NGO questions if the two Myanmar suspects are scapegoats

Lite Beer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lysdexic, on 04 Oct 2014 - 13:32, said:

Y'all are a hoot. Bunch of whinging armchair quarterbacks nattering about how nothing is being done, oooohhhh they're doing it all wrong arent't they, back in __________ we know how to deal with this, they're taking too long, they'll never find the culprits - what, they've found the culprits and dna tests support that well it's all a sham they are scapegoats it was really the headman or his son or maybe justin bieber was seen skulking about........

I fully expect Suvarnabhumi to be clogged with disgusted farang beating feet back to civilization where they always do it right and the beer is cold and women don't cheat them and and and

<deleted>

At least they aren't whinging about whingers...geez, get a life.

I thought he made a good point. whistling.gif

Regardless if the Thai authorities are claiming that the alleged murder's DNA matches, there will be a secondary test and complete autopsy done by the British authorities. This important confirmation will clear-up any misconceptions relating to the questionable "patsy theory".

And this info you got from exactly where?

I thought I read that there was going to be, or has been, a formal inquisition and Interpol DVI protocol proceedure done on the victims. Besides, don't you think the families will proceed with an independant investigation and or DNA inquiry? Dont be such a tool!

Where did you read that - the Beano? Do you have the link handy?

Maybe you should read what Interpol's role is.

They ain't the world's police force and Hollywood ain't reality.

The only hint we have for whatever it's worth is that in the news article, post 22 above, It says the NGO was getting legal help. It also says.

"The British Embassy and the legal representative of the victim are following the case closely. This might effect on the reliability of the justice system in Thailand."

On reading scores of International news reports regarding this case, it seems that worldwide the majority are not convinced that the official police reports are fact.

Perhaps now it is too late, too much time has lapsed and now the police will never be able to convince the world of the credibility of this investigation, whether those charged are guilty or not. And so goes in another nail in the coffin for the reputation of the police.

It is going to be a horrible thing if the families are not able to obtain a confident closure on these murders if there is always going to be doubts.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

Who said that the phone found in the bushes was the girl's phone?

All articles seems to say "phone of the victim", and BangkokPost clearly say

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

So? Why not the guy's phone?

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

If you are suggesting the DNA was "planted" I trust YOU have very strong evidence, or are you just indulging in a bit of Cop Bashing?

I doubt, that given the international publicity surrounding these murders, the Royal Thai Police would take any chance on bungling the case.

As I indicated above, if you have evidence of wrong doing by our Police, I suggest you exhibit some Testicular Fortitude and bring it forward.

If you had been following the reports of this investigation from the start, you might reconsider your statements. Only the RTP would 'know' if DNA samples were switched - that's not to say they weren't for the purpose of bringing this case to the conclusion that would justify the arrests of the suspects, and satisfy the media.

It has also been clear that the RTP has bungled the case, e.g. by allowing the crime scene to be contaminated from day 1. This has been acknowledged by the BKK forensic team. There have been reports of several other incidents that, if factual, cast doubt on the integrity and transparency of the RTP.

The fact that the woman head of a NGO has supported the view of most of the posters here, and agrees with similar feedback from her country-folk indicates that a cover-up for political reasons i.e. the protection of tourism, could have occurred. More disturbingly, that two migrant workers could be innocent of all charges.

Of course, I could be wrong, and if that satisfies your belief that the RTP acted accordingly, I won't argue differently. But I do not share your belief.

IF and that is a BIG IF - these guy's are really scapegoats then it would be easy to cover this up.

>> They already pulled everyone's DNA - so they have DNA to switch if need be.

>> The only other authorities who have the original DNA to verify the race of the perpetrators is the FBI

Interesting to see what pans out... an NGO is an NGO just a voice in the wind.

Just saying:)

Where did you read the FBI has the original DNA?

Someone with clout and money has to represent these men.

