Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

Bear in mind these two boys are under five feet and half David's size, it seems improbable to any reasonable person that they committed both of the murders.

Where in the world did you get they were under five feet and even if they were 4 feet are you suggesting David was 8 feet?

Did you miss the fact they attacked him from behind and had weapon(s).

Do you have any vested interest in Tourism here in Thiland? For the second time of asking.

Have you seen the re-enactment scene or were you there? It is clear that the boys (who are dwarfed by the RTP) were directed throughout by them, which is against Thai police procedure. There are reports that a hoe and a blunt instrument were used. How do you explain the deep cuts on David's person?

The scenario you are trying to support is flawed, as has been discussed at length on at least two forums, and this view is supported by the head of a national NGO who also suspects the Burmese are innocent.

More likely is the McAnna version that there were several persons on the beach, two of whom were Thai (the ones who threatened him a week later, as confirmed by the 7-eleven staff). For whatever reason, loss of face, revenge etc, an attack began on him and the victims. He escaped with two witnesses confirming he was covered in blood, one of whom cleaned him up.

Of course I could be wrong, as could you. Like yourself, I'm hoping justice will prevail for the family of Hannah and David.

You want to claim that a hoe doesn't make deep cuts on ones body ?

• Like 1

Bear in mind these two boys are under five feet and half David's size, it seems improbable to any reasonable person that they committed both of the murders.

Where in the world did you get they were under five feet and even if they were 4 feet are you suggesting David was 8 feet?

Do you have any vested interest in Tourism here in Thiland? For the second time of asking.

Have you seen the re-enactment scene or were you there? It is clear that the boys (who are dwarfed by the RTP) were directed throughout by them, which is against Thai police procedure. There are reports that a hoe and a blunt instrument were used. How do you explain the deep cuts on David's person?

The scenario you are trying to support is flawed, as has been discussed at length on at least two forums, and this view is supported by the head of a national NGO who also suspects the Burmese are innocent.

More likely is the McAnna version that there were several persons on the beach, two of whom were Thai (the ones who threatened him a week later, as confirmed by the 7-eleven staff). For whatever reason, loss of face, revenge etc, an attack began on him and the victims. He escaped with two witnesses confirming he was covered in blood, one of whom cleaned him up.

Of course I could be wrong, as could you. Like yourself, I'm hoping justice will prevail for the family of Hannah and David.

So, you just made up they were under 5 feet. These are the kinds of statements people latch onto as fact to add to their conspiracy theories.

Actually the police said from the get go the phone belonged to one of the victims. Never said Hannah's especially not the same one they openly showed the collected on the first day.

not true
100% True --- people only speculated it was Hannah's they were talking about and the further speculated they were trying to say it was the same phone police displayed and collected in the first days. I have been reminding people since the whole facebook forensic folks started this that the police NEVER said it was her phone.

The statement police issued first was #Witheridges# phone was found near near the suspects home.

Look for the link yourself, ylou seem to be enjoyiong your xenophobic rants.

Not going to look up what doesn't exist.

Amazing that some of the evidence and forensic experts here are having difficulty navigating a simple online petition page.

Not really, they have drained the batteries in their brains in trying to find ways to clear the 'Burma 3'!!!clap2.gif

• Like 1

I'd pay money to know that the correct men are being held. Tell me where to donate and I'll put in money for an independent (not RTP chosen) DNA test to be done. ONLY on the condition that the AC bar family are also sampled at the same time...."to clear their names".

If you were really serious about your donation claims, you could have googled Andy Hall donations.

But I notice that you place conditions already.

Now a quick suggestion, if you add the condition that the outcome of the DNA test has to be to your likes, you can be sure that your donation will not be accepted.

Absolutely not. I would prefer it if you asked my opinion before guessing. How do you know how I'd react? I'd be the first to apologise to the RTP if it came back in support of their version of events.

Edited by draftvader

Anyone who believes the Thai police is EXTREMELY stupid. "Oh, the DNA evidence, it mathces!!", they cry.

That's BS. Has ANYONE actually seen the DNA tests? Of course not, all we have is a statement from the Thai cops we're meant to believe that says there's a match. They probably didn't even bother to test it. Why would they?

And these lawyers, they won't be allowed proper access. The accused will be given some 'appointed' lawyer who will probably be paid not to ask too many questions.

So you don't think that the defence team will ask to be shown the DNA evidence and believe their word on this!!!

