MBK and Pantip - real savings or no?

SailingHome

I see the Galaxy Tab S 8.4" at Samsung stores for 16,999 (doubt they are really stores owned and operated by samsung, but TiT.) Can I really save by shopping the hours at MBK or Pantip, really get the Thai version, really get the real warantee, etc?

Lazada have got the 8.4 at 15,490 baht plus 15% off if you pay with master card this weekend. A great device, i've got the 10.5 fantastic.

the 10.5 sounds good......would be a nice replacement for my TF700......

wait or buy.....hard decision.....

Lazada have got the 8.4 at 15,490 baht plus 15% off if you pay with master card this weekend. A great device, i've got the 10.5 fantastic.

but it's sold by a 3rd party seller, not Lazada itself.

And since "warranty" is a bad joke in Thailand anyway, I doubt that an unknown seller will improve this.

But if someone orders, please share your experience.

Edited by Turkleton

I see the Lazada ad regarding Mastercard is all in Thai and appears to refer to "Mastercard Prepaid." Any idea if the 15% off applies to use of any Mastercard or just a special/certain Mastercard....kinda like how some promotions only apply "very specific cards." Thanks.

%15 is mastercard prepaid on selected 2000+ items.

ais mpay, true money works.

or wait monday and 10% on mastercard again in selected 3000+ items.

But, why buy samsung s 8.4" tablet? It is still too expensive and everyone knows iPad is still much better than all other Android tablets.

• Like 1

%15 is mastercard prepaid on selected 2000+ items.

ais mpay, true money works.

or wait monday and 10% on mastercard again in selected 3000+ items.

But, why buy samsung s 8.4" tablet? It is still too expensive and everyone knows iPad is still much better than all other Android tablets.

Some people just don't like using Apple! And some don't like Samsung either. That's the people of the world for ya!

I've purchased a number of devices from Lazada.com including one 3rd party device that turned not to have the specs claimed by the seller. Lazada allowed me to return the device to them and issued me a credit, no problem. It does need to be done within two weeks of delivery.

I would buy from a legit Samsung dealer and pay a bit more. I have had excellent experiences with Samsung honoring their warranties when I show up with the real product which was correctly registered at time of purchase.

Edited by bud7
  • Like 1

I would buy from a legit Samsung dealer and pay a bit more. I have had excellent experiences with Samsung honoring their warranties when I show up with the real product which was correctly registered at time of purchase.

How do you determine that here in thailand? Many shops in mbk, pantip and tukom claim to be Samsung dealers. Should we have reason to believe they're not.

2 of my Samsung led monitors were flickerng after i purchased them in tukom 3 years ago. Took them to samsung on sukhumvit in pattaya and they fixed them no charge. I didn't have any paperwork after all this time.

Edited by yankee99

And if you actually manage to get anything ordered and delivered correctly from Lazada please post and let us all know as they are absolutely terrible in my experience. (i.e. They advertise some pretty cheap prices but after you order you may find that after about 4 days after ordering they will cancel your order and tell you the items are out of stock) Absolutely useless.

• Like 1

That is awesome! Yet seems too good to be true. Is it from another country and has different frequencies or the slower processors? Is it the Thai model so that the warantee will be honored if I need to take it in to the shop?

I took my Samsung tablet to the official Samsung service center in Fortune Town twice because I had screwed it up trying to flash a new ROM onto it.

Both times they fixed it for free within about 2 hours. The tablet was purchased in Hong Kong and I was never asked for a warranty.

Nowadays warranties tend to be international and they know from the model and serial numbers whether the device is still under warranty.

I would not however buy anything from MBK. I was there a few days ago and looked at a fake Samsung Note 3 (phone). It was priced at 4900 THB whereas a supposedly real one was about 18,000 THB.

I'm a techie and could not see any cosmetic or obvious operational difference between the 4900 baht fake and the 18,000 baht real one.... which made me wonder if the real one was actually real or if it too was a fake.

If you want to buy a real Samsung (or any other brand) phone or tablet, then make sure you are buying it in a genuine store, not in MBK.