If you mean some s**t-hot lawyer who can be a whizz in a courtroom, then there'd be little hope there, given the way court procedures are handled in Thailand... Even things like demanding a re-test of the DNA and credible verification of the "matching" samples that would play so well in the west, doesn't meet with much success, unless the lawyer is representing people with some really serious clout... you are talking about taking on a military government that wants nothing more than this whole thing to just go away. You'd have to be the lawyer equivalent of Godzilla to win this one. And nobody with that sort of power is going to stick their necks out on some matter of "principle" for illegal Burmese workers. He'd be seen as some sort of traitor, given that the Burmese trashed Ayutthaya, while the Siamese, innocent as lambs, stood helplessly by, watching the destruction as they were beheaded by their evil neighbours.

It's a nice thought though.

Anybody here that lives on koh Tao?

Give us the word.....it's a very small island.....everyone knows what happened.

We have friends down there and from the begining they said there was a foreigner and Thai's involved. The story go like this. Mr. A is bi sexual and have friend Mr. B which is gay. They come for a romantic holiday but mr. A meets girl C and fall in love. Mr. B is very angry and hire mr. D and E to do help him kill A and C. Maybe it explains only two semen samples, maybe it explains the extreme violence of the crime and maybe it explains the fair hair that was reported to have been in the girls hand (which has now been swept under the carpet called Thai justice). But thats the rumor true or not.

Absolute rubbish. All of that nonsense was excluded long ago. Chris Ware is not gay and David was heterosexual. David and Hannah had never even met before that evening. This ludicrous scenario is straight out of those dreadful TV soaps the Thais can't get enough of. Which in itself points a finger as to how it was dreamed up when the 'law' thought they'd just do their usual careless cover up.

laugh if 2 innocent people get punished?

yea its a big laugh

like to see you laughing if you were one of them

I will laugh so hard if its a set up. I hope it isn't.

Keep your shirt on. If its proven its a set up then they will be proven innocent.

And all the police and everyone involved that have fabricated the evidence and demanded the police to get results fast, should be charged and the book thrown at them. I would then like to see the Burmese get compensation, but little chance of that.

Edited by aussiebrian

i posted (Warned) 2 days before it was announced that they were set to place arrest,

WATCH OUT FOR THE BURMESE SCAPEGOATS !!!!

anyone remember my post?

this sickens me for the poor grieving families,

Next week on lakorn koh tao, bosses son gives dna and is cleared ;)

Regardless if the Thai authorities are claiming that the alleged murder's DNA matches, there will be a secondary test and complete autopsy done by the British authorities. This important confirmation will clear-up any misconceptions relating to the questionable "patsy theory".

And this info you got from exactly where?

I thought I read that there was going to be, or has been, a formal inquisition and Interpol DVI protocol proceedure done on the victims. Besides, don't you think the families will proceed with an independant investigation and or DNA inquiry? Dont be such a tool!

I asked you a simple question, seaseducer, since you made a statement that sounded like the secondary DVI investigation was already scheduled as a matter of fact. Now you tell me "you thought you read it somewhere"... that makes you a fool, yes, but me a "tool"? Tool for what? Perhaps a tool for exposing the weaknesses of a newbie who posts guesswork disguised as facts!?

With the murder scene, evidence and all completely messed up and compromised, it is questionable if a foreign forensics and CSI team will be able to figure out the truth. The families are grieve-stricken and in cases as brutal as this one, families of victims often opt for an easy way out to find closure, what means: Believing the official story and being happy that someone, anyone, pays for the crime...

Everything the thai police have done in the case has been on video the only time ive read online or seen that hasn't allowed reporters is when they held 1 suspect in a safe house (win) This is apparently when he admitted to murdering the suspects, before it was made public ....reports are some police had already leaked out the news story, to reporters (probably for money) even though the police denied it.

post-221731-0-17002000-1412406387_thumb.

Anyway the point are trying to make is, in regards to the phone situation if they claim the phone was found in the bushes behind his house they should have this on film. if they dont have it on film id like to know why? considering everything else has been filmed.

This is one of the raids if you go to 1.20 on this video you will know what im on about.

laugh if 2 innocent people get punished?

yea its a big laugh

like to see you laughing if you were one of them

I will laugh so hard if its a set up. I hope it isn't.

Keep your shirt on. If its proven its a set up then they will be proven innocent.

And all the police that have fabricated the evidence should be charged and the book thrown at them.

So here we have another genius that is saying this is all cut and dry, there can be no doubts about it?

Please state your case in detail? Give your analysis as to how the police fabricated the evidence? Or is this just another load of hot air blowing in the wind?

