Do I have to buy a new re-entry permit?

I am off to CW later to extend my Single Non-O (60 days based on having child). My current visa is valid to 5th November and Multiple re-entry to 3rd Nov.

My question is if I receive 60 day extension, will I have to purchase new Re-entry permit or will this be extended as well....

Many Thanks

Thanks Joe....more money to spend...sad.png

That's why I do not see the point of people rushing to pay for a re-entry permit as if it was indispensable.

For most urgent / unexpected travel one leaves from the airport where the re-entry permit is available 24/7.

That's why I do not see the point of people rushing to pay for a re-entry permit as if it was indispensable.

For most urgent / unexpected travel one leaves from the airport where the re-entry permit is available 24/7.

He has a multiple re-entry permit. This makes sense for those who travel frequently, but will unavoidably eventually expire.

He has a multiple re-entry permit. This makes sense for those who travel frequently, but will unavoidably eventually expire.

Even worst... 3,800 Bt to the bin, it's a poor upgrade to a 90 days visa.

I hadn't done enough research into the multiple-entry permit as I had (mistakenly) thought this would have been automatically extended if I had got a visa extension. A lesson learned. Unfortunately (again) for me, I had turned up today at CW after lunch to extend my visa and get a new (single) Re-entry permit. I left with nothing being 160+ in the queue with number 60+ being called at 2pm. Early morning rise tomorrow.

Is the re-entry permit only good for 1 trip on a multi trip OA?If you go out twice or more in a year,do you have to get re-entry permit every trip?

Are you talking about a valid multi-entry non imm O-A visa issued by an embassy or consulate?? or are you on an extension of stay issued by Immigrations?

If you have non-imm O-A visa (check the expiration/"use-by" date printed on the visa), you don't need a re-entry permit. Once the visa expires, if you still have time left on your permission to stay from immigrations or you're on an extension of stay from immigrations, you need to get a re-entry permit if you want to exit and return without losing your immigrations status. You decide if you want to pay for a single or a multiple re-entry permit. Either one will expire when your current permission or extension expires.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

+1

I buy a multi-reentry permit when I get my extension. So convenient!

Just my 2 cents

thumbsup.gif

Paz

Just for insurance, for example if your taxi has a flat tire on the way to the airport, you arrive with barely enough time to check in, then hit security. One less thing to worry about.

Mac

• Like 1

Short answer YES.

Get a multiple re entry as soon as get 1 year visa renewed. Then you can come & go as often as you like

during that period. Bht 3,800. Single re entry means exactly what it says, one time only.

If you leave without this re entry the visa process needs to start all over again

I feel it is better to have the multi re-entry in the passport as soon as I get the extension.

I know I will be leaving the country during the year, but I am also ready to go in an emergency........ or a whim, without messing around more at the airport having pictures procured or whatever else Somchai throws at me when he knows I am in a hurry and the permit is obligatory.

I am dragging luggage around and likely not inclined to stand in yet another line.

• 7 months later...

Just to be clear, and because I have not yet done this..... If I obtain a Non-o based on marriage and only pay for single entry (at Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles), I can come and go without problem for the first year or did I misread that?

There is an option for purchase of multi entry on the application, however instructions indicate you must have all in and out travel booked.

I was going to buy the multi entry,as I will be in and out of country at least twice in the first year, probably 3 times. If I have to get the single entry at the time of application because I do not have further travel booked, I can get multi entry for 3800 baht at the airport? Thanks for the help for this newbie!!

Just to be clear, and because I have not yet done this..... If I obtain a Non-o based on marriage and only pay for single entry (at Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles), I can come and go without problem for the first year or did I misread that?

There is an option for purchase of multi entry on the application, however instructions indicate you must have all in and out travel booked.

I was going to buy the multi entry,as I will be in and out of country at least twice in the first year, probably 3 times. If I have to get the single entry at the time of application because I do not have further travel booked, I can get multi entry for 3800 baht at the airport? Thanks for the help for this newbie!!

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. The OP got a multiple re-entry permit that was only valid for 90 days.

A single entry non-o only gives one 90 day entry. That entry can be extend for one year by applying for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at an immigration office. Then a a multiple re-entry permit can be obtained to keep the one year extension valid it you want to travel.

In your case the extension of stay would be better than a multiple entry visa if you can meet the financial requirement of 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. A single re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht verses 3800 baht for a multiple one would better for you if you only leave the country twice.

A multiple entry non-o visa gives unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You have to leave the country for a new entry every 90 days. I have never heard of or read of any embassy or consulate wanting tickets out of the country to apply for this visa. Perhaps you were reading the requirements for a tourist visa.

Getting a re-entry permit at the airport is very straightforward and only takes about 20 minutes or less. Unless you get a multiple entry permit when you get your extension, which is a waste of money unless you know you will do 4 or more trips a year, the airport is far less hassle than a trip out to CW and the long waits there.

Last time I went through the airport there were about 50 people waiting at the re entry permit counter. I'd rather not take the risk of getting stuck in that queue. If you travel frequently, getting a multi is a no brainer.

Getting a re-entry permit at the airport is very straightforward and only takes about 20 minutes or less. Unless you get a multiple entry permit when you get your extension, which is a waste of money unless you know you will do 4 or more trips a year, the airport is far less hassle than a trip out to CW and the long waits there.

Last time I went through the airport there were about 50 people waiting at the re entry permit counter. I'd rather not take the risk of getting stuck in that queue. If you travel frequently, getting a multi is a no brainer.

In addition, locating the re-entry permit desk at BKK is much easier said than done in my experience. Certainly that particular desk, as well as the officers who were supposedly manning it, had mastered the art of complete invisibility the last few times I exited through Immigration there!

Absolutely for frequent travellers.

In addition, locating the re-entry permit desk at BKK is much easier said than done in my experience. Certainly that particular desk, as well as the officers who were supposedly manning it, had mastered the art of complete invisibility the last few times I exited through Immigration there!

They are located at the south immigration area if you are leaving thru the north immigration then they will not be there.

Is the re-entry permit only good for 1 trip on a multi trip OA?If you go out twice or more in a year,do you have to get re-entry permit every trip?

Louise if you have a O-A multiply entry visa then you can come and go the first year without a re-entry permit but you will need to purchase one for the second year of your non-O-A visa. A few days before your visa expires make a border run and you will be stamped in for one year giving you 2 years on your multiply entry.