Farang/Thai couples - why so touchy-feely?

SoiBiker

initially i thought it was just me, you know, younger girl, older guy, just wanted to hold her all the time.

now, 4 years on, it's her (issan girl) who does not let go of me. out in the street, at friends places, at home, she just has to be in contact with me somehow. bad on a really warm day, but.

wake up at night, she clings to me like a koala baby. i don't mind and she seems to just need it somehow. i asked her if she did this with her thai husband before, she says he would not have let her.

Edited by manfredtillmann

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't noticed the touch feely thing, but there seems to be a few touchy feely people on this thread that seem to have their own hands firmly planted on it. Standard TVF stuff.

Some of them certainly seem quite touchy.

I haven't noticed the touch feely thing, but there seems to be a few touchy feely people on this thread that seem to have their own hands firmly planted on it. Standard TVF stuff.

Some of them certainly seem quite touchy.

Self touchy ;)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because I am depressed that Costas 2008 didn't jump on this bandwagon you created as a Troll post to bring out the never ending interesting responses... Did you learn anything? Did you finish your Thesis

Other people are engaging with the topic. Looks like you're the one trolling...

Engaging???? Is that what you are calling it??? You have been put down 9 out 10 so far for your mindless dribbled opinon TROLL>

Look, if you don't like the topic of the thread then don't bloody read it.

Why are you sitting there typing out "TROLL" in every post like it's some sort of spell or hex that wards off spirits ?

Just move on

• Like 1

I do not hold hands with my wife ,except when crossing a street, out of respect for her, because I know Thais frown on this practice. If she chooses to hold my hand, which she occasionally does, then that is different. I do not impose my customs on her.

• Like 1

I do not hold hands with my wife ,except when crossing a street, out of respect for her, because I know Thais frown on this practice. If she chooses to hold my hand, which she occasionally does, then that is different. I do not impose my customs on her.

Not frowned on in Bangkok, Pattaya or any other tourist centre.

Haven't you ever been in Love?

In Thai culture it's not appropriate to show affection in public, at least for older people. In Bangkok there are youngster who will act like a westerners, but that doesn't meant that outside of Bangkok its ok to act like that. What I've been understood at least older thai couples will show affection between each other only on private. I haven't seen thais hug their children much, at least in public.

Times change.

I heard in Thailand that even prostitution is illegal and yet it happens. Just imagine. The scandal.

I don't see it as a good thing that (mainly young) Thais imitate western lifestyle more and more.

Maybe somewhere, someplace there are others who do not agree with your opinion.

There is a decided difference in couples walking together as opposed to the Pattaya/Nana walk with gals literally being towed behind the "john" heading for a room that she doesn't know where it's located....probably the stigma/reason one poster nooted that husbands and wives do not walk holding hands in Pattaya - the women to not want to be mistaken for or associated with the atmosphere present in that city....

The fawning/toying/pawing/petting/touching (drooling) - like a child waiting to open their Christmas present in front of everyone else simply does not belong in a polite society....but some do not know the difference or distinction....or care to know.....will never learn....

• Like 2

Public displays of affection are not a uniquely western thing. Africans do it to, and Eskimos. Its quite an enjoyable thing and might actually do something to.release a little of the repressed tension among the youth of today.

I don't think Thais are taking too many examples from Thai Farang couples. Maybe they should just stick to things like thainsoap operas for advice about beating their bird into submission and that if she gets a bit cheeky she might get a bit of punishment between the sheets.

And ain't that the way it should be. Thainess. Universally hypocritical in every manner.

is there a subject you cant turn into thai bashing?
Coz, to be perfectly frank, I never noticed that farangs were particularly touchy with their wives. My missus certainly isn't, and I consider it a complete irrelevance.

There are far more important issues in Thai society which are real problems that go way beyond whether holding hands is a problem

nice dodge

That's exactly how I feel about it. Apprently Thai culture tells me how conservative it is and the red light capital of the world.

So, yes, I think thailand has more pressing issues.

After decades of being married to my English wife, we still held hands.

I do the same with any woman I am with (in a relationship) Thai or not. I never saw a problem with it and neither have they.

Maybe some of us feel it is a natural thing to do?

"Maybe some of us feel it is a natural thing to do?"

