diesel fuel

victor70

Use it 90% of the time - haven't noticed a change - or smell.....use Caltex when I can find it.....

1- Have you adopted a spicier diet?

2- Check your muffler/exhaust make sure you haven't snagged a plastic shopping bag that has melted onto it....stinks and can take months and months to burn off....

Check to see if a rat has crawled up the exhaust and died. Common problem with some people ... well they sometimes smell as though one has.

If that is not the problem maybe try a tankful or two of Shell V-Power Nitro ... might clear things out.

Use it 90% of the time - haven't noticed a change - or smell.....use Caltex when I can find it.....

2- Check your muffler/exhaust make sure you haven't snagged a plastic shopping bag that has melted onto it....stinks and can take months and months to burn off....

This is NOT a joke some cars in the moo ban here stinks the same.

All the major Oil Company's put additives in , that's why you get better fuel consumption and performance. more expensive but , more mileage and better for your engine.

Kerosene can be added to diesel to water down so to speak , Kerosene is cheaper and you get charged for diesel, maybe what you can smell is dodgy diesel.

Edited by Thongkorn

Easy there Victor - don't blow a gasket.....#1 was light hearted - #2 is a valid possiblity.....

You haven't answered another posters questions to help people pinpoint your concern.......

I'll add one - is this always from the same station?

As I said before - I use the same brand/mutiple locations and haven't noticed anything.....

Easy there Victor - don't blow a gasket.....#1 was light hearted - #2 is a valid possiblity.....

You haven't answered another posters questions to help people pinpoint your concern.......

I'll add one - is this always from the same station?

As I said before - I use the same brand/mutiple locations and haven't noticed anything.....

PTT pump at Ban Amphur

Your smell is probably hydrogen sulphide produced via the catalytic converter. If the fuel has lots of sulphur in it it will smell. If you get a build up of sulpher in the cat it will smell, if the cat is stuffed it might smell.

Your smell is probably hydrogen sulphide produced via the catalytic converter. If the fuel has lots of sulphur in it it will smell. If you get a build up of sulpher in the cat it will smell, if the cat is stuffed it might smell.

Most Refinery remove sulpher now, apart from trying to show they are green they can sell the sulpher.

Put money on it its Fuel that's been tampered with. Maybe cooking oil that's been added.

Edited by Thongkorn

If vehicle smells of diesel now but didn't before it suggests a fuel leak. Possibly a pump seal or porous leak off pipe.

If it smells of diesel exhaust fumes causing eye and sinus irritation, get the exhaust system checked for leaks.

You can do a basic check yourself: With the engine idling, ball up a large piece of rag and hold it tightly over the tail pipe. (as if you were trying to push it into the tailpipe, but it should be too big to go in) If after a few seconds you can't hold it & the pressure blows it away, the system should be ok, but if there is a leak you will hear it and be able to hold the rag in place indefinitely.