TRUE ADSL still slow since Sept. 15, different stories ..

Orangutan

It started on the 15th of last month, I could not connect to my Brokerage server in Dallas Texas. I read that the undersea cable was damaged in Viet Nam and would be repaired the 15th of October? I called TRUE and was told that indeed the undersea cable was damaged and that was causing the slow speed on for my connection. I have been running Ping and speed test since the 15th of September. Pings are always between 450 and 600.

Today I received an SMS in Thai saying that my internet service would be back to normal today. I tried and received a better ping test at 320, but far from normal. I called TRUE and was told that the slowness was because of a damaged cable in HONG KONG! I told her that I believe she meant that the cable was damaged in Viet Nam .. she put me on hold for a few minuets, then told me that the problem was now just resolved.

Of course I tried after restarting my router and still cannot connect to my brokerage account/server in the US. Thus I cannot open my trading platform screens -- for three weeks.

Is anyone also having the same problem with there TRUE hi-speed internet connection?

-O

I used Speedtest.net just to do some ping tests to their SF, Dallas, and Atlanta servers. Got ping times of 218ms, 590ms, and 589ms, respectively. Since ping time to the west coast is normal at a little over 200ms, I'm going to assume the slower ping to Dallas and Atlanta is caused by routing issues "within" the U.S. versus some undersea cable problem in western Pacific. I'm in Bangkok on True DOCSIS (cable).

I used Speedtest.net just to do some ping tests to their SF, Dallas, and Atlanta servers. Got ping times of 218ms, 590ms, and 589ms, respectively. Since ping time to the west coast is normal at a little over 200ms, I'm going to assume the slower ping to Dallas and Atlanta is caused by routing issues "within" the U.S. versus some undersea cable problem in western Pacific. I'm in Bangkok on True DOCSIS (cable).

My ping's to SF are 305ms, 447ms .. Global Ping Statistics average 281.75 ms to SF. I could not find the average ping stat for Dallas, but for Austin Texas it is 251.05ms, my pings to Dallas are 335ms, 457ms.

I get about the same results if I use my VPN, or without it.

I will see if I can get a TRUE technician out to check my line?

-O

Can you ping the server?

Unplug your router for 15-30 mins so it disconnects from the local exchange.

Plug it back in.

Reboot your PC if its far between restarts.

If you fail to connect after this, post the error code your trading platform gives when connecting.

(Do you use a 3rd party firewall? If so check that, if not, don't worry)

Edited by Sayonarax

Pattaya...........downloads on Usenet have come to virtual standstill............also utorrent...............on 16mb True connection, had problems for 10 days or so due to cable damage then 3 days all ok, now last 2 days back to same old problem......................

Can access all websites ok just seems to be the download side of things...............

Edited by thaiflyer1

Can you ping the server?

Unplug your router for 15-30 mins so it disconnects from the local exchange.

Plug it back in.

Reboot your PC if its far between restarts.

If you fail to connect after this, post the error code your trading platform gives when connecting.

(Do you use a 3rd party firewall? If so check that, if not, don't worry)

Thanks Sayonarax, followed the above instructions and got the same slow results. However the TRUE technician arrived with a free new Billion router .. Plugged it in and wala

Back to normal. Seems that I should have figured it out, but I was too " jai lon".

-o

Thanks Sayonarax, followed the above instructions and got the same slow results. However the TRUE technician arrived with a free new Billion router .. Plugged it in and wala

Back to normal. Seems that I should have figured it out, but I was too " jai lon".

-o

I had exactly the same problem and I've found the solution ! (you don't need to change your router)

- go to the setting of your router, with firefox/IE go to 192.168.1.1

- user = admin & password = password

- desactive/disable the firewall protection, save

Problem solved :)

-o

I had exactly the same problem and I've found the solution ! (you don't need to change your router)

- go to the setting of your router, with firefox/IE go to 192.168.1.1

- user = admin & password = password

- desactive/disable the firewall protection, save

Problem solved smile.png

Spellforce I'm not quite sure I understand what your suggestion does? Are you saying that my router has it's own firewall protection, aside from the firewalls that exist in my browser applications? I have been using my browsers with disabled firewalls for sometime now?

-O