Police address criticisms over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects

webfact

Andy hall and his mission were able to interview the 3rd guy today in bophut police station.

"Our mission was able to interview him but only in presence of a police translator. He is under protective custody at an unrevealed location."

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy hall and his mission were able to interview the 3rd guy today in bophut police station.

"Our mission was able to interview him but only in presence of a police translator. He is under protective custody at an unrevealed location."

You got a link for that please?

he had 2 phones, his iphone would not work in Koh Tao( locked to uk)

Regarding the phone on the beach: It looks like it`s the male victims clothes. So, if it`s his phone lying there,

then who´s phone did they find at the burmeses place?

Strangely enough I always carry a phone on me that doesn't work.

I mean who wouldn't ?

This is the kind of thought free arguments that permeate this whole sad situation.

Yes, you would, for example, if you want to use your own phone to connect to internet via WiFi even if you can't use it to make phone calls, or access whatever data he has stored in it (photos, videos, phone numbers, e-mails, etc, etc...)

he had 2 phones, his iphone would not work in Koh Tao( locked to uk)

Regarding the phone on the beach: It looks like it`s the male victims clothes. So, if it`s his phone lying there,

then who´s phone did they find at the burmeses place?

I mean who wouldn't ?

This is the kind of thought free arguments that permeate this whole sad situation.

Yes, you would, for example, if you want to use your own phone to connect to internet via WiFi even if you can't use it to make phone calls, or access whatever data he has stored in it (photos, videos, phone numbers, e-mails, etc, etc...)

Ah I see. So a phone that doesn't work actually does work ? They threw it away because they couldn't get it to work. Yet all the time it did work.

Here's another dumb question then... if a phone has a sim that doesn't work abroad how would you manage to pick up Wi-Fi etc?

How can you send emails on a phone that has a sim that doesn't work ? Or do you think he just liked to read old emails ?

What did he do with the phone numbers stored on his phone ? look at them maybe ...

Edited by bertty

I mean who wouldn't ?

Ah I see. So a phone that doesn't work actually does work ? They threw it away because they couldn't get it to work. Yet all the time it did work.

Here's another dumb question then... if a phone has a sim that doesn't work abroad how would you manage to pick up Wi-Fi etc?

How can you send emails on a phone that has a sim that doesn't work ? Or do you think he just liked to read old emails ?

What did he do with the phone numbers stored on his phone ? look at them maybe ...

A phone can be used to connect via WiFi even without a SIM card. facepalm.gif

Friendly advice, try to put more thought into what you write, specially in a matter of such gravity as this murders; it helps nobody to create misinformation to muddy the waters.

Edited by AleG

OK well I'm amazed I never knew that, thanks for pointing it out.

Guess the next question to ask is why did they throw away a perfectly good phone ?

because its only worth 15.000 - 20.000 baht

and its also very smart to

throw an evidence of a murder-rape crime in your own backyard,isn´t it ?

Twitter.com/Atomicalandy

thanks-

"ndy Hall @Atomicalandy

Following meetings with 3 migrants (2 accused/1 protective custody), police, prosecutors & community our mission has arrived back to Bangkok"

Having read this now it looks like the DNA might well indeed have come from the Burmese guys..

'Police said investigators relied on witness testimony, CCTV evidence and DNA tests – particularly evidence taken from cigarettes found at the crime scene – to come to their conclusions and that their investigation was by the book.'

From a cigarette found on the beach.

• Like 1

OK well I'm amazed I never knew that, thanks for pointing it out.

Guess the next question to ask is why did they throw away a perfectly good phone ?

because its only worth 15.000 - 20.000 baht

and its also very smart to

throw an evidence of a murder-rape crime in your own backyard,isn´t it ?

Ah Mike, Irony dear....You too ?

1957977_711447318932996_6240533856951062

1. Why did the police pick a Roti Street Vendor as an official translator translator? Was he trying to save some Thai tax payers' money?
2 Why did he pick a Rohingya muslim translator for Rakhine suspects?

If one of its citizens got charged for murder which is qualified for the death penalty, and the American police hire a street vendor who can speak Thai but do not like Thais. How would Thai government feel?

• Like 1

1. Why did the police pick a Roti Street Vendor as an official translator translator? Was he trying to save some Thai tax payers' money?

If one of its citizens got charged for murder which is qualified for the death penalty, and the American police hire a street vendor who can speak Thai but do not like Thais. How would Thai government feel?

Rohingya/Rakhine both dialects start with the letter R so whats the problem ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Rohingya/Rakhine both dialects start with the letter R so whats the problem ? rolleyes.gif

Oak/BKK/BLUES,

Your pictures send shivers down my spine. This has to be the ultimate in treachery against foreigners albeit Burmese or from wherever. It also sends alarm bells ringing about other past cases although, would not care to mention in this topic considering its complicated enough as it is. However, this would certainly have been a terrible travesty of justice had they just been tried with no legal backing or support.

