Interesting New Restaurant in Bang Saray

craigt3365

I met the owner of this restaurant a few weeks ago, just before his opening. He sure knows about food. Bakery, meats, cheeses, etc. His new restaurant is now open and from the pics, it looks great!

I use to go to a restaurant near this one, but it closed down several months ago. Nice to have a decent restaurant down "our" way! I'll be there one day this week to check it out and give you a report. In the mean time, here's some information:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canard-Bizar/1550798005151598

canard map.pdf

cold cut flyer.pdf

Daily placemate canard bizar.pdf

It looks interesting indeed. I live in Na Jomtien but think I will drop by in the near future,

Would be great if someone could give us the coordinates on google map .

Just hold on there.

Jingthing should be the one to announce new eateries. I wonder if Bang Saray is too far out for him?

It's off the baht bus route, so out of his area. tongue.png

Just poking fun at you, JT! wai2.gif

Just a quick note, Peter is working on getting his restaurant fully up to speed. Shortly, he'll be serving dinner. I can't wait as he's an amazing cook. He's also got a bakery there. Yum.

I'm not very good with this GPS stuff, but here's a shot! If you head towards Bang Saray, you'll turn right at the light and go under the big welcome sign. Just past the round about (head towards the beach) and right across from the fire station is the restaurant. I also attached a screen shot from Google Earth. It's the green building on the left in the pic. I'd guess parking is across the street?

Bang Sa-re, Sattahip District
Chon Buri, Thailand
12.760869, 100.899899

post-5869-0-20043400-1412470891_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Rimmer and I stopped by today. What a great meal. Apparently, he does a lot of wholesale business to other restaurants. Today, we lucked out and he had a pan of freshly baked Lasagna. And luckily, he made a bit of a mistake and made 600G pieces of Lasagna instead of the ordinary 450G pieces.

We initially planned to eat 1/2 and bring the rest home to our wives, but couldn't stop. It was fantastic. Had some good coffee, bought some of his freshly baked bread and pastries, then back home for a nap!

He says he's coming up with a goulash dish...can't wait. He's already got a few stew dishes. And many different types of meals for breakfast. We'll be back soon!

Nice not to have to go into Pattaya to get some good food.

• Like 1

I think they are open from about 7:30am till 4 or 5 pm. Within the next week or two, he'll be open for dinner. He's doing this the right way. Starting out slowly, training the staff, working out the bugs, and going from there.

He's been in the food business a long time. Great fun to talk with regarding good food and cooking! He's also starting to make pea soup, pumpkin and strawberry jam, spaghetti, sausages, etc.

Rimmer and I stopped by today. What a great meal. Apparently, he does a lot of wholesale business to other restaurants. Today, we lucked out and he had a pan of freshly baked Lasagna. And luckily, he made a bit of a mistake and made 600G pieces of Lasagna instead of the ordinary 450G pieces.

We initially planned to eat 1/2 and bring the rest home to our wives, but couldn't stop. It was fantastic. Had some good coffee, bought some of his freshly baked bread and pastries, then back home for a nap!

He says he's coming up with a goulash dish...can't wait. He's already got a few stew dishes. And many different types of meals for breakfast. We'll be back soon!

Nice not to have to go into Pattaya to get some good food.

I must have missed you by a couple of minutes. Also got the lasagna and yes, it was good indeed.

Guess what's on the menu tomorrow at the Fast Food Heaven :D

• Like 1

Travelled out there today, wish I hadn't bothered! Couldn't find it at first ( left the IPad at home) finally found it, two nondescript shophouses knocked into one, food was mediocre to say the least, eggs re-cooked and burnt, coffee not nice the rest was not up to much so will not be returning. Far better options in Jomtien.

Travelled out there today, wish I hadn't bothered! Couldn't find it at first ( left the IPad at home) finally found it, two nondescript shophouses knocked into one, food was mediocre to say the least, eggs re-cooked and burnt, coffee not nice the rest was not up to much so will not be returning. Far better options in Jomtien.

Come back and have a coffee / breakfast at The Corner Bar, bang Saray. If you don't enjoy it u can have it free!

Wow...are you sure you were at the same restaurant? I know the machine he uses to make coffee and it's a high end Italian one with coffee specially made for it. I'll let the owner know, but can't believe his staff would re-cook eggs. He's quite strict about this.

But, I have to say, I wouldn't drive all the way down there just for a meal. But, if you are in the area, it's worth a stop in. IMHO. It's a new business and he's still waiting for licensing before he can do major work to the restaurant. When I was there, a team of 3 from the local licensing office came in and measured everything. But even as it is, it's OK. It's not Cafe des Amis, but it's OK.

Again, I'll check with the owner to see what's going on.

Trust me I'm sure, not only do I eat out at least twice a week but I am also considered a good cook and I can tell an over cooked ( burnt) egg easily! I doubt I will venture out that way again but who knows we are always looking for good restaurants (new) to try.

• Like 1

We went there today, I had a sandwich, the bread was very nice and my wife had spaghetti with salmon also very nice.

I also talked to the owner, he seems to be a very nice descent guy and the waiters very polite too, I think one of them was his wife.

We will be back when we are in the area.

The prices are very fair too.

• 3 months later...

Hello, is he still open ?

The map is incorrect on his FB and his website is closed !

FB page was updated a few days ago which suggest he is still open. send him a message via FB to ask about the map.

Alternatively call the phone number on the FB page. 096 068 0008

Edited by Don Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is he still open ?

The map is incorrect on his FB and his website is closed !

Can confirm the place is still alive and kicking. Went for the second time this evening.

1,000 baht for three 3 course meals (main courses, Duck fillet, Pork steak, and Rib-eye.) and a carafe of French Red. Outstanding value! Also a free Chang with every meal.

He is setting up a new website and I let him know about the FB map.

Glad you all seem to like it. Base on positive reviews I went there and have to say, I was not really that impressed. The bakery nearby beats it in every category.

If you mean his former business around the corner, yes that is very good as well.....Not seen the bakery offering 3 courses for 200bt as yet though! Maybe that'll be coming soon?

• 3 weeks later...

A group of us ate there last night. For 200B, it's a fantastic deal. All were very happy with their meals. I attached a copy of his specials menu. If you are in the area, worth a visit, IMHO. The starter soup was homemade carrot soup. It was fantastic.

post-5869-0-30687300-1425698523_thumb.jp