Lifes Good

macca46

That is except if you buy one of LG'S products like I did.

Seven months ago bought two of their products a large 2 door fridge and a front loading washing machine.

Twenty days ago the fridge was still working but not getting cold rang the number provided on a site map number disconnected so drove to the location no one there went the retailer, they have moved I was told it would take at least 4 days for LG to look at the problem we can come tomorrow for 300 baht ok I will pay of course they did not fix it picked it the following day and we got it back twelve days later, all it needed was to be re-gassed this entails about one hours work!!!!!!!!!!!! not twelve days, every time the T/W rang LG the technician is busy/not here/eating/just gone out but will ring you back 10 days on still have not heard from him although we have our fridge back and working good.

Yes life is good in Udon Thani but please do not buy any of LG'S products if you want heartache/headache because their service stinks we had to throw out 5000 baht worth of food.

The retailer was Best High Tech I would not advise any one to shop there either.

So if you want a good life in UT do not buy an LG PRODUCT

Service and repairs are almost certainly contracted out. It's unlikely that LG has service centers all over Thailand (or any market they sell in). You'd likely have the same problem with Panaphonics, Magnetbox or Sorny. Try taking this up at the corporate level or submitting a request for service at their web site: http://www.lg.com/th/support/contact-customer-support

I've bought lots from LG and never had a bad experience.

Edited by attrayant
  • Like 1

Name and shame why not if you pay in excess of 60000 baht for products that have faults I think I have certain rights to air my thoughts and opinion.

Yes I did email LG in Bkk the last email I received from them was on Sunday just gone, they requested me to wait until they contacted their technician in UT on Monday, today is Friday and I have not received a reply, if i had of received a reply whether it be the right or the wrong one I would not have posted.

I have owned quite a few new fridges over the years at most times it is about ten years before a re-gas is required done in house takes an hour at the most not taking of the premise and returning twelve days later.

So I think in all fairness what it has cost me me in spoiled food and the loss of an important household commodity I have have every right to voice my opinion.

I will also add that i did re-email yesterday informing them of my intentions.

Name and shame why not <snip>

Macca ... it's understandable that you feel ripped off.

But Thailand has some strict Libel Laws and by Thai Visa allowing the comments to stand, they are, by default, supporting what you say.

Sad, but rue.

OH ... I hope you resolve your issues.

Life indeed is good......

Unfortunately just bought a new LG fridge for the inlaws ....hopefully it's all OK.....w00t.gif

I bought an LG microwave which I had for six years, no problem wih it, I then upgraded it for another LG three years ago, still no problem, have just bought a new LG top loading washing machine. Back in the UK, I bought a new Samsung microwave, just after the years warranty expired, it broke down and was not worth fixing. I have never bought a Samsung electrical appliance since.

• Like 1

Name and shame why not <snip>

Macca ... it's understandable that you feel ripped off.

But Thailand has some strict Libel Laws and by Thai Visa allowing the comments to stand, they are, by default, supporting what you say.

Sad, but rue.

OH ... I hope you resolve your issues.

On the other hand if what you say is true and honest and can be proved how can there be "damages" assessed by any "Normal" and fair jurisprudence.

I too bought an LG American style fridge freezer which worked for all of three months before the blasted 60K Baht machine was consigned to the dump, the reason it was destoyed becasue no one in my neck of the woods in Pattaya could repair or find out what was wrong with it and LGs support is abysmal.

In any event you only have to look up the internet for LG products and their missing support and you will see that not only do they not answer complaints, they dont take any notice of the many defamatory and derogatory comments there are by disgruntled former customers like me and the OP

Finally IMHO they (LG) do not take people to court for making these negative comments because if they did they would have to establish that the defamatory statements were false and this in light of their known history would be nigh on impossible for them to do

Didn't you have any friends or neighbors to take the food?

I'm just imaging that it must have been a really really massively large fridge to fit 5000 bahts worth of perishable food into.

Let me see, a bunch of Basil, coriander and chives - 10 baht........only 499 bunches to go. :P

Must have been the grain fed fillet steak from Tasmania ;)

Edited by neverdie

What's the washing machine got to do with your fridge being kaput?

CharlieH...the op mentions the shop Best High Tech, and since he lives in UT, would the shop hanging their heads in shame with useless after sale service happen to be Best High Tech UT by any chance?

Edited by krisb

Aren't there forum rules against naming and shaming?

There are Forum rules against Thai Bashing, but its a rule that's ignored.

Ignored because the Forum may need to close down due to lack of traffic in case they strictly enforce that rule?

• Like 1

I am not sure it is true....

But, I have been told it is against the law to encourage anyone to boycott any business or company in Thailand.

I would be careful.

Over the years, I think my luck has been about 50%-50% with any electrical product I have purchased in Thailand'

and service?

What's service?