And if you actually manage to get anything ordered and delivered correctly from Lazada please post and let us all know as they are absolutely terrible in my experience. (i.e. They advertise some pretty cheap prices but after you order you may find that after about 4 days after ordering they will cancel your order and tell you the items are out of stock) Absolutely useless.
My experience is the opposite ordered on the sep 29 received on oct 3. Paid on delivery with email updates and tracking daily. The price was lower then anywhere else that i could find.

Lazada Thailand Unsubscribe

Oct 4 (2 days ago)

to me

Thai

English Translate message

Turn off for: Thai

header-logo ชำระเงินปลายทาง ชำระเงินปลายทาง จัดส่งทั่วประเทศ * จัดส่งทั่วประเทศ * รับประกันสินค้า รับประกันสินค้า

(Scroll down for English version)

สินค้าของคุณจากคำสั่งซื้อหมายเลข 309588176 ได้รับการจัดส่งเรียบร้อยแล้ว

สวัสดี คุณ mxxx gxxx

เราได้รับการอัพเดทข้อมูลว่าสินค้าของคุณตามรายการดังต่อไปนี้ จากหมายเลขคำสั่งซื้อ 309588176 ได้ถูกจัดส่งเรียบร้อยแล้ว

หากคุณยังไม่ได้รับสินค้าด้วยเหตุผลใดๆ กรุณาติดต่อเราโดยเร็วที่ webform เพื่อทางเราจะได้ทำการช่วยเหลือคุณได้ทันที

เราได้แนบรายละเอียดจากคำสั่งซื้อของคุณดังนี้

สั่งซื้อเมื่อวันที่ 2014-09-29 11:42:34

คำสั่งซื้อหมายเลข 309588176

ชื่อสินค้า รหัสสินค้า จำนวนสินค้า

Minix Neo X8-H (Free Air Mouse M1)

MI203ELAIOOPANTH-879511

* สำหรับรายละเอียดค่าธรรมเนียมและราคารวมของสินค้า กรุณาตรวจสอบจากอีเมลการยืนยันคำสั่งซื้อ

หากคุณทำการสั่งซื้อจากหลายร้านค้า สินค้าของคุณอาจแยกการจัดส่งโดยขนส่งต่างรายกัน โดยไม่มีค่าจัดส่งเพิ่มเติมแต่อย่างใด หากยังมีสินค้าบางรายการในคำสั่งซื้อของคุณที่อยู่ระหว่างรอการจัดส่ง โปรดรอการจัดส่งสินค้า ตามระยะเวลาที่แจ้งให้คุณทราบจากอีเมลล่าสุดของเรา

ขอขอบคุณที่คุณเลือกใช้บริการกับลาซาด้า จุดหมายของการช้อปปิ้งสินค้าออนไลน์ เราหวังว่าคุณจะมีช่วงเวลาที่ดีจากการช้อปปิ้งสินค้ากับเราและมีความสุขกับการใช้สินค้าชิ้นใหม่ของคุณ

กรณีที่คุณต้องการคืนสินค้า กรุณาตรวจสอบขั้นตอนโดยละเอียดได้จาก How to Return.

เชิญเข้าเยี่ยมชม คำถามที่พบบ่อย สำหรับข้อมูลวิธีการใช้บริการ คำตอบในข้อสงสัยต่างๆ หรือหากคุณต้องการติดต่อสอบถามเราเพิ่มเติม สามารถส่งข้อสอบถามดังกล่าวมายัง ติดต่อเรา ได้เลย

ขอขอบคุณสำหรับการช้อปปิ้งออนไลน์กับลาซาด้า

Lazada Team

Your item(s) from order 309588176 has been delivered

Dear mxxx gxxxxx ,

We have received updates from our system that your item(s) listed below from order 309588176 has been successfully delivered.

If for any reasons you haven't received it yet, please contact us right away by webform so we can assist you promptly.

We have included your order details as follow:

Ordered at: 2014-09-29 11:42:34

Order number: 309588176

Product Name Item Number Quantity

Minix Neo X8-H (Free Air Mouse M1)

MI203ELAIOOPANTH-879511"

Warranty & manufacturer service in Thailand. An interesting twist. MBK dealer great. Samsung Service Center at MBK dreadful.

