Lame Excuses

willyumiii

But it is also available to those who don't pay tax, therefore it is free. Tax payers pay indirectly. Try waltzing up to a Thai school, university or hospital and telling them you pay your taxes, see where that gets you.

it wasnt free to you pal! and everyone pays taxes of some sort

Edited by AYJAYDEE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is also available to those who don't pay tax, therefore it is free. Tax payers pay indirectly. Try waltzing up to a Thai school, university or hospital and telling them you pay your taxes, see where that gets you.

You just can't follow any thought can you??

Sigurris is correct..you are as negative and wrong as usual.

The issue is not who pays.

The issue is who is better taken care of.

Those who have helping those who do not have is a very honorable concept.

Interesting that a Buddhist country lets their poor and sick beg in the streets for money and help,

while a Christian country takes care of those in need, even those who are not citizens, even those in their country illegally.

Being a follower of the Buddha myself, I would expect it to be the other way around!

Again Sigurris is correct.

Are we Thai bashing again?

Only the bashable can be bashed.

Next time maybe we can leave you a map to help you stay on topic??

Should the map be in English or Thai?

You just can't follow any thought can you??

Sigurris is correct..you are as negative and wrong as usual.

The issue is not who pays.

The issue is who is better taken care of.

Those who have helping those who do not have is a very honorable concept.

Interesting that a Buddhist country lets their poor and sick beg in the streets for money and help,

while a Christian country takes care of those in need, even those who are not citizens, even those in their country illegally.

Being a follower of the Buddha myself, I would expect it to be the other way around!

Again Sigurris is correct.

Are we Thai bashing again?

Only the bashable can be bashed.

Next time maybe we can leave you a map to help you stay on topic??

Should the map be in English or Thai?

the fact is everyone pays taxes of some sort. and so it isnt free. he is wrong. but i'm sure he appreciates your weak defense. and if u dont believe a christian country allows begging and homelessness youre fooling ourself.

O.K., let's try to get back on topic...

Thai people play music so loud it is distorted and sounds very bad.

Excuse: When radios were first available in Thailand, very few could afford to buy one.

So...people would play the radio at full volume so everyone in the village or neighborhood could hear it too!

( Note: the chronically off topic bleeding hearts have been ignored. The first time I have ever had to ignore TV members )

O.K., let's try to get back on topic...

Thai people play music so loud it is distorted and sounds very bad.

Excuse: When radios were first available in Thailand, very few could afford to buy one.

So...people would play the radio at full volume so everyone in the village or neighborhood could hear it too!

( Note: the chronically off topic bleeding hearts have been ignored. The first time I have ever had to ignore TV members )

so what excuses for loud music do farangs use?

I will love to see a list of what Thai people think about our way of do things...and its comments about.

I only know what my wife think about my farangneis.....She does because she likes for me to show her why I do different...

She rarely agreed...

Because..Yes....It is a BIG difference...

I get upset all day by the way she do some things.....and I close my face...

She get upset one minute about my way to do some things....and she smiles...

I have a lot to learn yet....

• Like 1

I will love to see a list of what Thai people think about our way of do things...and its comments about.

I only know what my wife think about my farangneis.....She does because she likes for me to show her why I do different...

She rarely agreed...

Because..Yes....It is a BIG difference...

I get upset all day by the way she do some things.....and I close my face...

She get upset one minute about my way to do some things....and she smiles...

I have a lot to learn yet....

I agree!

Even I can not believe some of the things people from my country and other "farang " countries do and how those things are rationalized.

I am not criticizing Thais, just pointing out differences that I find amusing.

I also laugh at my culture and myself often.

My Thai wife, who spent six years in California with me, also sees much humor in both cultures.

Peculiarities of westerners and the excuses we use would also be a great topic for discussion here on TV.

Edited by willyumiii

I agree!

Even I can not believe some of the things people from my country and other "farang " countries do and how those things are rationalized.

My Thai wife, who spent six years in California with me, also sees much humor in both cultures.

Peculiarities of westerners and the excuses we use would also be a great topic for discussion here on TV.

Dumb people talk about people, average people talk about events, intelligent people talk about ideas.

Why don't you start a thread that says, "I don't shower every day. In my culture that is considered foolish in fact 30% of people from my culture don't shower every day." Why do Thais feel it is necessary to shower 4 times a day.

Or you could refine it to, "only high class people in my culture shower more than once a day; in Thailand even the lowest classes shower more than once a day; why is that?"

Or how about the gun thing. "In my country every body carries a gun and we shoot them in the air for weddings and birthdays, why don't they do that in Thailand?"

Or in my country women aren't allowed to drive but they are in Thailand; why is that?

Are you getting my point?

I agree!

Dumb people talk about people, average people talk about events, intelligent people talk about ideas.

Why don't you start a thread that says, "I don't shower every day. In my culture that is considered foolish in fact 30% of people from my culture don't shower every day." Why do Thais feel it is necessary to shower 4 times a day.

Or you could refine it to, "only high class people in my culture shower more than once a day; in Thailand even the lowest classes shower more than once a day; why is that?"

Or how about the gun thing. "In my country every body carries a gun and we shoot them in the air for weddings and birthdays, why don't they do that in Thailand?"

Or in my country women aren't allowed to drive but they are in Thailand; why is that?

Are you getting my point?

because it doesnt tie into the point being driven: Lame Excuses!! this thread has nothing to do with what farangs find "amusing" except in the sense that they laugh AT thais rather than WITH them. they know it, you know it and they KNOW you know it!