Yeh right!!

What defence team? You mean the corrupt one that's foisted upon the two defendants, that are being paid to not do their jobs properly?

It doesn't matter who the defence team is or where it comes from - I think that this is quite relevant to the case and might just come out in the court.

Anyway, all you knights in shining armour are going to pay for a top notch defence for these 2 framed boys, aren't you??

All of you that have donated 'to the cause' might look a little foolish if there is unquestionable evidence that they did it.

For me, if they are proven to be guilty, based on 3rd party certified lab. retesting of DNA then all well and good and guilty it is - no need to look foolish - however, currently as it stands it is foolish to believe anything being said by the authorities as there is absolutely no credibility, this is simply based on the fumbling and normal cocking around by a completely ineffective police investigation. Just look back over the years at most of the major crimes reported, if connected they walked - if not - bad luck for the "guilty" party.

Just to add, I have a family member who spent 4 years in-side waiting on a trial for murder which was to be based on a set-up by a senior policeman - breaking down the lies finally paid off when the cases finally heard with the charges dis-missed and the comment from the judge " should never have been charged", so at least I can say that I have some experience in what goes on behind the scenes to get a conviction for a pre-determined outcome.

• Like 2

Do you guys understand that we can't link to the Bangkok Post here? If you want the link to where they said it was Hannah's phone you'll need to ask by PM.

I won't directly quote here as I don't think I'm allowed but to paraphrase the 3rd October article:

The Police Gen Somyot said the investigators had found Miss Witheridge's phone outside the suspect's living place on Thursday evening.

Whether or not he said this or was an error by the newspaper is unknown but it's what was published. Previously all we had was that it belonged to one of the suspects.

I hope this satisfies you.

I have to apologize, as I don't read the BP, but I looked up the article mentioned and that is exactly what is said in it.

If it are his words or something lost in translation is still to be figured out.

Its fine to talk about the UK authorities and what they are capable or not in getting involved in an independant inquiry.

Its not going to happen, if David and Hanna had been from the States, i am certain that the 'special arrangement' Thailand has with them, the FBI would have been down there from day one !

The last sentence of this article is obscene. I'm not blaming the journalist him(her)self, because his(her) statement is obviously accurate but it shows what these islanders are really like. Sorry if I sound angry, it's because I am angry.

Like it or not the locals of Koh Tao are somehow collectively responsible for this disaster, because they ALL accept and support a totally corrupt system which plagues every single island in this country, all in the name of sheer profit. In this system the locals do not in effect have to abide by the law, because they own the law.

In this system, the locals hire massive amounts of illegal workers who are obscenely underpaid and exploited in every possible way. That some of these guys would end up losing their screws and behaving like animals is totally unjustifiable of course, but the context is explosive, and the locals are responsible for that, not the migrants.

The locals are not to blame. Say there was a murder in Disneyland or Pat Pong, do you expect everyone working there to find new employment? That's ridiculous.

I don't find that ridiculous at all.

I bellieve that in you serinio that if there were indeed a murdrr at Disneyland or Patpong, that there would be people that would look for employment else where because they have good morals and a consience.

So yes the local's are to blame to a point!

Athough it's 2.00pm you are clearly out to lunch.
  • Like 1

Do you guys understand that we can't link to the Bangkok Post here? If you want the link to where they said it was Hannah's phone you'll need to ask by PM.

I won't directly quote here as I don't think I'm allowed but to paraphrase the 3rd October article:

The Police Gen Somyot said the investigators had found Miss Witheridge's phone outside the suspect's living place on Thursday evening.

Whether or not he said this or was an error by the newspaper is unknown but it's what was published. Previously all we had was that it belonged to one of the suspects.

I am not seeing quotes of what the police said. But do recall that in Thai the did not name it being her phone but spoke in general terms of it belonging to one of the victims ... this accurate translation was reported many places and I shared these links when the Facebook Forensic Team started this distraction.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

okay I'll be the first to say it. In respect for David and Hannah's family.

I can't believe how much people are claiming these Burmese are innocent with all the evidence piled up against them. People's logic? They are too small, don't look like a rapist or cold blooded murderers?!?!

