Phuket: Ex-mayor's death causes 'mafia' case postponement

webfact

PHUKET: Ex-mayor’s death causes 'mafia' case postponement
Saran Mitrarat

1412752564_1-org.jpg
Pian Keesin.

PHUKET: -- The Patong ‘mafia’ case has been postponed because of the sudden death of the former Mayor of Patong, Pian Keesin.

Pian died just one day before police were expected to conclude the mafia case and inform the public prosecutor of its conclusion. Police have now withdrawn Pian’s case, while the other suspects will still go ahead and be sent to the public prosecutor.

“The conclusion of the case was originally planned to be transferred this morning. The case investigators agreed to bring chrages against all suspects,” Maj Gen Paween Pongsirin told The Phuket News.

“However, because of Pian’s unexpected death yesterday, we have to correct some of the documents to remove Pian from the case and postpone the date,” he added.

“According to Criminal Procedure Code section 39, if a suspect dies, the right to bring the action against the suspect can be retracted. In Pian’s case, we have to attach the death certificate, examination and autopsy report as well as the case files, which are being used to remove the deceased from the case,” he explained.

But police insist on suing the other remaining suspects involved.

“However, it should be carried out after Pian's funeral. Pian's sons are also on the list of suspects, so but is important we give them the opportunity to help with the funeral,” Gen Paween explained.

“We will then transfer the case to the public prosecutor immediately afterwards,” he added.

However, the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) have different laws regarding the death of a person. They plan to continue investigating Pain's properties.

Chanchai Pongpasson, Director of Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) Litigation Division 3 confirmed to The Phuket News that Pian's death does not affect the AMLO investigation.

“All evidence must be approved by AMLO before taking further action into each case,” he said.

“All the assets that concern Pian Keesin, Prab Keesin and colleagues will need to be verified,” he added.

Additional reporting by Tanyaluk Sakoot.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ex-mayor%E2%80%99s-death-causes-%E2%80%98mafia%E2%80%99-case-postponement-49048.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-08

I think that an 'absolute' confirmation of the identity of the body should be made!!! I make a connection here with the case of 'Kamnan Poh' in Chon Buri - a convicted man and is allegedly under guard at Chon Buri Hospital but had his birthday party recently at his home!!! Strange really!! Why wasn't the 'party' held at the hospital???

Are they sure that the bodies identified are who they really are , or did or did not DNA tests need to be done on the bodies to be sure,

to prove that's who really died....It still could be easy to pay off someone or many and the ex-mayor could disappear to a safer place like Thaksin is doing......It's a possibility , strange things have been know to happen in LoS , especially Phuket !

All you need is 2 look alike bodies.....I am sorry but it is getting scary to see all this stuff being dealt with by the Military , after 28 years of "Let's Make a Deal" !

I hear people asking , how long will it last, or can it last without any one paying any body off for any thing in any Province ???

Where is Monti Hall when we need his advise on which Door to pick !

attachicon.gifdownload (80).jpg

http://movieclips.com/Dj7d-charade-movie-mr-lamperts-funeral/

I think that an 'absolute' confirmation of the identity of the body should be made!!! I make a connection here with the case of 'Kamnan Poh' in Chon Buri - a convicted man and is allegedly under guard at Chon Buri Hospital but had his birthday party recently at his home!!! Strange really!! Why wasn't the 'party' held at the hospital???

Why ask.....he's paid so much for his infamy.........he deserves special treatment........

Hope he falls in the bathroom also!

Maybe I've missed the relevant articles but I have yet to read anywhere the cause of his death. Can anyone enlighten me please.

Again...why worry.....he's gone now..and all the better for Phuket..........BUT.......someone will take his place!

Is there to be a postmortem? When are the results likely to be known? Until then I wish your bloggers would resist the temptation to blog for the sake of showing how SMART they are.