Counseling Chiang Mai

rhinoboy

I wonder if any one has had any effective results, (non Medication) with one to one counseling in Chiang Mai. I have contacted Cornerstone but here is their response after I said I am not Christian. Any comments would be appreciated and about the English level also. Thanks

Our mission statement as a Thai foundation is: CCF primarily serves Christian workers throughout Asia as well as the people of Thailand. We provide confidential and professional counseling, consultation, and training from a Christian perspective for individuals, marriages, families, teams, and organizations. Unfortunately, we have more referrals for counseling than we are able to serve, so we do the best we can to determine and accept those clients whom we sense we can most effectively treat.

The CCF clinicians regret that they cannot serve you at this time. If you like, CCF may be able to give you some suggestions of other English speaking Thai psychiatrists in the area. Please advise.

Try this place http://www.thecabinchiangmai.com/our_team

Tough it is a residential substance abuse program, might be possible to arrange outpatient counselling with them. Suggest asking the head Counsellor.

Or this place, which definitely does provide outpatient counseling http://chiangmaiaddictionfoundation.com/treatments/intensive-outpatient-program/

Thanks for the replies. I see some of the people that have answered did not read the post fully, as Cornerstone rejected my request. See the last sentence. Also AA or any 12 step anything, is not what I am after, as I did not mention alcohol or drug addiction in the initial post, but that seems to be taken for granted? Thanks, and I do appreciate the pointers towards the western counselors as I don't think the Asian's would get it. I have no desire to be put on any crazy med's.

I will post later with an answer, if I am able to secure personal one on one counseling.

Thanks for the replies. I see some of the people that have answered did not read the post fully, as Cornerstone rejected my request. See the last sentence. Also AA or any 12 step anything, is not what I am after, as I did not mention alcohol or drug addiction in the initial post, but that seems to be taken for granted? Thanks, and I do appreciate the pointers towards the western counselors as I don't think the Asian's would get it. I have no desire to be put on any crazy med's.

I will post later with an answer, if I am able to secure personal one on one counseling.

You asked:

"Any comments would be appreciated and about the English level also".

I replied:

Staff at Cornerstone are mostly Westerners (Americans),

You do know that you're posting in the "I drink too much" forum, don't you? If you post here, most people are going to presume you have a problem with drugs or alcohol.

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. Thanks

Moving it therefore to the Health Forum.

Unfortunately while there are several Western counsellors in Bangkok (see pinned mental health resource thread in this forum) the only ones I know of in CM are with Cornerstone or one of the rehab places.

No harm in contacting the Cabin etc to see if you can arrange counselling with one of their counsellors even though not a substance issue.

Failing that you may have to look at coming to Bangkok say once ro twice a month - that's where the farang counsellors largely are.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. Thanks

Moving it therefore to the Health Forum.

Unfortunately while there are several Western counsellors in Bangkok (see pinned mental health resource thread in this forum) the only ones I know of in CM are with Cornerstone or one of the rehab places.

No harm in contacting the Cabin etc to see if you can arrange counselling with one of their counsellors even though not a substance issue.

Failing that you may have to look at coming to Bangkok say once ro twice a month - that's where the farang counsellors largely are.

Don't know if this will help. I copied it off the Cabins web site.

At The Cabin we provide a highly progressive and intensive world-class addiction treatment program, including Alcohol Detox and Drug Detox, managed by Western trained and qualified clinicians. The substances our addiction treatment program primarily treats are alcohol and drug addictions. Process addictions such as eating, gambling and sex are also addressed as either primary or co-occurring addictions. Dual Diagnosis, where a client is also suffering from anxiety or depression on top of their addiction, is also very common in addiction treatment and something that is dealt with thoroughly in our addiction treatment program. There is also a strong link between Trauma and Addiction and this is another area The Cabin has particular expertise in. Please see our Success Rates, page for more evidence of this.

• 3 weeks later...