The biggest mistake the police made was following half drunken or inebriated claims of people with NO forensics background. once the police (probably with help) followed their cigarette lead, they found the culprits quickly! 99.9% of every single rumor online was JUST that. Zero evidence backing it up. No actual smoking gun. Shocking people with crime scene photos doesn't prove anything. Showing people a phone that may have been turned into police after the murders prove nothing. Where is the smoking gun? A police report.? How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

The Burmese ran off after the police

Spotted them on the beach? Why? They were scared to be deported ? The police know almost all Burmese workers are illegal. Why would the pick out just one innocent group ?

They were tortured with boiling water ?? Where is the smoking gun?? JUST another rumor. I didn't see any Burmese with burn marks. How did they know they were tortured ? Did they call and tell them? I doubt it.

One shared cigarette does not mean rape or murder. it means contact with the victim. One cigarette does not exclude unidentified others who may have also been there.

Actually forensics showing a wound made by a knife as opposed to the hoe that was reported as the murder weapon leaving a murder weapon missing proves..er..that they are missing one of the murder weapons and have falsely reported what kind of weapon was used perhaps.

The distinctive orange/pink phone with dark purple case belonging to hannah is available to view in tv forum on various pages, as well as viewable in various past photos of hannah that have been published online by newspapers and forums. This same very distinctive phone was clearly visible on a policemans desk the day after the murders during a thai news youtube video. An as yet unsubstantiated post from a friend of hannah's confirms the phone was given to the police on request the day after the murders.

Have you not been keeping abreast of the ongoing case?

The torture was reported formally to an NGO by Burmese diplomats. It appeared ten Burmese people were taken in and three were allegedly tortured. Hence this thread........

Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish before I hit reply.

okay I'll be the first to say it. In respect for David and Hannah's family.

I can't believe how much people are claiming these Burmese are innocent with all the evidence piled up against them. People's logic? They are too small, don't look like a rapist or cold blooded murderers?!?!

The biggest mistake the police made was following half drunken or inebriated claims of people with NO forensics background. once the police (probably with help) followed their cigarette lead, they found the culprits quickly! 99.9% of every single rumor online was JUST that. Zero evidence backing it up. No actual smoking gun. Shocking people with crime scene photos doesn't prove anything. Showing people a phone that may have been turned into police after the murders prove nothing. Where is the smoking gun? A police report.? How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

The Burmese ran off after the police

Spotted them on the beach? Why? They were scared to be deported ? The police know almost all Burmese workers are illegal. Why would the pick out just one innocent group ?

They were tortured with boiling water ?? Where is the smoking gun?? JUST another rumor. I didn't see any Burmese with burn marks. How did they know they were tortured ? Did they call and tell them? I doubt it.

Continued.....

Other claims propose (without any evidence) that the hoe was not the primary weapon. (LOL) Independent CSIs again with no forensics background think a tiny knife could have made these skull wounds. if you look closely at the skull fractures you will see it's impossible these were done with a sharp object. Look up (google) knife wounds to the skull. You will see there are no outlying marks associated with stabs to the skull. David does have wounds consistent with a blunt CURVED object. There are marks along his forehead associated to the massive blow to his skull. A knife can not make a curved semi circle! If they used the punch knife the wound would not be so wide either. ! Most knife wounds to the skull get stuck in the skull and need to be surgically removed. Look back at the crime scene photos and you can see what I am talking about. (Yes I have a background in forensics.)

Just because a phone looks similar on YouTube or Facebook doesn't mean some one has a similar phone or the police didn't put it on their reports. Where is this 'friend ' that said she had Hannah's phone ? Don't know?

Because it's hearsay. sad.png doesn't mean anything as far as evidence goes. Just a coincidence or more likely a troll.

The cigarette found near the scene with the alleged Burmese killers has their DNA on it which proves they were at the scene.

Them purchasing the same cigarettes earlier is further damning evidence.

I'm not saying there aren't holes or questions in the investigation but there are a LOT more holes in all these hearsay only accusations and people making these claims have no background with forensics. It would take an elaborate plan (from the very beginning of the investigation) to plant semen in the victim of the accused Burmese suspects.

I believe the Burmese will be properly represented in court and given every chance to prove their innocence. (Doubt it). So for the family's sake. Please let it rest with all these rumors. NONE of them are proven and only slowing the family's healing process.

