probably the Burmese

stevehaigh

my next door neighbor had a break in last night and he don't speak a word of Thai so me and the wife went over there to help with the police. Anyhow, the police came over, took one look at the place and figured it out immediately, 'probably the Burmese'! maybe they're right actually since there are a lot of Burmese workers up the street and they only took cash, not the expensive laptops and camera, but i just though thought it was funny, the nonchalant way it just rolled off his tongue without even thinking about it.

In our countries this is not politically correct but if there is a violent robbery committed our police COULD say 'probably [nationality censored]' and statistics would give them a 90%+ change their assumptions were correct.

• Like 1

Here's a funny one. A number of years ago my friend had a yacht here and got himself a weapon of some sort for protection. He went to buy bullets but the bibs wouldn't let him until he said " It would only be for the Burmese pirates" at which point they sold him bullets.

lot of money can be made with illegal immigrant worker, cops are keen to show up at worksites, those know what's good for them will run and hide. employer can be fine up to 40,000thb for each worker without proper document or op for the non-official monthly"pay-lite" scheme, jail and deportation for those caught. another day in paradise.