I bought a SS Galaxy S3 for her-indoors (yes, they still make them and in new colours now) from a small shop in MBK & it would not take or hold a full charge. We were assured that it had full Samsung warranty when we bought it, so I took, it back early one Monday but no-one at the shop. The guy in the next shop rang the staff at the next shop at his expense (no connection. I asked). The lady who made the sale told me "As I am not here yet, take it up to Samsung service Center in MBK. It has full Thai & international warranty." The reception lady at Samsung Service Center took one look and with no further comment said "It is out of warranty." I said "No, it is new stock in new colour and I bought it 5 weeks ago. Here is the sales receipt. Much talking out back & then told "It is not on a computer printed tax invoice so we will not warrantee it." I was fairly blunt with her so she offered to try & fix it or check the battery. I do not know what they did but I saw her putting a new battery in it so I went and had a coffee & came back. It was up to nearly 90% so I said thank you politely & went away assuming I had a new battery. She was trying real hard to sell me what I thought was a second battery but I said "no, one working new battery is fine thanks."

Sky train back to hotel. Open box. Down to 20% charge. Back on sky train to MBK again. Back to SS Service Center. Reception lady says No warranty on that battery, only the phone with that sales receipt. That is why I try to sell you new battery. So I go back down to the sales shop. They were furious. I could hardly keep up with the girl as she ran upstairs to Samsung Service Centre. Miss reception at SS SC stuck to her guns and sparks flew. Eventually my girl gave up, spitting blood & said, "Come with me. We will fix, replace the battery or the phone please give us 40 mins. Have another coffee somewhere." Which I did. They had reloaded the Android operating system in case there was a bad instruction and tested the battery in another phone. The battery was dud, as we all expected. They charged the battery apologised profusely and explained that many of the shops at MBK buy through one of 2 or 3 MBK based wholesale dealers dealers from Samsung Thailand to get the best bulk wholesale price. She said the warranty was genuine. Samsung were obliged to honour the warranty but she would get her battery back from the bulk dealer who would take it up with Samsung Head Office Thailand. Very sorry you were messed around Sir. Our apologies. The shop was N-Joy Zone E: stall AC17, 4th floor I think. Sales girl was Pla (Fish). I at least had honest and genuine help with my problem and a really sharp price on the phone & accessories. I recommend her & them. Now your post has reminded me, I am going to send my complaint to Samsung Korea tonight. Got busy 2 weeks ago when it all happened & forgot, temporarilly.

Warranty & manufacturer service in Thailand. An interesting twist. MBK dealer great. Samsung Service Center at MBK dreadful.

I bought a SS Galaxy S3 for her-indoors (yes, they still make them and in new colours now) from a small shop in MBK & it would not take or hold a full charge. We were assured that it had full Samsung warranty when we bought it, so I took, it back early one Monday but no-one at the shop. The guy in the next shop rang the staff at the next shop at his expense (no connection. I asked). The lady who made the sale told me "As I am not here yet, take it up to Samsung service Center in MBK. It has full Thai & international warranty." The reception lady at Samsung Service Center took one look and with no further comment said "It is out of warranty." I said "No, it is new stock in new colour and I bought it 5 weeks ago. Here is the sales receipt. Much talking out back & then told "It is not on a computer printed tax invoice so we will not warrantee it." I was fairly blunt with her so she offered to try & fix it or check the battery. I do not know what they did but I saw her putting a new battery in it so I went and had a coffee & came back. It was up to nearly 90% so I said thank you politely & went away assuming I had a new battery. She was trying real hard to sell me what I thought was a second battery but I said "no, one working new battery is fine thanks."

