his buns out of jail and to not ruin his budding career, he ratted on every coke dealer he could think of. People say things when under duress. This isn't RAF pilots caught by the Luftwaffe in WWII. If the cops can break a couple kids to admitting guilt, then it's a small step to get them to implicate their buddies.

Please reread your own post.

he ratted on every coke dealer he could think of.

Which means he KNEW the dealers, as in he KNEW his companions in the crime

This picture has really made me sad. The two suspects, both young, small and skinny, look bemused. The one who is pointing has been told where, and the other has no idea, from the look on his face.

Why hasn't the top policeman put a stop to it? It's abhorrent to use these young men as scapegoats.

Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

People from the UK must be so proud of their ambassador to Thailand.bah.gif

I do wonder if the ambassador is taking the pee? "exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit"? Nah, that's his way of saying the exact opposite I reckon. He quite obviously cannot go public and say they're rubbish and an insult to humanity so by overloading his statement with false platitudes, he's saying exactly that. At least, I hope he is and not simply brown-nosing the mad dictator etc?

why it we are told that all three have cofessed to murder and rape then only two are charged

did they not stick enough evidence the the third one even though he confessed

and why the glassed look and again why crash hats if thepolice wanted the public to see them why not take off helmets

I'm folding

there is a 3rd guy that will bury them for his freedom,

the two had been observing Hannah from the moment she walked in the bar, and every time she was there,

someone wanted her, maybe both,

being rejected is enough to get a guy enflamed,

they may be small, but that means nothing,

a kid with a baseball bat, which is what those hoes are, swinging at a guys skull who is laying on top of a girl, will die with the second blow,

the girl didnt even know what was happening, and there was a killer on top of her,

sorry chums,

I am going w the RTP

This picture has really made me sad. The two suspects, both young, small and skinny, look bemused. The one who is pointing has been told where, and the other has no idea, from the look on his face.

Why hasn't the top policeman put a stop to it? It's abhorrent to use these young men as scapegoats.

I've run out of 'likes' but let me insert another word other than 'bemused.' I'd say the suspects look sad and dazed. ....and if you took off those heavy clothes I bet you'd see some bruises.

I have no particular view as to the likely guilt or innocence of this pair. However Thailand should be troubled by the fact that so many people, Thai and farang, believe that a "fit up" is at least a possibility. The cynicism expressed on this forum is born of long experience in observing Thai law enforcement and "justice". It comes as no surprise that people have deep and abiding concerns about the quality and accuracy of investigations and the legal process.

why it we are told that all three have cofessed to murder and rape then only two are charged

did they not stick enough evidence the the third one even though he confessed

and why the glassed look and again why crash hats if thepolice wanted the public to see them why not take off helmets

Perhaps two charges for the DNA match, seems like a slam dunk.

I presume a confession can be withdrawn before trial? (Thai law aficionados correct me if necessary).

Therefore, they need other evidence that will prove the other person's guilt and I'm sure they're not going to share all that whatever it is?

Point is, the RTP need to have 3 perps confessing, because that's the number they believe carried out the murders. it wouldn't be enough for you to confess; they'd beat the other names out of you. And look at the picture of the two young kids. Do you think they could prevent the police from extreme physical assault?

Why am I not surprised the re-enactment is a farce. Look at the photo below, there are no less than 3 cops directing the suspects what to do and how to do it. One brass-looking official is pointing and shouting directions. One cop in black shirt is right behind the suspects with his arm on one of their shoulders. Another cop who looks like an officer is holding the arm of the other suspect (who looks 95 lbs) and directing what he should be doing. It's not a reenactment it's a staged show with the multiple directors physically controlling every more the suspects make. What a sham. If I were top banana, I would discipline every cop involved with this cover-up case!

reenact.jpg

The guy on the left is updating his facebook with the latest selfie.

Not sure if its these guys until I see a picture with fingers being pointed at them. This picture shows them pointing fingers... makes me think that the murders are just over there behind the guys taking this picture..