I still get slightly peeved whenever anyone infers statements like' even though they could still be guilty - and shit like that. This is one disgusting cover-up from start to finish. If the Thais really want to save face - (as is always explained to all and sundry as just cause for anything they do or seem to do in response to what they assume as embarrassment to them personally) - then should give up their own.

My personal take on this or my own interpretation. I seriously have a gut feeling this was a local Thai hooligan gang mob, who’ve been pinpointed from the start and slinked back into the shadows being protected by family/friends/police. I know I’m not the only theorist with this view. Nonetheless, this BS has to come to an abrupt end sooner or later. God, only knows how this will affect their tourism figures since this now will enrage people here in Thailand and afar.

Seems like all the hard work the General/PM has done, has gone down the drain and will be a mammoth task to put right that certainly pales into any justifiable significance, considering his past credible exploits. The media will erupt into fury over this now the fire has been ignited.

Where are the cynics hiding out now since, its gone extremely quiet in that area ?

• Like 1

The RTP apologists, led by Constable BJ are notably quiet. I assume that within the next 4 hours we will be getting our morning dose of BIB propaganda in the news, which will energise the BIB supporters and TVP wannabes. Seems however the press outside of Thailand are now getting quiet interested in this case.

• Like 1

The RTP apologists, led by Constable BJ are notably quiet. I assume that within the next 4 hours we will be getting our morning dose of BIB propaganda in the news, which will energise the BIB supporters and TVP wannabes. Seems however the press outside of Thailand are now getting quiet interested in this case.

Mrtoad,

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t want to feel like a smart – arse but these sicko’s who’ve tried so hard, to hijack threads with their BS statements, must now be squirming now their world has collapsed around them - so to speak.

Anyway, it’s not about them. It is more so to get justice for these 2 poor Burmese lads and for closure on these heinous crimes committed by others

Cheers …………

Mrtoad,

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t want to feel like a smart – arse but these sicko’s who’ve tried so hard, to hijack threads with their BS statements, must now be squirming now their world has collapsed around them - so to speak.

Anyway, it’s not about them. It is more so to get justice for these 2 poor Burmese lads and for closure on these heinous crimes committed by others

Cheers …………

I wouldnt be too sure these lads are totally innocent of any crime committed that night just yet.

• Like 2

Mrtoad,

Cheers …………

I wouldnt be too sure these lads are totally innocent of any crime committed that night just yet.

Oak,

The only thing I can foresee that's relevant is the cigarette butt they’ve found that was or seems to be their main course or justification for these Burmese guys guilt. However, its early doors for anyone to make up any educated opinions or notions as to who/why/what happened at this stage.

I just want a proper thorough investigation done from top to finish to clear the air.

Let’s hope this happens but won’t hold my breath ………..

• Like 1

Mrtoad,

Cheers …………

Sorry, double post.

Edited by ScotBkk

Let's hypothetically say that it was the Headmans son who did this?

Usually murderers are repeat offenders.

He cannot possibly try to murder someone again because that would definitely nail the coffin in Koh Toa's tourist industry and ruin his dad's business and lose all their money.

But most importantly, why have we not heard anything from the other son or about the son? We've heard about Warot but what about the other one???

I've seen Waruts Facebook. He looks like a arrogant little idiot.

Thai food is my favourite cuisine and visiting there was in my bucket list. It has now been crossed off, and by many others I know too.

In the original story, one son warot was in university, but the other son was on the run and hiding in Bangkok.

Warot is a smokescreen. He is the middle child.

The older son has disappeared and gone into a hole much the same as Sean. It is difficult to even find a name on him

Would this be him?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202707588187610&set=a.1458770266015.2065465.1136151696&type=1&theater

Seems like a nice guy.

He does seem like a nice guy. He's the Headmans son and Warots brother?

I definitely think it's Warot. He fits the CCTV profile better and he comes like a arrogant little poo.

He cannot possibly try to murder someone again because that would definitely nail the coffin in Koh Toa's tourist industry and ruin his dad's business and lose all their money.

But most importantly, why have we not heard anything from the other son or about the son? We've heard about Warot but what about the other one???

Thai food is my favourite cuisine and visiting there was in my bucket list. It has now been crossed off, and by many others I know too.

In the original story, one son warot was in university, but the other son was on the run and hiding in Bangkok.

The older son has disappeared and gone into a hole much the same as Sean. It is difficult to even find a name on him

Would this be him?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202707588187610&set=a.1458770266015.2065465.1136151696&type=1&theater

Seems like a nice guy.

I definitely think it's Warot. He fits the CCTV profile better and he comes like a arrogant little poo.

Nadii,

Would be even better if ALL these thai people on the island had their DNA taken with no exceptions. However, even then.... will we ever get a truthful outcome ..... This is Thailand .... go figure ...

• Like 2

Would this be him?

Seems like a nice guy.

Is this not actually Mon's son and therefore the headman's nephew and Warot's cousin? Or is he headman's son?

Would this be him?

Seems like a nice guy.

Is this not actually Mon's son and therefore the headman's nephew and Warot's cousin? Or is he headman's son?

Oh I don't know. The headman has at least 2 sons...one is Warot, we are trying to find the other.

Edited by nadii