Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats

Lite Beer

One of the biggest factors in starting the Arab spring was social media.

Do not under estimate the power social media has to rally the people together, do not go down the same path Thailand, people do not like being silenced and will find a way to express there views.

I am a big supporter of freedom of speech, but what is missing in many people is self control. The ability to think before you type. Make no mistake I am guilty as any.

For example, there are two reasons I would not make comments like yours.

Firstly, the Arab Spring is now sprung, and all it seems to have left in it's wake is chaos and disorder. Kinda like they threw the baby out with the bathwater?

Secondly, under the current circumstances discussing revolution is only going to add to their ammunition that posters are here to undermine their authority and spread dissent. Neither is true, but if there is enough sway they could block sites using (very soon to be amended) computer crime laws. Why make it easy for them...

So, I am not trying to suppress you, or even take issue with you - I am merely stating a missing feature of social media is decorum.

Are you trying to take away all the fun posters have? Thai bashing is the national Thai Visa sport. With out it many would be lost.tongue.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!! alt=w00t.gif>

Just thought that was worth reposting.

So when all else fails...........use threats and fear..... Try it and see what happens on social media.

It is a social media used to say any thing you want with no evidence to back you up.

To be blunt about it a media to share bar room stories and theories on with out having to face the audience.

Unlucky Its called freedom of speech and critical thinking,and btw the same experts and police and officials and all manner of professionals use social media just like the rest.

How wrong you are and right too,local newspapers or news media is no different or RTP interviews that turn out to be BS or even official whitehouse statements for that matter, ie weapons of mass destruction, credibility is sometimes absent in all.

Social media is as bad and also no worse. It is BS to try to claim everything on social media is a lie any more than claiming governments always tell the truth.

If you think muzzling social media is a good idea why dont you just delete your account here now ?

Funny I said nothing about muzzling social media. I merely stated it is a way to trade bar room stories with out any thing to back them up. Unlike in the press where you have to let people know who you are.

I agree it is unlucky that it is called freedom of speech. That is how the issues get twisted all around. It would be nice to see freedom of speech only allowed only when it is reasonable.

Also I did not say every thing on social media is a lie. I said it is an opportunity to trade bar stories. I should have mentioned that they are anonymous unlike the press. Some of them are true. They are not all false.

Ask your self would you make these claims with your name in the Bangkok Post.

They are just trying to cover their <deleted>.

They know they are in the wrong, they know what they have done and now they are threatening people speaking against them.

But the voice coming from the Thais and the foreigners is too loud and they will not be able to supress it.

The truth will come out one day, either they like it or not.

Yes, but in true thai style the truth will never be known in Thailand.

- Saudi gems case (23 years and counting) Suspects and rumours aplenty, but zip.......

- Chalerm's "driver/son" shooting someone in a pub (around 19 years and counting) zip...

- the red bull brat (2 years?? ? zip....

and countless other cases.

Maybe it explains why some police chiefs are USD multi millionaires

• Like 1

Gonna be like a ghost town here.

How can the Thai legal system function without all these keyboard warrior s**thouse lawyers?

"I know! I know! It was Colonel Mustard in the parlor with a candlestick! And they're trying to cover it up!!!!!!"

Y'all are hilarious.

Ima make a big batch of popcorn and wait for some of you to pony up the dosh for that 'independent investigation' Ive been reading so much about.

Should happen any millenium now.

I have not seen any international news agency having any references to this claim.

But, IF the Deputy Police Commissioner-General Pol Col Somyos Pumphanmuang,
on behalf of the Royal Thai Police, will
charge people for criticising the police, then
he is in utter contempt of the Universal Human Rights and the joint ASEAN declaration
of human rights signed by the representatives of the government on behalf of the
Kingdom of Thailand.

I can guarantee, that will have a much bigger effect on Thailand's economy than
any faux pass about bikinis. Now IF General Pol Col Somyos Pumphanmuang
did make that statement and acts accordingly, I feel he is the one tarnishing
the reputation and economic stability of the Kingdom of Thailand more than any
blogger could do.

Now I hope Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha can clarify the stance of his government
on this issue.

http://www.asean.org/news/asean-statement-communiques/item/asean-human-rights-declaration

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 1

Consider this the growing pains of finally trying to have a reputable police force. The RTP need to dig itself out of the hole after years of corruption and coercion. This phase of doubting by the public will hopefully be diminished over time.

• Like 1

I have not seen any international news agency having any references to this claim.

But, IF the Deputy Police Commissioner-General Pol Col Somyos Pumphanmuang,

on behalf of the Royal Thai Police, will charge people for criticising the police, then

he is in utter contempt of the Universal Human Rights and the joint ASEAN declaration

of human rights signed by the representatives of the government on behalf of the

Kingdom of Thailand.

