Another Snake Photo

richard10365

I found this little guy by my mailbox. Does anyone know what kind of snake this is?

post-19457-1153576676.jpg

Richard,

I’m fairly certain that it is a Golden tree Snake which is non venomous, I have had some of these little fellows living in my roof for over a year now and we all get along fine.

Check out this web page that I found to confirm the likeness. http://wildthailandphotos.com/golden.tree.snake.htm

I think I'd have a heart attack if I'd find a snake (no matter how little) anywhere near the place I'm living. I love animals, but reptiles and especially snakes are something I really hate and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd sh1t my pants immediatly.

I think I'd have a heart attack if I'd find a snake (no matter how little) anywhere near the place I'm living. I love animals, but reptiles and especially snakes are something I really hate and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd sh1t my pants immediatly.

Here is a piece I came across the other day.

There are two types of phobias, one is based on instincts and the other is a perceived fear like the fear of flying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060721/sc_...onscientistsays

That snake is pretty small. Even if it were venomous, I doubt its teeth would be large/long enough to go through the skin if it bit you. Non-venomous snakes generally have a spoon shaped head with the nose area curving gently whereas venomous snakes tend to have a triangular shaped head. Cute little snake by the way :o

That snake is pretty small. Even if it were venomous, I doubt its teeth would be large/long enough to go through the skin if it bit you. Non-venomous snakes generally have a spoon shaped head with the nose area curving gently whereas venomous snakes tend to have a triangular shaped head. Cute little snake by the way :D

I was 100% sure it wouldn't bite me before I picked it up :o

I’ve found this site http://www.toxinology.com/ very good for detailed information on snakes and other nasties from all around the world.

It’s very comprehensive. You don’t need to subscribe to view the information.

Once the page opens, click on snakes, scorpions etc then search for the area you want.

The results appear as lists. Click on the name of the snake, spider etc and a page opens showing the details including photos if available.

Happy reading. :o

The snake above is commonly known in the trade as an Ornate Flying Snake or Paradise Flying Snake. They are rear-fanged ie they have grooved teeth in nthe rear of the mouth that drip venom rather than 'inject' it. Relatively safe to handle as they need to chew for the venom to act. Various reactions have occured although death is highly unlikely - a black arm is not! Check out my site: www.viperandvine.com

That snake is pretty small. Even if it were venomous, I doubt its teeth would be large/long enough to go through the skin if it bit you. Non-venomous snakes generally have a spoon shaped head with the nose area curving gently whereas venomous snakes tend to have a triangular shaped head. Cute little snake by the way :o

I don't think I'l be going snake-watching with you!

We live in what I would consider to be the middle of Bangkok, just west of Pin Klao on Charang Sanitwong road but the characteristics of our house means that we get a lot of unexpected wildlife for Bangkok, this morning my TGF woke me up to tell me there was a snake in the 'garden', now what she means by a garden is actually an old disused coconut plantation which is about 3 rai in size, like I said right in the middle of Bangkok - we're so lucky, we don't need to move to the boonies to get away from it all :D

Anyway, I thought I'd check this snake out as I do like to photograph them so I got up, grabbed my camera and there it was, this 1 metre long green pointed head snake, our neighbours think a bite from this will swell up your arm to double its normal size, is that true? Does anybody know the facts??

This poor snake actually had a big red ant hanging off the right side of its head but I wasn't about to liberate it :o

green_snake.jpg

We live in what I would consider to be the middle of Bangkok, just west of Pin Klao on Charang Sanitwong road but the characteristics of our house means that we get a lot of unexpected wildlife for Bangkok, this morning my TGF woke me up to tell me there was a snake in the 'garden', now what she means by a garden is actually an old disused coconut plantation which is about 3 rai in size, like I said right in the middle of Bangkok - we're so lucky, we don't need to move to the boonies to get away from it all :D

Anyway, I thought I'd check this snake out as I do like to photograph them so I got up, grabbed my camera and there it was, this 1 metre long green pointed head snake, our neighbours think a bite from this will swell up your arm to double its normal size, is that true? Does anybody know the facts??

This poor snake actually had a big red ant hanging off the right side of its head but I wasn't about to liberate it :o

green_snake.jpg

nice pic! you can buy those at Chatuchak for about 200 baht!

not dangerous at all ... an insect eater

Edited by jdinasia

You're joking!?

Why do the locals insist the the non-venomous snakes are venomous and the venomous snakes are non-venomous?? They insisted that if this snake bit you your arm would swell up...

There was another snake here a few weeks ago, about as thick as your forearm but only about a metre long, sound dangerous? It does to me! the locals told us that it was a chicken eater, any ideas without any photos?