Freshly cooked: 7-Eleven's quest to conquer Thailand?

webfact

CP clearly proudly and clearly states on almost all (95%) of it's ready-made food packages that "MSG was used to adjust the taste" in Thai of course. Now I understand that most of the restaurants and street vendors use MSG (and lots of it). So I usually go with the ones that clearly say they don't use MSG (ผงชูรส as they call it).

A very good move by 7/11.

Freshly cooked food for very reasonable prices.

Definitely, I will be one of their first customers when it comes to my area.

I believe they observe more to hygiene matters than the street vendors.

By the way...........I like their burgers.

So a slap up meal for you is McDonalds?

WOW, one stop shop, pay phone and electric, beer and booze, snacks, and now fresh cooked main meals.

Found every 200 meters in every town and city. There must be more 7-11's in Thailand than the USA. thumbsup.gif

The indisputable argument against MSG is that it is used to emulate the taste of quality protein. So the main use is to use cheap low quality and let MSG do the trick that the customer doesn't feel it.

Most typical example is ham. Add a lot water and thickener + seasoning and MSG and the customer will buy 50% added water to the price of real ham.

Not an health problem, but a low quality and cheating.

The indisputable argument against MSG is that it is used to emulate the taste of quality protein. So the main use is to use cheap low quality and let MSG do the trick that the customer doesn't feel it.

Most typical example is ham. Add a lot water and thickener + seasoning and MSG and the customer will buy 50% added water to the price of real ham.

Not an health problem, but a low quality and cheating.

You're right. I don't mind a bit of MSG in my meal. The problem is that usually MSG is used to cover up the horrible taste or quality of the food. I used to have a lot of CP stuff and honestly they're delicious. But I never thought they use MSG unless recently that I noticed they mentioned using "Monosodium glutamate" not "MSG" not "pong choo rot" in a tricky way somewhere outside the usual ingredients box. That looks like cheating to me! God knows what actually they're putting into that package and sell it for 35 bahts and still make a good profit!

A very good move by 7/11.

Freshly cooked food for very reasonable prices.

Definitely, I will be one of their first customers when it comes to my area.

I believe they observe more to hygiene matters than the street vendors.

By the way...........I like their burgers.

Once staff bought a burger from them, I had to throw it away......I can't understand how someone who was raised with delicious Greek food can lower himself so much to eat that.

You don't see it... Costas likes every post on TV.... he's just a funny guy....

In today's modern society freshly cooked can mean 5 minutes in the microwave.

Well you are correct for Thailand. That is a statement of what I believe to be fact. Not meant as a derogatory statement against Thailand

How ever I think that is not true in all countries.

Be that as it may or may not be. My thought was that they certainly have enough employee's in the store's to do it.

Might prove to be a good idea.wai.gif

Well studies have shown that for the majority of people that is true. How ever unfounded rumors seem to have a way of hanging around after the best before date is dead and buried.

WOW, one stop shop, pay phone and electric, beer and booze, snacks, and now fresh cooked main meals.

Found every 200 meters in every town and city. There must be more 7-11's in Thailand than the USA. thumbsup.gif

Almost. Japan has the most stores. U.S. is next. And Thailand is number 3.

7-Eleven has many more stores than McDonald's.

7-Eleven was started by a family in Texas and sold to the Japanese.

I consulted for them years ago. Essentially, their business is about one thing - convenience.

I don't like frozen food in Thailand, today it is frozen but maybe yesterday not.

Check in the supermarkets the frozen fry's, the top bags are always defrosted. If you tell that to the manager then still nothing changes.

In Makro i saw them fill up the freezers with defrosted frozen food.

• Like 1