Since when have the RTP been concerned about Rights?

Coercive tactics are common, these 2 Burmese were interrogated for 10 hours in a "safe house" without an appointed lawyer nor a Burmese Embassy representative, regular enactments of crimes in front of the media are the norm.

Especially now, when Martial law is still in place, they can censor whatever they like.

What's more important, Face is at jeopardy - the Top Cop has declared Success, and the PM has said that a Reward will be made.

In summary, they care not for, and will stamp on, the Liberals' bleeding hearts ...

• Like 1

To the Royal Thai Police,

Charge me with criminal defamation for the following statememt (and any or all other statements I have made publically). I know you are corrupt and dishonest to such an extreme it is almost unbelievable, and have deflected the "investigation" from the actual killers and you do know who they are and are protecting them from prosecution. Your past crimes run the gamut from petty theft up to and including premeditated murder.

To protect less than animals such as these who are capable of such terrible mutilations and murders makes you just as bad or worse.

I dare you to charge me, do your best. And good luck with that too.

• Like 1

Please be careful fellow TV members, I implore you!

Three days ago now already we were warned, "“The police are doing their job. If the police hear your accusation, they will be sad," Gen. Prawit said.

Now, they are not only sad but have become angered! In this current state they have announced a new law in Thailand, thou shalt not accuse the police of using scapegoats.

(Not to be confused of course with the Kiwi law of similar wording/reference!)goof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLm.gif This crime is not subject to any statute of limitations and carries with it a severe penalty in addition to (needless to say) a hefty fine! ( That Kiwi law I believe had a stiff fine....not hefty...rolleyes.gif )

Further laws to be added to the penal code of Thailand currently under review are 1) thou shalt not call the police names (2) thou shalt not exclude the police from any games and I believe a further addition has already occurred although not certain on this (3) thou shalt not accuse police of planting evidence.

So please, please, be careful!

.cheesy.gif

No, I don't know why I'm bashing Kiwi's today, been hanging out with my Aussie friends lately I guess! ??

Edited by djhotsox
  • Like 1

well, theyve gone through the denial phase (how can you doubt us?), now its anger (how dare you doubt us?), so i assume next its bargaining.

Come on guys, just drop it. We realise some things in the RTP need reform, but lets not use this case as a red flag to demand change. After these criminals have been found guilty in a court of law we promise there will be an internal investigation and reforms of the way our local forces operate. We realise mistakes in the handling of this case have been made, but we have the right people in this instance. The international spotlight really has highlighted we need to change some practices and improve certain aspects of our training. We're here to serve and protect, just lets accept that this one is done so we can carry out those essential reforms in the right environment of love and trust.

Edited by inutil
  • Like 1

OOPS!

I forgot I was in a country where it is a crime to " insult an official"!

I now think the BIB have done a great job!

Keep up the good work men!

Thanks for everything you do to make Thailand a safe place for all of us!!

I don't have Facebook/Twitter or such like, and have no idea what CSI La is all about. Just follow this forum at times.

However, for any Thai's who might read this thread all I have to say is this.

Usually the UK cops ask for the public's assistance in solving major murder crimes. (Just had a recent example of the Latvian guy and the poor young girl that was murdered.)

The Thai cops seem to be saying that the public should keep out of this, they (RTP) know what they are doing.

That is the fundamental difference in my view.

Thailand is in danger of sliding further down a slippery slope if this continues.

• Like 1

This is unbelievable. With all the pressure from AROUND the world. Why not just ease everyone's tension with an independent test? Seems simple enough to me. Everyone knows the police have had a bad track record so why not just let someone do a couple simple swabs of the suspects and put most of the issues to rest? This is really looking horrible for Thailand.

99% of all the BS posted on CSI LA is a joke with no actual proof of anything.

pretty sure they had the independent test at the start of the investigation, when first tested their DNA didnt match, only matched after they brought them in the second time

• Like 1

They are just trying to cover their <deleted>.

They know they are in the wrong, they know what they have done and now they are threatening people speaking against them.

But the voice coming from the Thais and the foreigners is too loud and they will not be able to supress it.

The truth will come out one day, either they like it or not.

In this case they should put a hold on the 6 new airports their planning to build and build same 100 Super Upsize Jails instead to accommodate these " Guilty " individuals speaking their mind. cheesy.gif

They will not be needing these airports after all as everyone will be rotting in jail....laugh.png

So will they also have to close down all Tourist destinations and open up some shops in the jails so the Tourist can spend their money " inside " lockdown....cheesy.gif

Who knows... the Tourist might be safer inside than outside....

What a load of BS..

Edited by CapeThai