Thanks

With your infinite wisdom could you please explain to me two things - 1) Motive, 2) How the two killed David. Give me your reconstruction of how these two managed to take him down and keep the girl quiet at the same time. Thanks. These two/three were dna tested in the following days. How come they did not have any bruises/cuts from a fatal encounter with a 24 yr 1.90m man. Hmmm
How do you know they do not have bruises/cuts on their bodies ? Have you seen them without a shirt on ? And they used a weapon to kill the victims with, David and Hannah hadno chance to defend themselves. They were killed defenseless and naked so how could they do anything to stop it. Edited by balo
  • Like 1

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed (again):

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

I read very recently, in the other paper and the DM, that Pol Gen Somyut on Friday said something along the lines of investigators on Thursday night found Witheridge`s mobile phone near Wyn`s living quarters, but the exact words have escaped me

Edited by heyexile

I signed this petition, I live in Thailand & tried to share it's link on my facebook home page. Even using a VPN it would not post on my page... I wonder why???

I've just looked at the arms, hands and faces of these two innocents on the photo's on the petition.

My god!!! I have never ever seen such injuries and burns all of my life!!! They are unrecognisable as human beings, so, whoever did this scandalous thing to them to get them to confess should be put behind bars for a very long time. Their hands are lobster red and their faces bloated - god I feel sick!!

Look if you dare, but be warned it is pretty gruesome!!!

There are no such photos on the petition I signed. Not sure where you're getting that from.

I think Sichon Steve might be extracting the urine-it's one way to perform a DNA test.
  • Like 1

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

Exactly, everyone here wants to see justice done, one way or the other, if we are wrong in our beliefs that doesn't matter, it's truth and just that's what it's all about.crazy.gif

You might just shoot yourself in the foot.

Say, these guys are guilty - getting good lawyers will probably get them off due to the inconsistencies by the police, then you'll have the killers walking free and no justice being done, apart from getting incompetent policemen the sack.

I signed this petition, I live in Thailand & tried to share it's link on my facebook home page. Even using a VPN it would not post on my page... I wonder why???

I've just looked at the arms, hands and faces of these two innocents on the photo's on the petition.

My god!!! I have never ever seen such injuries and burns all of my life!!! They are unrecognisable as human beings, so, whoever did this scandalous thing to them to get them to confess should be put behind bars for a very long time. Their hands are lobster red and their faces bloated - god I feel sick!!

There are no such photos on the petition I signed. Not sure where you're getting that from.

He is trying to be funny and a smart arse. The final word in the main descriptor in the sentence.

• Like 1

<removed BKK Post Link>

This article says that the accused have admitted to taking Hanna's phone and other valuables to be destroyed behind the house where they lived.

I seem to remember in very early statements by the police that they said the motive didn't seem to be theft as nothing had been taken from the crime scene.

Anyone have a link to that report?

Clearly states in the link you provide that Pol Gen Somyot said the phone belonged to one of the two victims. While it does also state the suspects say they took her phone ... obviously what they thought was her phone if reported correctly. Somyot also said it is a key piece of evidence. So clearly it will not be the same phone the police showed and collected the first day.

Bottom line is might have been confusion regarding this but the bottom line is nothing here to obsess about. They clearly have never claimed it was the same phone they collected and showed the first days and really bordering on crazy to suggest this or to believe such a scenario.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Allez tout le monde à la télévision .. si vous voulez être sûr à ce sujet alors nous avons besoin de 10.000 sigs de passer à la pétition de l'ambassade britannique et le gouvernement britannique pour une autre enquête indépendante, tous les gens veulent est la vraie justice et la fermeture pour David et hannahs familles , cela signifie que 100% sans doute .... obtenir suffisamment de voix et le Royaume-Uni gov devront ouvrir une enquête si elles havnt déjà derrière des portes closes.

Nous pouvons faire une différence pour une fois, tout ce qu'il faut sont pour les bonnes gens fassent quelque chose ....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

S'il vous plaît Modérateurs im vous demande au nom de beaucoup faire la bonne chose et que ce lien séjour.

This petition is an insult to our guests. By agreeing to be the vector Thai Visa definitely ranks in the category of guests dismissive and arrogant.
I think I will not make old bones with you friend, I have no desire to be associated with your claims grossly contemptuous.

Lost in translation me thinks ...old bones and all...????

Looks like he's using google translate.

<removed BKK Post Link>

This article says that the accused have admitted to taking Hanna's phone and other valuables to be destroyed behind the house where they lived.

I seem to remember in very early statements by the police that they said the motive didn't seem to be theft as nothing had been taken from the crime scene.

