PM will reward police team for resolving Koh Tao murder case

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This just shows that all people involved in this investigation consider it closed.

There will be no trial by jury, they have already confessed. Only sentencing to be completed, a mere formality.

Back slaps all around and thank god eh? High season is about to start!

This whole business has stunk from day one.

Does anyone really believe those Burmese kids did this? I am sure they could be capable of rape and murder but what kind of animal is capable of what happened to those poor kids? It was done with such ferocity and brutality only someone with serious involvement and massive loss of face could be capable. No one who isn't crazed up on drugs could do such a thing surely? I am afraid that this animal is still out there and quite capable of doing something similar again.

Why do you keep calling them kids when they are 22 - 23 years old?

I have seen other innocent faces in Thailand being convicted for murder. Most recently the "innocent" thai boy on the train that killed that poor girl .

Edited by metisdead
16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

This just shows that all people involved in this investigation consider it closed.

There will be no trial by jury, they have already confessed. Only sentencing to be completed, a mere formality.

Back slaps all around and thank god eh? High season is about to start!

This whole business has stunk from day one.

Does anyone really believe those Burmese kids did this? I am sure they could be capable of rape and murder but what kind of animal is capable of what happened to those poor kids? It was done with such ferocity and brutality only someone with serious involvement and massive loss of face could be capable. No one who isn't crazed up on drugs could do such a thing surely? I am afraid that this animal is still out there and quite capable of doing something similar again.

Why do you keep calling them kids when they are 22 - 23 years old?

I have seen other innocent faces in Thailand being convicted for murder. Most recently the "innocent" thai boy on the train that killed that poor girl .

No. That one looked like a sleaze ball.

This clown really need his Nobel or Oscar. You decide.

I feel really sorry about my 1 year old babe that he is holding Thailand passport and currently living this shit.

This mess + everything else in past 3 years finally make kick off.

Tsunami was best thing what could happend country like this. Like get all news and tourist interest and how they pay back? Week after week some get killed, or local/police steal from them.

Edited by Chanthaburi

If they are 22 they have been adults officially for one year. I said kids in the sense that they looked like a couple of kids. Teenagers.

Tell me, do they look like deranged murderers to you? People capable of the atrocities committed to those poor tourists? I've seen the pictures of Hannah and believe me, you would need to be seriously deranged to do something like that to any living creature. Those boys may be capable of murder and rape but don't seem the type to go that far. To me it would be someone who has a personal vendetta to settle, like someone she slighted or enraged for some reason.

But it doesn't matter now. They have confessed so I guess they must have done it.

Maybe he should reward a few more police for the handling of this recent attack on a tourist.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-jack-hansenbartel-a-victim-of-thailands-brutal-underbelly-20141003-10psqf.html

Strangely he is not a tourist - born and bred in Thailand

However the attackers families are very wealthy and hence the tables have turned on jack who is still in Bangkok

You could relate to it if the attackers were Thai but their bloody Chinese yanks!

Six weeks after the attack the police and the two families involved charged jack with assault. Since then more charges are on the table for him and he potentially faces a criminal record and even jail. How's that do you reckon for a fair and transparent system. Have spoken with the lads mother before and the family is destroyed over this attack and the harassment by the police that began 6 weeks later.

The ordeal that has transpired since his attack I cannot even begin to describe on their behalf. So I ll give it a rest but I am avidly following both attacks simultaneously.

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

You really really must be new here. I mean really you have no idea how the Thai police operate and what they get up to. You gotta be trolling, surely.

Try reading up on the murder of the lawyer, Somchai Neelaiphaijit, the murder of Kirsty Jones and subsequent investigation and the murders of Adam Lloyd and Vanessa Arscott and the police handling of the investigation. These are not isolated cases but syptomatic of a criminal organisation in Thailand nominally called the "police". It bears no relation to any experience you may or may not have of the police in the UK or anywhere else in the civilised world.

I always believed a case was solved after the court case, not before!

Does he know the judge's verdict already?

ABSOLUTELY!!!,,,, read the MAJORiTY of the comments on here,,,, It's a SLAM DUNK of the FIRST ORDER!,,,,, jeez how some people actually make it to adulthood without walking in front of a bus is beyond me,,,, My GOD!

I'm AMAZED at the number of IDIOTS on here,,, that really believe these 2 hobbit's, walked up, smacked a 6'3" 200lb MAN in the head,, then 1 drug him to the water, while 1 held her,, without ANYONE hearing screams, etc,,, BESIDES the fact,,, her phone was in the police's hands ,, the day after,, but AMAZINGLY appeared at the home of 1 of the, "suspect's" home

• Like 1

I'm AMAZED at the number of IDIOTS on here,,, that really believe these 2 hobbit's, walked up, smacked a 6'3" 200lb MAN in the head,, then 1 drug him to the water, while 1 held her,, without ANYONE hearing screams, etc,,, BESIDES the fact,,, her phone was in the police's hands ,, the day after,, but AMAZINGLY appeared at the home of 1 of the, "suspect's" home

We all are.

Most arent buying it

Fantastic... rewards the clowns for destroying the crime scene and for a SO CALLED good cover up..... sloppy job by the way.... My 11 year old could have done a more professional job of it.... whistling.gif

BUT... not so fast for rewards as yes..... Never count your chickens until the eggs has not hatched..... facepalm.gif

Important lesson they will learn soon...... wai2.gifwai.gif

• Like 1

I always believed a case was solved after the court case, not before!

Does he know the judge's verdict already?

They don't do court cases in Thailand..

There is no judges and court hearings involved in cover up's.... Guilty as charged, off to the court is only a formality.....laugh.png

• Like 1