Sky train back to hotel. Open box. Down to 20% charge. Back on sky train to MBK again. Back to SS Service Center. Reception lady says No warranty on that battery, only the phone with that sales receipt. That is why I try to sell you new battery. So I go back down to the sales shop. They were furious. I could hardly keep up with the girl as she ran upstairs to Samsung Service Centre. Miss reception at SS SC stuck to her guns and sparks flew. Eventually my girl gave up, spitting blood & said, "Come with me. We will fix, replace the battery or the phone please give us 40 mins. Have another coffee somewhere." Which I did. They had reloaded the Android operating system in case there was a bad instruction and tested the battery in another phone. The battery was dud, as we all expected. They charged the battery apologised profusely and explained that many of the shops at MBK buy through one of 2 or 3 MBK based wholesale dealers dealers from Samsung Thailand to get the best bulk wholesale price. She said the warranty was genuine. Samsung were obliged to honour the warranty but she would get her battery back from the bulk dealer who would take it up with Samsung Head Office Thailand. Very sorry you were messed around Sir. Our apologies. The shop was N-Joy Zone E: stall AC17, 4th floor I think. Sales girl was Pla (Fish). I at least had honest and genuine help with my problem and a really sharp price on the phone & accessories. I recommend her & them. Now your post has reminded me, I am going to send my complaint to Samsung Korea tonight. Got busy 2 weeks ago when it all happened & forgot, temporarilly.

same experienced here, most of the folks at MBK are pretty nice, of course there are also a handful of bad apples.

They do purchase from 2-3 of the wholesalers and resell at MBK, if you can find those wholesalers you can probably get devices for another 1000 baht cheaper. The wholesalers have their own stores and its hard to tell them apart actually, they just look like any other stores in MBK.

A quick scan of various sales outlets indicates a MSRP of 16,900 for the SM T-705, and a range of prices down to 14,100.

In theory you should expect to increase the risk as you move down in sales price.

Risk includes:

grey-market/imported with/without a local Samsung Thai warranty, although the seller may replace/refund within some limited time period (typically a few days at most)

product which "fell off the truck", i.e.stolen in transit.

product which was rejected for scrap at the factory (Vietnam), but then re-worked and leaked into the sales channel.

product which has been sold, returned, refurbed, re-packaged and leaked into the sales channel.

It is really up to the buyer to balance the risk/savings. If you are risk averse then buy from a reputable seller (Samsung, jaymart, TGFone, Powerbuy, etc.) and verify authenticity (bar code, warranty card, power up and check Settings, About device for model number, IMEI, etc.). If you are willing to take a risk then purchase from one of the low-priced sellers.

http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/spec/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-8-4.asp

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=samsung+galaxy+tab+s+8.4

(Note that the SM-T700 is the WiFi-only variant and is not, as far as I know, made available by Samsung/Thailand, so while that variant is available for ~ 13,771 THB, it is imported and wil likely not have a local Samsumg Thailand warranty. IME, most product bought from/via Samsung Thailand will only have warranty service/repair/replacement available in Thailand.

• Like 1

the reason i will stick with android is that all my paid apps just show up on my phone and tablet when i upgrade or replace them, you sort of buy into a system and android and apple have all the apps, nokia/windows and the rest are playing catch up .its not that one is better than the other you pay your money and make your choice.I got a nexus 7 because it was cheap then when i upgraded my phone i got a galaxy s111 cos it was android.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

same experienced here, most of the folks at MBK are pretty nice, of course there are also a handful of bad apples.

They do purchase from 2-3 of the wholesalers and resell at MBK, if you can find those wholesalers you can probably get devices for another 1000 baht cheaper. The wholesalers have their own stores and its hard to tell them apart actually, they just look like any other stores in MBK.

Can you advise who these wholesalers are?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I bought my Galaxy Tab 3-4 years ago, to be honest I don't know the stand number I will need to drop by and have a look. I don't plan on going anytime soon as I don't live close by. Sorry!

I bought my Galaxy Tab 3-4 years ago, to be honest I don't know the stand number I will need to drop by and have a look. I don't plan on going anytime soon as I don't live close by. Sorry!

They wouldnt be much of a wholesaler if they sold retail?

They wouldnt be much of a wholesaler if they sold retail?

They make money both ways, but one thing is that they only have a handful of selections compare to the other stalls where they have everything. Most normal buyers usually walk past these type of stalls as they don't look that good based on the appearance. So they don't do much of the retail business.