April International Expatriate insurance in South-East Asia

oMega69

I have used them for about 4 years....first two years renewal there were some hefty increases but these are applied to everyone....not individually. My only big gripe with them is that the bank fees associated with insurance reimbursements are ridiculously high.,,like 11%. I am American, pay premium in dollars, reimbursement in dollars to Thai FX dollar account. They say they can't send a check. Coverage has been good though with no disputes,

I have used them for about 4 years....first two years renewal there were some hefty increases but these are applied to everyone....not individually. My only big gripe with them is that the bank fees associated with insurance reimbursements are ridiculously high.,,like 11%. I am American, pay premium in dollars, reimbursement in dollars to Thai FX dollar account. They say they can't send a check. Coverage has been good though with no disputes,

oKey. Yes i know they premiums are raising every year , but still cheap for that coverage .

Thank for your inputs !

oKey. Yes i know they premiums are raising every year , but still cheap for that coverage .

Thank for your inputs !

I just had a look at their General conditions - no payment of medical expenses unless under 55 sad.png

Thank for your inputs !

I just had a look at their General conditions - no payment of medical expenses unless under 55 sad.png

I don't think that is true. Do you have a link please.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just had a look at their General conditions - no payment of medical expenses unless under 55

It's definitely not true...I am 65 and have been with April for about 4 1/2 yr..they have paid all claims submitted

I thought it was strange but unless I am misunderstanding -

http://en.april-international.com/global/asia-expat-cover-insurance - general Conditions pdf and point 4 -

4. WHO IS COVERED BY THE POLICY?

To be covered by the insurance, Youmust:

• be a citizen of any country other than France (family members of the Principal insuredmay be French nationals),

• be at the Effective date of the policy:

- under 71 years old for repatriation assistance benefits,

- under 55 years old for medical expenses benefits,

I think it's kind of expensive. My quote for full medical was 5880 a year. That's more than the USA with blue shield. But there is no deductible that I saw, maybe that's why it's so high. Btw, I'm 54 no problems.

Edited by inzman

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just had a look at their General conditions - no payment of medical expenses unless under 55

It's definitely not true...I am 65 and have been with April for about 4 1/2 yr..they have paid all claims submitted

I thought it was strange but unless I am misunderstanding -

http://en.april-international.com/global/asia-expat-cover-insurance - general Conditions pdf and point 4 -

4. WHO IS COVERED BY THE POLICY?

To be covered by the insurance, Youmust:

• be a citizen of any country other than France (family members of the Principal insuredmay be French nationals),

• be at the Effective date of the policy:

- under 71 years old for repatriation assistance benefits,

- under 55 years old for medical expenses benefits,

Thanks, just had a look.

What they say is that at the time you start the policy you have to be under 55 years old. I don't know how they underwrite/accept people, but I would presume this means that they don'r accept people over that age or are at least very difficult there. And if they do accept people over 55 years, to be eligible for medical expenses cover that has to be explicitly mentioned on the policy to override this specific clause.

So you were around 60 years old when you were accepted for coverage.

Thanks, just had a look.

What they say is that at the time you start the policy you have to be under 55 years old. I don't know how they underwrite/accept people, but I would presume this means that they don'r accept people over that age or are at least very difficult there. And if they do accept people over 55 years, to be eligible for medical expenses cover that has to be explicitly mentioned on the policy to override this specific clause.

Maybe between Searat signing up and now, they have adjusted the terms and conditions from say 60 years to 55 years. Anyone fully subscribed before the changes would either have their coverage grandfathered or as mentioned already, must have the coverage explicitly stated.

Always pays to read the small print!

Edited by NanLaew