A great hamburger in Pattaya

mogo51

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best burgers in Thailand is probably at Hippopotamus restaurant in Central Festival 8th floor. .

http://www.hippopotamusthailand.com/

You can check out our reviews elsewhere here on TV, As a good number 2 Carls Jr. Central 3rd floor.

They are not the cheapest 200 + but you asked for the best burgers and they are on that "exclusive" list.

After all , this is Thailand, and anything close to the "real deal" is acceptable.

10422452_802804826421370_642466282844721

Edited by balo

Must check out the Hippopotamus .

It looks pretty good.

It is a shame they don't have a really good gourmet burger place in Pattaya.

Grilld which is a franchise in Oz makes fantastic burgers and chips and would kill it here but it would cost a bit more than 200baht more like 300 /350.

The Hippo burger is OK for Thailand.

They pimp it up, but what about the beef?

Frankly the beef doesn't have the grilled beef flavor the best burgers have that you get at a middle level chain like Five Guys in the U.S.

Is the Hippo beef better than Carl's ?

The beef in Carls is not bad although I don't particularly like the bun or the dressings.

I really think a good gourmet burger would do well if people were prepared to pay for it.

I like the extra stuff you get at Hippo, the choice of two sides and two sauces, that makes it a "gourmet" burger by Thailand standards.

But the beef and the bun just aren't quite there.

I agree to a certain extent but for me the meat patty must be imported beef from Australia, America, etc and with the proper fat content (18-22%). The best burgers I have had in Pattaya are at the Havana and Hard Rock Cafe but the prices charged will be a downer for many here. I used to like Beef Eater until they started "extending" the (100%) beef patty.

I like the extra stuff you get at Hippo, the choice of two sides and two sauces, that makes it a "gourmet" burger by Thailand standards.

But the beef and the bun just aren't quite there.

I agree to a certain extent but for me the meat patty must be imported beef from Australia, America, etc and with the proper fat content (18-22%). The best burgers I have had in Pattaya are at the Havana and Hard Rock Cafe but the prices charged will be a downer for many here. I used to like Beef Eater until they started "extending" the (100%) beef patty.

I guess some of the big hotels would have good hamburgers. And I reckon you probably are going to have to pay around 500 baht to get good quality imported beef and some nice sides and extras.

That is roughly the same price you would pay for a gourmet burger meal in Australia anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the soi dianna ones a while ago,prefer the thai lady/stall insoi 7 or 8 , 2nd road end, always good, if she's still there, I haven't been to the cesspool in over a year.

regards B.B.coffee1.gif

. The Cesspool is Full, Please Stay Away...

I've been back two times for the 199 Hippo burger promotion. (Now three times total.)

Well, something has changed from the first time.

The portion of blue cheese on the blue cheese choice has radically shrunk.

The beef portion is still small.

They ask how it's cooked and I said medium but what I got was blood soaked red bun. Disgusting.

I really should have sent it back and I reckon they would have redone it but that's on me.

I won't be back for that but if go and you don't want a blood burger suggests you just say NO BLOOD!

Also when you add a drink and of course PLUS PLUS considering their portion control adjustments, I don't really see this promotion as such a great DEAL anymore.

Edited by Jingthing

Well the Owners must be reading TVF, Staff could not be more Hospitable , they told me you can Mix and Match, Burger and Chicken sandwiches for Friday Promo 2 for 1, Great Deal,Chili Fries were Damn Good Too...Everything Hot Also.

Edited by Dannyboy666

I am quite particular about burgers and often go to Bangkok just for gourmet burgers. I am not talking about small diner burgers (Just Burgers, etc) or fast food but a truly gourmet burger. So far the Havana at the Holiday Inn cuts the mustard, comes with cole slaw, onion rings, fries too. Someone mentioned the Marriott but per the staff they use local beef and Beefeater started using fillers on my last two visits.

I am quite particular about burgers and often go to Bangkok just for gourmet burgers. I am not talking about small diner burgers (Just Burgers, etc) or fast food but a truly gourmet burger. So far the Havana at the Holiday Inn cuts the mustard, comes with cole slaw, onion rings, fries too. Someone mentioned the Marriott but per the staff they use local beef and Beefeater started using fillers on my last two visits.

You often go to Bangkok just for a burger ?

You lead an interesting life

Mrs NL and I have been known to fly to Udon for lunch and my favorite kwetiau or her favorite khao man gai. These low-cost carriers are really handy for that and back in time to collect master NL from school.... and take him to McDonalds.

[last minute edit to mention (some sort of) burger since some people appear upset]

Edited by NanLaew

I TRIED THE OZ BURGER ONCE AND THE BUNS WERE SO BIG AND THE BEEF SO SMALL I NEVER WENT BACK THE BURGERS AT DENMARK ARE BETTER AND OF COURSE CARLS JR. BURGERS ARE GREAT. IF YOU WANT A GOOD BURGER IT WONT BE FROM OZ THINK ABOUT IT.

Mrs NL and I have been known to fly to Udon for lunch and my favorite kwetiau or her favorite khao man gai. These low-cost carriers are really handy for that and back in time to collect master NL from school.... and take him to McDonalds.

[last minute edit to mention (some sort of) burger since some people appear upset]

. Ridiculous, I hope you own a plane, but to fly Comercially to Udon for Noodles and Chicken and Rice Soup, Unless your going to Noc's Restaurant in Udon... When in California we used to fly Private Aircraft to Harris Ranch in Coalinga , Ca from San Carlos or OC, but I'm talking Steaks, not Bloody Noodles Edited by Dannyboy666

. Ridiculous, I hope you own a plane, but to fly Comercially to Udon for Noodles and Chicken and Rice Soup, Unless your going to Noc's Restaurant in Udon... When in California we used to fly Private Aircraft to Harris Ranch in Coalinga , Ca from San Carlos or OC, but I'm talking Steaks, not Bloody Noodles

When I lived in Udon, I used to fly to Bangkok for a burger.

Now that is sorted out, where do you go for a great hamburger in Pattaya?

. Ridiculous, I hope you own a plane, but to fly Comercially to Udon for Noodles and Chicken and Rice Soup, Unless your going to Noc's Restaurant in Udon... When in California we used to fly Private Aircraft to Harris Ranch in Coalinga , Ca from San Carlos or OC, but I'm talking Steaks, not Bloody Noodles

When I lived in Udon, I used to fly to Bangkok for a burger.

Now that is sorted out, where do you go for a great hamburger in Pattaya?

I go to Havana (Holiday Inn) or second choice, Hard Rock Cafe. In Bangkok, the Firehouse or second choice El Gaucho (very expensive) or Shuffles.