Police address criticisms over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects

webfact

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phone is not that important, important are: Sean, Sean's bloody guitar, the shallow stab wounds in David's head, the same stab wounds on Sean's arms and leg, owner of AC bar, AC bar owner's cronie (police man), the HiSo brat sons of the mafia chief not giving a DNA sample, suppressed witness accounts, the torture of the accused, the refusal of corrupt police to look at the facts, the puppeteered "reenactment"!

• Like 2

There are professional reporters all over this case now.

I am satisfied that the work done on the internet have assured that this will no longer be tolerated on Kho Tao

It truly makes a person wonder though, how it is, that tourists continue to want to go there

they simply must not know

• Like 1

one wonders how many have died, been raped, assaulted or robbed on this island?

Sadly nobody will ever know, but my guess is most will be Burmese.

I don't think there will be large numbers of tourist deaths, and assault and robbery is most likely at similar levels to most tourist areas.

Rape could potentially be a serious problem, as the current case threatens to expose. It will be interesting to see if any women come forward with reports of previous incidents. They should be encouraged to speak out.

It is a small island, there is nowhere to hide or escape to and everyone knows that, so it is possible that there are few crimes committed unsanctioned by the powers that be. It is obvious now, the rule of law is administered not by the police, but by the influential crime-lords, assisted by the police...

Hannah and David were not the first Brits to die on Koh Tao this year. Nick Pearson, 25, was on a family vacation when he was found dead on New Year's day.

His parents are convinced he was murdered – and the killing covered up to protect tourism.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

I seem to remember poster 'KTVIEW' in an early thread assuring us nothing untoward had ever happened before on Koh Tao. He lived on the island. Sickens me that westerners defend it too.

"Calls to the Thai police force, and the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok, by CNN went unanswered Thursday."

That is from CNN. I hope it's ok to quote them. My point is just that Myanmar needs to get with it. When international news stations are calling you, it can only help (in this case) to answer the phone. Of course Thailand police did not answer for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Truth will only come out if outside pressure increases and does not fizzle out - and their high season business affected. They will try to cling on to these stories at ALL (!!!!!.....) cost.

It will also be a test for the British government if they really care what happens to their countrymen abroad, or if links between secret services, in the name of fighting terrorism, makes them to take a "soft stance" and just accept whatever the Thai police says.... "mai pen rai" British style...? Let's hope not.

Edited by TTom911

The British police starting to ask questiond would be MOST appropriate. Good news... for the sake of justice and to help the families on all sides to not loose their sanity in what must be an absolute nightmare to be going through.

Edited by TTom911

CNN spells trouble for the Thai's with ASEAN

think about it,

who will want to send their young people to Thailand now, once CNN runs this story,

and worse, CNN will start running the story regardless of whether anyone calls them back because,

that makes the story better

think about it,

who will want to send their young people to Thailand now, once CNN runs this story,

and worse, CNN will start running the story regardless of whether anyone calls them back because,

Do you have a link for this Steve? I googled but couldn't fnd it. Thanks

Here's something the UK government has done:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

"Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao (the Samui archipelago)"

TAT is going to love this!

think about it,

Do you have a link for this Steve? I googled but couldn't fnd it. Thanks

I don't know where it was, as this case is all over the Internet, and becoming very hard to follow

All I recall was that they were investigating and not getting anywhere, but f I run across it, I will post.

I feel like I am getting blurry eyed and weary about all this, but determined to keep up.

I know so many good Thai people and they deserve better.

Of course, the USA is degrading into a Nazi state, it is all becoming so tiring

• Like 2