Farang/Thai couples - why so touchy-feely?

SoiBiker

It's interesting how a simple discussion about behaviour in public seems to have struck a nerve for a handful of posters. I wonder what that's all about?

Honestly, I don't think you have struck a nerve in anyone (at least not me). I am just very surprised that some people have nothing better to think about. The fact this is on your mind and you are thinking about it to the point where you need to start a discussion thread about it.....well.....kinda' strange.

And you are just wrong. I can't speak for all of Thailand, but I live in Bangkok and see Thai couple holding hands and showing affecting in public everyday.

• Like 1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why in the world do you care? Are you a grown man? Why are you concerned about interracial couples holding hands? People like you scare me.

What, people that use their brain scare you?giggle.gif

The OP is definitely not using his brain for anything useful or important if this is what he spends his time thinking about. I have a great admiration for intellectuals and critical thinkers.

Spending your time thinking about this nonsense is just pathetic.

Whereas posting replies to a topic you consider nonsense is a worthwhile use of your time, I guess?

I guess I just get sucked in sometimes. Can't control myself when I see such a stupid topic. I will have to work on it I guess. I think I do pretty well though considering this site is littered with BS among the really helpful and useful stuff.

It's interesting how a simple discussion about behaviour in public seems to have struck a nerve for a handful of posters. I wonder what that's all about?

I don't think you've really struck a nerve at all, though by getting worked up over something which is neither your concern nor that big of a deal, you have made yourself seem somewhat a chump.

• Like 1

The OP is definitely not using his brain for anything useful or important if this is what he spends his time thinking about. I have a great admiration for intellectuals and critical thinkers.

Whereas posting replies to a topic you consider nonsense is a worthwhile use of your time, I guess?

It's not nonsense.

A discussion about the public behaviour of farangs in Thailand concerns us all. Especially those of us who are settled here with Thai families.

It's not nonsense.

A discussion about the public behaviour of farangs in Thailand concerns us all. Especially those of us who are settled here with Thai families.

Yeah, this is part of the problem and I did not want to mention it, but this is a good opportunity. There is a growing trend of people who just don't know how to mind their own business. The behavior of farangs is of absolutely no concern to you. You should really focus more on yourself and your family. We are not talking about farangs running wild and terrorizing the country, but rather holding hands with their Thai partner. You really need to get a life. A few months back some idiot here was complaining about a white guy with headphones on dancing in front of Central World because his behavior will affect us all. This is truly pathetic. Focus on yourself and be the best possible person you can be. Unless you see something that is criminal, someone being endangered, of someone needing help...........grow up and mind your own damn business.

People like you are clearly lacking something in life and you are trying to fill the void by obsessing and criticizing what others do.

Edited by inbangkok
  • Like 1

Point1: Soi Biker obviously raised a worth while topic, otherwise we would not have had so much interest and discussion. Fair comment to raise I think. many of us are just bored and are chatting about any topic raised. Why not. My Thai wife and I when in public, hold hands only. What a great wife I have. Living the dream.

Point 2: I was standing behind a youg falung couple on the BTS waiting for a train recently, when they starting sucking heads, only a foot or so from me. Without warning, I dry reached. I was as surprised as the couple who stopped sucking and glared at me. Tears came out of both eyes as I held my mouth to prevent any possible leakage. It stopped their mood rather quickly, and they desisted from then on.

Point 3: It happened again, though in a store this time. As the 2 falungs started closing their eyes, I dry reached but intentionally this time and at it had the same effect as the train couple. I have learnt a useful tactic. Some of you guys will think I am weird or sick. Maybe so, but I will probably do this again.

do what again? make up stories?

• Like 1

The behaviour of Thai people is routinely discussed on here. Why should the behaviour of farangs be taboo?

It is equally pathetic. A few months back there was a thread to the tune of "Why do Thai people wear sunglasses indoors". And "Why do bar girls get treated like rock stars when they marry a foreigner". None of it is taboo. Just ridiculous.

Edited by inbangkok

Agree with Soi Biker, try not to get worked up about it.

I request Soi Biker starts another thread, different topic. You have appear to have a skill of throwing a valid comment out there, prompting controversial yet interesting responses back. Among the good comments, there are some sad cases that comment that clearly need to get a life. But that's ok, we can put up with them. Some might say, I am one of them. Ha Ha.

Can’t speak for other couples but we simply enjoy being together and whether at home, in the car or out and about, we love physical contact. We have only been together for 17 years so we may outgrow our inappropriate behavior at some point but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I have to agree with villagefarang, I have been with my lady for over 36 years; we still hold hands and I still steer her around touching the small of her back. Just courtesy and love my puritanical friends.

• Like 2

Agree with Soi Biker, try not to get worked up about it.

I request Soi Biker starts another thread, different topic. You have appear to have a skill of throwing a valid comment out there, prompting controversial yet interesting responses back. Among the good comments, there are some sad cases that comment that clearly need to get a life. But that's ok, we can put up with them. Some might say, I am one of them. Ha Ha.

Hey you can carry around a couple of these and be the real life of the party:

805cf968ec988eb6e2131ec568b10032.jpg

It's not nonsense.

Why? How I behave in public is absolutely NONE of your concern. Get over yourself....

Yes it is our concern.

The public behaviour of some high-profile minorities effects the rest of them.

An example would be the Nigerian scammers and how they have impacted the mainly law-abiding and decent Africans who come here. Who would trust any of them now?

Incidentally, the issue isn't about merely holding hands, which isn't so bad, it's about treating Thai women in a way that is contrary to ways that are accepted in their culture.

It's not nonsense.

Why? How I behave in public is absolutely NONE of your concern. Get over yourself....

Yes it is our concern.

An example would be the Nigerian scammers and how they have impacted the mainly law-abiding and decent Africans who come here. Who would trust any of them now?

Incidentally, the issue isn't about merely holding hands, which isn't so bad, it's about treating Thai women in a way that is contrary to ways that are accepted in their culture.

I would trust them because I am not a racist or bigot. Can you say the same? I judge people as individuals.

It's not nonsense.

Yes it is our concern.

Where does one see all these foreigners pawing and grabbing at Thai women.

Lotus? Central? Where?

• Like 1

Wow,

I have gone from newbie to Member in one thread. I get it, now I know the path to platinum. Just keep throwing out comments right?

Is that why there is so much rubbish being thrown around among the good comments?

That's the ticket CMF, you'll learn. The more times you infuriate other posters and get chastised by the moderators the more points you get.

When a Thai/Farang hold hands in public, it's no big deal. They are probably well bonded with each other in my opinion...

Also these same couples in public can be seen enjoying the day and getting on with life and what's going on around them.