Flight to Thailand through Moscow.

Ws93

Hey, I found a good cheap flight to Thailand via Areoflot but it stops at Sheremetyevo. Now I've heard stories about this airport and Russia itself.

I'm worried about losing my baggage, potential weather causing delays, extra charges (bribes) etc. I'm going on a single ticket to Suvarnabhumi. I don't mind about no inflight entertainment.

I'm getting a certificate from Thai embassy London so I enter Thailand as a Thai citizen, I'm worried this might cause problems for me.

I haven't flown Aeroflot, but have been through Sheremetyevo. It was OK. If you are only transiting, you won't have to clear customs. Weather delays are a real possibility, as they are in any airport with similar weather. As far as baggage goes, don't check anything of value.

I have also transited through Sheremetyevo several times and never had a problem. Winter weather delays in any northern hemisphere airport are always a possibility but if you are ticketed through on the same airline, they will eventually get you to your destination.

It is never a good idea to pack valuables into checked bags no mater where you are travelling.

Until recently I flew almost every time between thailand and Europe using Aeroflot. On most long legs new B777 planes with excellent in flight entertainment. Also seat pitch is great. And many times many empty seats, so you can take 3 or 4 to sleep! Transit at sheremetyevo is perfectly ok with new terminal. Being Dutch I just stopped flying Awroflot after Russians shot down MH17.

Aeroflot is one of the most expensive airlines, like Thai Air...

Can you give examples on which routes they are expensive?

I know a couple of routes from Thailand to Europe where they have cheap prices.

Simple example:

Bangkok - Berlin - Bangkok, 22 OCT to 12 NOV.

Aeroflot 574 EUR (cheapest offer)

TG 2405 EUR.

The TG price is simply ridicolous.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Flew with them earlier in the year from Amsterdam. 90 minutes stop in Moscow and then to BKK. Many people did not get their luggage at Swampy. To be honest if it wasnt cheap....a nightmare airport in Moscow.... of what i saw. I truly hope they increase their prices alot so i never have to contemplate flying with them again.

I have also transited through Sheremetyevo several times and never had a problem. Winter weather delays in any northern hemisphere airport are always a possibility but if you are ticketed through on the same airline, they will eventually get you to your destination.

It is never a good idea to pack valuables into checked bags no mater where you are travelling.

+1. Never had a problem at Sheremetyevo. As for the weather, those Aeroflot guys can get through pretty much anything.