Bangkok strives to become metropolis of ASEAN

Lite Beer

Bangkok will become the Metropolis of Safety with the installation of a new solar-powered lighting system in risky areas

we got them installed on double bends near us, very nice flashing solar powered lights- that only work in the daytime when you can hardly see them, they seem to have forgotten the sun goes in at night when they need to be on!

They store the electricity. Maybe you need to get back to school.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we ask him in 12 months time how this is progressing.

The hub of life long learning. Bloody hell who thought that up? And this guy went to Oxbridge?

There is nothing wrong with life-long learning. It's what most successful people do. The world is changing at a rapid pace and every needs to keep learning or otherwise they'll drop behind, as is evidently the case with many on here. It's laughable how behind the times and out of touch many on here are.

• Like 1

Can we ask him in 12 months time how this is progressing.

The hub of life long learning. Bloody hell who thought that up? And this guy went to Oxbridge?

There is nothing wrong with life-long learning. It's what most successful people do. The world is changing at a rapid pace and every needs to keep learning or otherwise they'll drop behind, as is evidently the case with many on here. It's laughable how behind the times and out of touch many on here are.

So what does a city of life long learning look like? A place full of pensioners on educations visas.

• Like 1

FACT: Bangkok is sinking due to old infrastructure and the amount of people, buildings etc. On top of that sea levels are rising and what is very close to this amazing city? the sea and a manjor river. In 20-30 years it will either be no more or an Asian messed up type of Venice. Sorry Thailand, many greater cities in ASEAN, better luck next time.

Thai Visa Forum: The Hub of Farangs Trashing Thailand. The Bangkok Governor is at least making an attempt at bettering the lives of Thais and all you get on TVF is cynicism and derogatory/negative comments. Didn't your mothers teach you that if you don't have something positive to say then best remain silent. Many here just complain and berate but never have a single constructive thing to contribute. It seems like a contest to see who can insult Thailand/Thais more. You expose more about your own shortcomings than those of Thailand.

Wah! There is nothing wrong here. Wah! I'm a boot lick for the junta. Wah! I talk about your mothers because I can. Wah! Everyone should just accept everything they tell us on the news. Wah! I don't know anything about what the "education" system here is like, but criticism is unwelcome. Wah! We must make constructive criticisms so it can be duly ignored. Wah! I am very comfortable here and don't like people criticizing that either. Wah! I am a loyal robot, and get wound up every morning so I can entertain children. Wah!

"The governor is at least making an attempt at bettering the lives of Thais..." Really? Talking is an attempt to build and create?

Talk is cheap. He is just posturing to show the Junta that he is an asset. But from word to actions and completion of plans there is a big, big difference.

Education? Where is the project for free public libraries that anyone can use without being subjected to a government control showing ID or passport and paying for the use of a library on the premises of universities where books are severely censored? That is how it is nowadays and has always been.

His inaction speaks louder than his words.

At the time of the latest Great Flood all he did was to join Abhisit and company in funerary caskets to summon the wisdom of ancestor but, did zilch to prepare the province for the impending flood. He just began the big sand bags plan when the flood was already in Bangkok destroying life and property.

A governor like him in any country is a liability.

He is just another politico in this Somtam country.

So many still think that Denial is a river in Africa!

It is no wonder there are so many apologists of the indefensible.

The hubris of those defenders of the indefensible, usually, out of lack of intellectual wherewithal, make them resort to name calling or take an issue ad hominem.

The beauty of a civil dialogue they will never know.

englishoak, on 05 Oct 2014 - 07:50, said:

So many hubs my head is spinning ............

Plenty of "hubs" but no working "wheels." The definition of "hub" casts some doubt on Thailand being a "hub" of anything, except bullsh#t and incompetence.

Hub :

the effective centre of an activity, region, or network
  • Like 1

Have you ever heard of freedom of speech?

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter". George Washington

Thai Visa Forum: The Hub of Farangs Trashing Thailand. The Bangkok Governor is at least making an attempt at bettering the lives of Thais and all you get on TVF is cynicism and derogatory/negative comments. Didn't your mothers teach you that if you don't have something positive to say then best remain silent. Many here just complain and berate but never have a single constructive thing to contribute. It seems like a contest to see who can insult Thailand/Thais more. You expose more about your own shortcomings than those of Thailand.

rametindallas, on 05 Oct 2014 - 08:35, said:

Just look at the size of Bangkok, and what he is "proposing," it will do little to a make Bangkok the "metropolis" (the capital or chief city of a country or region) of ASEAN, wake up, travel to Singapore or KL, before commenting.

Bangkok will become the Metropolis of Safety with the installation of a new solar-powered lighting system in risky areas

we got them installed on double bends near us, very nice flashing solar powered lights- that only work in the daytime when you can hardly see them, they seem to have forgotten the sun goes in at night when they need to be on!

Is it possible that they haven't installed the battery part of the system yet?

"Bangkok will be the Metropolis of Opportunities for All" Can I share that concept with the down and outs that sleep on the streets and in the doorways of Samphanthawong night after night. I am sure they will be excited! rolleyes.gif

Maybe you'd see more people sleeping on the street/parks/tunnels/alleys in the "developed" world overall; main city street too, in the freezing cold with full-on rain...store nightgear in the alleyways during the days, so quick of the mark to beg for money in the mornings from 6am onwards.

Your own countries might well have changed from how you remember them.

"Bangkok will be a Green Metropolis where 10 public parks will be added, covering an additional area of 5000 rai."

until the next government transforms these 5000 rai into shopping malls.

And every rain season they turn it into a water-park

Lofty goals certainly - if it were me in charge i would be more that happy to just see the end of martial law and be able to post the 'Welcome to Bangkok - Terrorist Free for 6 Months" sign at Swampy.