Army Koh Phangan checks Beaches

It's a hearsay from a few days already. Some kind of big Phangan families feud about a construction delivery pier in a scenic area and protests from local people. Area Haad Yao-Srithanu. Somebody call the army to control illegal bungalows on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Went past it last week on my boat and there were two coasters moored up there.

The area is directly beneath the dreadful and probably illegal development of the new "airport".

I think that this is the way that the construction material for the "airport" is being transported in.

I fervently hope that the Authorities are taking a close look at this development.

Just surprised that there is so little outcry from the residents of Haad Yao and K.P. in general.But I guess that there are powerful forces at work here. I cannot for the life of me understand how this development came to pass.

I've said it before, it's in the wrong place, it's dangerous, and it will further ruin one of the most beautiful spots on K.P.

Hope the military get involved!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's a hearsay from a few days already. Some kind of big Phangan families feud about a construction delivery pier in a scenic area and protests from local people. Area Haad Yao-Srithanu. Somebody call the army to control illegal bungalows on the beach.

The area is directly beneath the dreadful and probably illegal development of the new "airport".

I think that this is the way that the construction material for the "airport" is being transported in.

I fervently hope that the Authorities are taking a close look at this development.

Just surprised that there is so little outcry from the residents of Haad Yao and K.P. in general.But I guess that there are powerful forces at work here. I cannot for the life of me understand how this development came to pass.

I've said it before, it's in the wrong place, it's dangerous, and it will further ruin one of the most beautiful spots on K.P.

I think you have the wrong area Gatorade.

Angiud is talking about Haad Yao West - Srithanu area, the airport is being built between Haad Yao East and Than Sadet, which is on the opposite side of the island. I know that the original plans for the airport showed a pier being built below it but I didn't see anything last time I flew over. As far as I know everything has been going in by road (which isn't much as there was no concrete at the airport site in mid-September) (that and the runway is about 200 metres above sea level and 200 metres inland you wouldn't be able to haul much up that hill at a time).

It is a bit confusing with there being beaches with the same names on opposite sides of the island.

Angiud is talking about Haad Yao West - Srithanu area, the airport is being built between Haad Yao East and Than Sadet, which is on the opposite side of the island. I know that the original plans for the airport showed a pier being built below it but I didn't see anything last time I flew over. As far as I know everything has been going in by road (which isn't much as there was no concrete at the airport site in mid-September) (that and the runway is about 200 metres above sea level and 200 metres inland you wouldn't be able to haul much up that hill at a time).

It is a bit confusing with there being beaches with the same names on opposite sides of the island.

Yes you are right I was confusing the two.

Nevertheless my comments regarding the ludicrous siting of the new so-called "airport" still stand.

I go past there quite a lot in my boat and I don't think that it is entirely coincidental that there are largish coasters moored up beneath the

desecrated area.

I can't think why else they would moor up there and they have only arrived there since the development started.

Next time i go over there I will take some pics.