There's also a funny photo on facebook showing the suspects pointing in one direction and the police pointing in the other.. wrong way guys

There is another photo where the person impersonating David is being hit with the plastic thingy with his head pointing upwards exposing the right (wrong) side of his head (wrong unless the photo was mirrored), receiving the kill blow from the wrong side and possibly a wrong angle too. This whole case is so full of errors that even a complete imbecile can see that something is terribly wrong here.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

"She said the pursuance of the case by the British embassy and its lawyer has inevitably turned a pressure on the Thai police that could jeopardize confidence in the countrys justice system."

I agreed with her concerns and saw good points in her arguments right up until that last bit of nationalistic chauvinism.

Except that most Thais I know have no confidence in the country's justice system.

So they must be chauvinist as well.

thumbsup.gif

The odds that they are innocent and scape-goats is very high.

Its most likely , they will be murdered shortly and deemed to have attempted escape , or killed by patriot's inside Jail.

Trial is perilous , too dangerous, with risks of the truth coming out.

Their evidence might contradict authorities.

On questioning confess they witnessed police axe hands & limbs off other prisoners in front of them or whatever terrible things they witnessed to confess at some house of horrors.

Most likely on less suitable migrant workers .

Even names changed in police reports .

Who else were in this house?

World media could see massive loss of Thai face.

So Thais will most certainly , "get rid of them" Their confessions already video taped .

Its" Lock stock and Barrel - Done and dusted" - "business as usual - promotion time."

"Buy one drink - get one free- Hula dancers - fire walkers - and Car - Ching $$$$$$$$"

High Season - Smooth as silk- Thainess

I think it's clear this about meeting high season at ""all costs""

It was a horrendous crime... But we don't need scapegoats.

The Burmese may be guilty, but that must be proven without any doubt.

May justice prevail in a civil society.

RIP Hannah and David

that's the whole problem. There will not be a trial with extensive investigation as they have all confessed. They do not need to prove it anymore or provide NDA results to the public. Absolutely nothing is needed,, just a courtroom, a judge and the sentence.

I find it unbelievable how many people actually do confess to serious crimes here knowing the penalties are so severe. Maybe that is because once they have you in their grip you know you have little chance even if you are innocent so you confess and hope it lessens the sentence,,, but i really don't know.

These 3 men will be made an examples of for sure so it would have been better for them to take their chances in court. I am not defending them of course, if they are guilty then they need to face justice for this terrible crime. I, like many others think that this stinks and there is something not right.

• Like 1

Today in a Thai newspaper (maybe in Bangkok) on the front page the General / Prime minister is reported to say in response to the suggestion the Burmese may be scapegoats:

"I have checked thoroughly whether the two suspects are the real culprits. The police have confirmed there is no way they could be scapegoats. Police have proof from DNA recovered from the body of one victim."

(there is more - much more)

1. Why is Gen. Prayut interfering in this at all. It is nothing to do with him and outside his brief

2. There is no way after these comments have been made that the accused can now possibly have fair trial

The case is now hopelessly compromised.

• Like 1

This morning I read about the friends to the arrested was tortured by Thai police six days ago, it was claimed today.

We are not allowed to link to the page but seach for this on

Search for

BOILING WATER AND BEATINGS - CLAIM FRIENDS OF BURMESE ON MURDER AND RAPE CHARGES

Boiling water and beatings, try this:

http://twitter.com/pakhead

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

Who said that the phone found in the bushes was the girl's phone?

All articles seems to say "phone of the victim", and BangkokPost clearly say

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

So? Why not the guy's phone?

Why not David's phone? Here's why;

Pol Gen Somyot said today that investigators found Hannah Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters last night.

You can read this for yourself in the article that's published in a major Bangkok online newspaper right now if you like (funnily enough, it's the one you referred to)

Since the police want us to have faith in their investigation, I'll believe what he said!

If you want the exact article, message me and I'll provide it.

Edited by Tazwa
  • Like 2

What has made me confused is the phone. They found it behind the Minmar guys house didn't they?

Well the phone looks like the one given to police by her friend the day of the murder. How was it found again??

post-208485-0-39499800-1412408288_thumb.

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1