Thai police arrest Myanmar man who killed roommate

webfact

Police arrest Myanmar man who killed roommate
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested a Myanmar man who they claimed killed his countryman and sucked his blood because the man had a crush on his wife.

Udomsuk Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Somphorn Krissanapipat said 30-year-old Aike Hla killed his 20-year-old roommate Sai Lin on October 2.

Somphorn said Aike had confessed to the crime.

He said Aike stabbed Sai in the neck and body three to four times before allegedly sucking the blood from the knife because he believed the murdered man's spirit would follow him for the rest of his life if he didn't. He then covered Sai's face with a cloth and lay next to the body until the following morning.

Aike re-enacted the crime before police. Somphorn said Aike and Sai had rented an apartment at Bangkok's Prawet district and after the murder he hid in Samut Prakan.

CCTV footage at the apartment complex showed a man running from the room where Sai was killed with suitcase. He left the scene in a taxi.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-arrest-Myanmar-man-who-killed-roommate-30244822.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-06

The Thais are busting more Burmese, they're freeing Laos, they're chasing cambodians, and they are "hunting" Turks. They are rarely if ever tracking and/or arresting a Thai.Never a Thai Mr. Big being hauled off in hand cuffs. No big Thai swindlers, gangsters, bankers, insider traders. Thai bigs are impervious to prosecution.

To make matters worse don't the Thai Mr. Bigs know it !

How often when small fry are arrested do we read the stock phrase " believed connected to a local politician / influential person " and that's where that part of the story and investigation ends.

• Like 1

Let's see what the super sleuths on thai visa make of this.

Myanmar guy no English accused of murder.

Must be a set up!

Ooh diddums, spitting the dummy ?

If forum members were to post for absolute guilt would you find cause for innocence ?

I don't think he's spitting the dummy, it sounds more like you are doing that. Perhaps he's making an accurate and relevant observation?

• Like 1

Must be a set up!

If forum members were to post for absolute guilt would you find cause for innocence ?

I don't think he's spitting the dummy, it sounds more like you are doing that. Perhaps he's making an accurate and relevant observation?

and perhaps you haven't been following the KT story from the time it was first reported or are you someone else using another name ?

• Like 1

Must be a set up!

and perhaps you haven't been following the KT story from the time it was first reported or are you someone else using another name ?

Much as I hate to rock the Thai Visa boat and from observing members comments for some time I do realise there is a hierarchy here in some members eyes but your comment about aliases seems a bit hypocritical as I'm pretty sure NongKhaiKid and The Stuttering Parrot are not the real names of the posters I responded to.

Think he needs to been seen by a doctor as well. Something is not right upstairs !

Actually as a hunter you always drink the blood of your kill to absorb the spirit of the animal.....

Perhaps he was taught this also but misunderstood this was for animals and not for people...

Next few weeks chNces are we will see many murder stories and crime stories about Myanmar nationals, after all the eorkd media must understand how bad they are just like the British couple murderers.

Just imagine?

Sucking blood from knife ??

Sleeping over night by the dead body but also said seen run away to taxi after murder.

what always amazes me is that if any suspect get caught they always confess strait on the spot and even crimes done previously(not even asked for)...

think the RTP got a lot of authority.

You would too if water boarded or similar.