Work Permit and working for more than one school ?

I have a WP working for a government school. I only work 3 days a week but I am considered full time.

If I wanted to work in a second school on the other 2 days be it a government or a private school is there a problem in having the second employer added to the WP or a second WP issued ?

I ask because during a recent discussion with a farlang he claims it is impossible ?! ....... I have tried to contact the local labour office but so far have had no response.

has anyone been in a similar situation or know for certainty the laws in this situation

thanks

It is possible to have a 2nd employer added to a work permit, It requires permission from the employer that got your work permit to do it. The 2nd employer and the job must meet all the requirements to get a work permit.

I have read of rare cases where a person was working in different provinces and was able to get a 2nd work permit.

• Like 1

It is possible to have a 2nd employer added to a work permit, It requires permission from the employer that got your work permit to do it. The 2nd employer and the job must meet all the requirements to get a work permit.

I have read of rare cases where a person was working in different provinces and was able to get a 2nd work permit.

thanks Ubonjoe

I thought this was the case - otherwise it makes no sense enforcing the WP requirements. In my case the two jobs are in the same province and would be covered by the same labour office - they would be no problem getting consent from the first employer

Are two work permits, one for each job, not generally allowed?

And while I think about it, just for interest, is there an issue in living in one province and obtaining a work permit in another?

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Are two work permits, one for each job, not generally allowed?

And while I think about it, just for interest, is there an issue in living in one province and obtaining a work permit in another?

You cannot have 2 work permits issued in the same province. If in the same province the 2nd job has to be added on to the existing work permit.

Work permits are issued based upon where you are working not living. There are many people that live in one province and work in another.