Edited by wow64

Yes. I agree with the above comment from Prbkk. My wife is following this through the Thai media and says many Thais are now crying foul over this convenient fit-up. It's a sad state of affairs when even many Thai nationals don't believe their police have conducted this investigation in the right manner. It is sickening for all to see. Thankfully, she's just got her UK visa and we are out of here in a week. This whole sad and sorry affair will leave a bad taste in the mouth for a very long time though.

10653396_1576587039230997_75592340885510

Just a wild guess, but unless the guy in the video has a twin brother or a clone, than it is pretty likely the guy in the CCT image is the same guy pictured on the right.

I also read in one of the earlier hundreds of media reports that the CCT guy was wearing a pair of shorts taken from one of the victims So if these guys are not the murderers or at least not on the scene, than how can anyone explain this one?

Again as I keep saying; all will be revealed as the updates are published.

Taking into consideration this whole "Keystone-esque" investigation when you read things like "But after a grueling daylong interrogation after the first suspect who confessed implicated his colleagues." and "Police officers then led the two to a safe-house where they were intensively interrogated." and then the changes in the lad's story - yesterday he said he saw then making love on the beach - today he's saying they were romantically embracing and cuddling.. Could this small change in the story be due to the fact that there was no DNA from David Miller in or on Miss Witheridge? Then I read the ambassador's totally sarcastic statement praising Mr Plod "exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit." one does wonder about these "confessions". The trouble, or issue, is that the police have planted evidence, attempted to bribe a local taxi driver (with the help of a beating), destroyed the crime scene and generally mis-managed the whole thing with the professionalism of a $5 hooker that nobody is prepared to believe anything they say! Even if the DNA matches nobody will believe it and people will assume the police have switched or manipulated the DNA.... They might well be the guilty ones, nobody will believe it though.

Point is, the RTP need to have 3 perps confessing, because that's the number they believe carried out the murders. it wouldn't be enough for you to confess; they'd beat the other names out of you. And look at the picture of the two young kids. Do you think they could prevent the police from extreme physical assault?

Looking at the guy on the left, he appears solidly built and quite muscular. If he had other accomplishes, I would say they would not have had any problems in overpowering the victims.

And if I were one of the murderers, especially regarding all the International attention this case has brought, I too would be scared, ill at ease, confused and disturbed knowing the fate that awaits me.

The police know exactly what they are doing and as this case now draws to a close, the evidence held against these monsters will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

the evidence held against these monsters will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's about the only thing you've said that I can agree with.

But the implication is that you have 100% faith that the police will not have tampered with the evidence.

I still have that bridge for sale.

Edited by Chicog

"Win stated that he was curious and grabbed a garden hoe and went to sneak a peek of the couple making out."

Curious, so grabbed a garden hoe??

Yeah, you know—one of those garden hoes we always see at the beach.

doesnt look like a killer to me, and, if he is a bartender in a club where girls are getting wasted all the time, I doubt he has trouble getting females

NOT BUYIN IT RTP

What does a killer look like?

................................"What does a killer look like?"................................

post-70157-0-21218000-1402319662_zpse786

They apparently found her mobile phone in one of their rooms... What more do you people want !! If all think they are innocent, then help them

This is news to me, if the phone they found belonged to Hannah, and was in one of the burmese rooms , we can stop speculating.

Unless you think someone planted the phone there , then just carry on speculating all you want.

yeh because you are going to stay on the island & keep somebody's iphone that they have bludgeoned to death. You do know there is an app that traces iphones?

How do you know it was an iPhone ?

10653396_1576587039230997_75592340885510

Just a wild guess, but unless the guy in the video has a twin brother or a clone, than it is pretty likely the guy in the CCT image is the same guy pictured on the right.

I also read in one of the earlier hundreds of media reports that the CCT guy was wearing a pair of shorts taken from one of the victims So if these guys are not the murderers or at least not on the scene, than how can anyone explain this one?

Again as I keep saying; all will be revealed as the updates are published.

The side burn on the kid on the right matches more closely with the CCTV shot. It curves foward and is longer.

And quite honestly, as soon as I saw the photo of the guy on the left yesterday, I didn't believe its him in the CCTV shot. His chest looked more developed/muscular than the guy in the CCTV shot, whose chest is very flat and not muscular at all. It just doesn't fit to me.

You could probably have the two walk down a path and see whose gait matches better.