Is there a bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Ko Chang Island

sunoco27

There is also a transit van that leaves every couple of hours from the airport. Costs about 600B (last time I took it just over a year ago now!) The booth is down on the first floor just outside the food court area, right next to the booth for the pattaya bus. Crosses on the ferry, and drops you at your destination. I think this van crosses on the fast ferry, but I could be wrong, I took the van from Victory Monument several times as well.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Came back yesterday from Koh Chang on the Government bus. Went last week on the same bus.

You can get the bus 2 times a day from the airport bus station the first bus, which is the one we took is about 8.00 hours cost is about Baht 350

We do not know the time of the second bus, but you can find the timetable if you search for 999 transport

The bus destination is Trat but it stops at the Koh Chang ferry point first

Coming back departure time is about 14;00 hours but allow almost 2-3 hours to get a taxi/bus plus the ferry crossing, which in our case was delayed due to a storm

Good luck

Just got back from Koh Chang myself. If you are arriving after a long flight to get to Koh Chang is going to be a tall order as it can take up to 7 hours and the boats stop running at 7pm. I would get a bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya (ask the airport information for where to go) around 120 baht, get a cheap hotel for the night and while you are there go to any travel agent and arrange a minibus to the island,around 500-600 baht, most drop off at the ferry and you have to arrange a taxi(Pick up truck with bench seats)on the island to take you to the hotel, about 50 baht, these only leave when full so await of up to 45 mins can happen.I think thats the best way to go.Lovely island Koh Chang my favourite in Thailand.Good luck!

• Like 1

Many buses and Vans from BKK also the shared bus from Swampy, but they stop all over place and do not take the most direct route can take forever. Best hire a car taxi / limo call it what you will fixed price or as said already get the hotel to arrange pickup.

Alternatively get a taxi to Pattaya stay over night and leave the next morning breaks up the journey a bit...

Edited by Dublin