Clearly states in the link you provide that Pol Gen Somyot said the phone belonged to one of the two victims. While it does also state the suspects say they took her phone ... obviously what they thought was her phone if reported correctly. Somyot also said it is a key piece of evidence. So clearly it will not be the same phone the police showed and collected the first day.

Bottom line is might have been confusion regarding this but the bottom line is nothing here to obsess about. They clearly have never claimed it was the same phone they collected and showed the first days and really bordering on crazy to suggest this or to believe such a scenario.

You may be looking at a different article You may be interested in one dated Fri 3rd Oct, 2.49 pm and in post #285.

Casual visitors to Thailand may not realise that what is referred to here as a hoe-jorb in Thai bears no resemblance to the tool called a hoe in England, a light instrument uzed for light weeding. the thai hoe, jorb, is excellent for digging as you use gravity toforce that sharp rectangular metal into the soil. Only a pyscho could use it as a weapon on a human so awful would the injuries be. One blow to the back of the head of someone sitting or lying down could easily render them unconscious. Which makes all the talk of the size of the attackers irrelevant. Where is Sean btw?
  • Like 1

He is trying to be funny and a smart arse. The final word in the main descriptor in the sentence.

I prefer to be thought as the 2nd from last word in the first sentence!!thumbsup.gif

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

You sound like you're buddies with or connected with the Headman's son. Pardon me if my suspicion is wrong. It's just that the son should still be a prime suspect. Same goes for his uncle and the uncle's cop friend. Unfortunately (for the Burmese and for the truth) there is no continuing investigation by officialdom. Case is closed because they have scapegoats.

And why should they be suspects? Especially now they have these suspects whose DNA matches, admitted to the crimes, were the ones in the video and were the ones seen playing and singing that night near the crime scene and whose friend will be testifying against them.

Pardon me for suggesting it is time to accept your original suspicions were almost certainly wrong ... I know mine were.

No intelligent impartial person should believe the Thai police evidence, given the circumstances surrounding this investigation, if you can call it that.

• Like 1

<removed BKK Post Link>

JTJ - Can't you accept it could be a classic fit-up? I ask for the third time, have you a vested interest in tourism in Thailand? - something that you fail to latch onto in your voluble responses.

I read very recently, in the other paper and the DM, that Pol Gen Somyut on Friday said something along the lines of investigators on Thursday night found Witheridge`s mobile phone near Wyn`s living quarters, but the exact words have escaped me

Pol Gen Somyot said Friday that investigators Thursday night found Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters. This according to an already-referred-to newspaper. Type those words attributed to Somyot into Google and you will surely find the quote. Why some people are bending over backwards to defend the Thai police, who have a past history of the most appalling corruption, lies and unprofessionalism, is beyond me. The whole 'investigation' has stunk to high heaven from day one.

We are not trying to defend the police at all. All we are saying is that the police have cocked it from the start to the get go (whatever that means) - it doesn't make them any less guilty though, does it if they WERE the perpetrators of the crime as a good old bobby would say!!!

The majority have already cleared them for some strange reason because of the police incompetence which is absurd when you think about it!!!

<removed BKK Post Link>

Why would they "think it was her phone" would they not remember who they removed it from?

You say "So clearly it will not be the same phone the police showed and collected the first day" - There's nothing clear about it.

This is the whole problem, what you think it clear others CLEARLY do not.

How you can be so clear on everything I really don't know. If everything was CLEAR there wouldn't be thousands of posts on this whole subject.

As for your bottom line, many of us are "obsessing" as you put it because we want to be SURE not just clear.wai2.gif

• Like 2

I prefer to be thought as the 2nd from last word in the first sentence!!thumbsup.gif

I don't agree, however top marks for the retort. ☺

• Like 1

Casual visitors to Thailand may not realise that what is referred to here as a hoe-jorb in Thai bears no resemblance to the tool called a hoe in England, a light instrument uzed for light weeding. the thai hoe, jorb, is excellent for digging as you use gravity toforce that sharp rectangular metal into the soil. Only a pyscho could use it as a weapon on a human so awful would the injuries be. One blow to the back of the head of someone sitting or lying down could easily render them unconscious. Which makes all the talk of the size of the attackers irrelevant. Where is Sean btw?

Only a pyscho? Not a horny youth? Which does require a leap of motive, and it still doesn't explain the cuts on David's body.