I can think of several things that are natural to do that most of us refrain from doing in public.

I doubt many people find a couple holding hands offensive, depending on the venue, but I don't need to see some butt-ugly grotesque creep doing exploration by tongue all over some young thing who manages to conceal her sense of nausea better than I do. If you want to get natural, as the expression has it, "get a room."

The line between affection and indecent assault may not be clearly and universally agreed, but spare a thought for those around you who are struggling to keep their dinner down.

• Like 1

We live here in Pattaya .the only Thai Western couples who go around holding hands are usually holidaymakers with their"girlfriend" most ordinary married couples do not ,now when we are behind closed doorssmile.png

How do you know that? You're just guessing.

I was waiting and got bored, i really don't give a sht who holds hands and why.. Believe me there are more interesting topics than this one. Like the psychology behind women wearing high heels mmppfff.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You could start a thread.

From the girls point of view...it has to do with the perception of possession...saying...this ATM machine is mine...keep your hands off...do not smile and shake your booty...get your own foreign banker...

From the girls point of view...it has to do with the perception of possession...saying...this ATM machine is mine...keep your hands off...do not smile and shake your booty...get your own foreign banker...

Does a girl with a POV as above ever let him out alone?

I hold my wife's hand because I like to (and so does she), it also prevents her wandering off (ever tried to find a Thai lady in a Dutch supermarket where everyone is > 6'?).

I'm also guilty of 'steering' it can help reduce the instances of gold purchase smile.png

On occasion she links arms with me, I suspect that's the "he's mine" signal as it's only apparent when other 'better' examples are in range smile.png

Are you ever allowed to go shopping alone where you might encounter 'better' examples?

After decades of being married to my English wife, we still held hands.

I do the same with any woman I am with (in a relationship) Thai or not. I never saw a problem with it and neither have they.

Maybe some of us feel it is a natural thing to do?

"Maybe some of us feel it is a natural thing to do?"[/size]

I can think of several things that are natural to do that most of us refrain from doing in public.

I doubt many people find a couple holding hands offensive, depending on the venue, but I don't need to see some butt-ugly grotesque creep doing exploration by tongue all over some young thing who manages to conceal her sense of nausea better than I do. If you want to get natural, as the expression has it, "get a room."

The line between affection and indecent assault may not be clearly and universally agreed, but spare a thought for those around you who are struggling to keep their dinner down.

Why is it that the most demonstrative Thai couples in public (hand holding, kissing, touching, stroking, nuzzling etc.) are toms & dees? The BTS is full of them - get a room!

Personally, I'd like to thank the OP for throwing it out.

For me, the timing was good. Reason being, I'm here in Chum phae visiting a gal I've been sweet on for quite some time via social media, but just recently met. We were outside, me reading while she was doing some watering. Stumbled on this thread, and asked her what her feeling was? Up to now, we'd been holding hands, and occasionally me placing my arm around her shoulders or waist while walking.

She indicated she didn't much care for it, I asked her why? She said over and above being shy, Thai culture views it as inappropriate, at least in her neck of the woods. Apparently she wasn't digging it, but would never have said anything as she didn't want to offend me. Soooo... unless she changes over time, as another indicated his girl had, I will respect her wishes and refrain. In all honesty, it doesn't surprise me, as thus far, she's proven to be conservative in other ways too.

Cheers!

My lady and myself do the same. When I asked her about it she said "That would not be right, people might think that I am not a good lady" When it is dark and we are out on the town she will grab my hand sometimes and smile then tell me "no one can see me or know who I am"

In private she is the most affectionate person and sometimes just comes up and states that she needs a hug. Like you, I look to understand and respect her feelings as she does to me.When in Rome...........

• Like 1

Haven't you ever been in Love?

In Thai culture it's not appropriate to show affection in public, at least for older people. In Bangkok there are youngster who will act like a westerners, but that doesn't meant that outside of Bangkok its ok to act like that. What I've been understood at least older thai couples will show affection between each other only on private. I haven't seen thais hug their children much, at least in public.

Times change.

I heard in Thailand that even prostitution is illegal and yet it happens. Just imagine. The scandal.

I don't think prostitution, itself, is illegal in Thailand but I believe 'pimping' is, i.e. those bar-fines.