Koh Tao revival planned

webfact

"Koh Tao has been a favorite place of mine for more than a decade

Murder and Rape island Koh Tao will be very famous now
Murder and rape happens everywhere.

Yes that's true JD, but the crime itself isn't what's central in this or many other threads. It's the RTP's handling of the crime. There isn't a Thai that I know who believes that the police aren't covering it up.

My Thai friends have questions as do I. None of them think that anyone other than the burmese guys did it. They question the legality of the investigation. They and I think it will all come out in the trial."

Let's hope so

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all these comments inspire me for my upcoming depature to Koh Tao in November sad.png

Not forget to give your personal information to your attorney.

It makes the job easier for the forensic later.

A handwritten testament would be fine too smile.png

Haven't got an attorney, I'll just let my mum know.

No surprise there!

Haha whats that supposed to mean?

Well all these comments inspire me for my upcoming depature to Koh Tao in November sad.png

LOL..

you are probably safer in KT than wherever you are now

LOL..

Windsor & Maidenhead Council office is a hive of criminal activity, I carry a weapon at all times tongue.png

• Like 1

Who is the TCT? Isn't this TAT's job?

The TCT will ask airlines operating flights to the South and hotels on the island to offer special packages at attractive prices to lure visitors to the island.

I would very suspicious of being lured anywhere.

The TCT are a private organisation who represent the likes of the airlines and are the go between of government and tourist related industry. They are asking the airlines to produce cheaper tickets and also asking the government to produce an action plan. These are both good ideas.

TAT are just a promotional authority, the best you could hope for them to produce is some pretty pictures of the beach, which will presumably be part of the forthcoming government action plan as a part of what I read into the TCT saying is, 'get TAT to do something'.

The TCT will ask airlines operating flights to the South and hotels on the island to offer special packages at attractive prices to lure visitors to the island.

The TCT are a private organisation who represent the likes of the airlines and are the go between of government and tourist related industry. They are asking the airlines to produce cheaper tickets and also asking the government to produce an action plan. These are both good ideas.

TAT are just a promotional authority, the best you could hope for them to produce is some pretty pictures of the beach, which will presumably be part of the forthcoming government action plan as a part of what I read into the TCT saying is, 'get TAT to do something'.

Cheaper tickets?

I'm sure that will be top of Bangkok Airways plans for this high season.

Not.

We call this adventure holidays

Where upon arrival, you may be lured down to the beach for a party.

Where upon arrival, you may be lured down to the beach for a party.

Cheaper tickets?

I'm sure that will be top of Bangkok Airways plans for this high season.

Not.

It will be if the bookings are down.

Wow wow wow..... And YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY

This is gonna be interesting now....

Great work to those on Koh Tao who e mailed in. Don't stop now though. Keep e mailing every newspaper around the world. I called u all gutless bastards and it looks like I am going to have to retract that statement. My apologies.

Please don't stop writing

Please send me the link again.

The censorship has removed it.

I would like to published worldwide multiple

How can I get this story,?

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it.

Lord Acton

LOL..

Windsor & Maidenhead Council office is a hive of criminal activity, I carry a weapon at all times tongue.png

Englefield Green boy here. Know Windsor too well. Can get right tasty down at whatever they're calling Mirage now at 3am!!! Maidenhead? People tend to move to Brixton from there for safety reasons. Wife's a Burnham girl....rough streets round there too. I hear somebody did a burnout last year too....

Just be careful who and what you know on KT. Some circles aren't worth it.

I will never visit that island(nor any other island) .

Just out of protest,hope many thousands feel the same .

5000 illegal immigrants and a dodgy police force on Koh Tao ,

i think the other islands are same same .Stay away,not safe.

Visited Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan recently. You get a nasty feeling arriving on both as soon as you see the horrible characters lurking around the pier to fleece tourists and find the taxis (rusty pick-up trucks) are all controlled by the mafia and charge at least B1,000 for a 5 minute taxi ride. If you have ordered the hotel car to pick you up, it will wait for another couple of ferries until it is full, forcing you to take the mafia taxis. Service in many hotels and restaurants is often very poor because it is provided by untrained illegal immigrants who are obviously poorly paid, treated like shit and can't speak a work of Thai. Better call them slave islands than paradise islands. Such a pity given the natural beauty of the islands. Stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

I was a regular visitor to Koh Pha Ngan during the last decade. At first, I liked the less-developed, friendly, laid-back feel of the place. Luckily I only ever passed through Had Rin.

Every time I went I saw changes. There were more and more tourists. There were more and more resorts. The existing resorts became bigger and better resorts. Shops and restaurants sprang up, even some Italian and Indian food in Thong Sala! Prices went up.

The increasing number of tourists saw a lot of expansion and more substantial investment in the island regarding infrastructure, better roads and better connections to the outside world. This influx of money obviously attracted Thais from elsewhere,

There was a deterioration in the attitude of the locals. The songthaew drivers at the pier were less friendly and greedier. The people who worked at the resort that I frequented weren't as friendly.

It had become a different place.

I stopped going.

A common story for any resort destination over time.

Other than by comparison it has naught to do with KT.

I have close friends on KT. We eat out etc but spend our time in the water and evenings at home talking over a glass of good Bourbon...

There are not many places I enjoy more.

I lived in KPN and still love it and often visit, although i always avoided the full moon and all the other parties.

Yes the place is more and more commercial and many locals lost their original attitude, but i am afraid this applies to any tourist destination, where often tourists indulge in inappropriate behaviors.

Nevertheless i acknowledge that police corruption and wrong business practices are widespread and i believe this is a great opportunity to try to curb corruption, improve law enforcement and increase safety for all: tourists, expats and good locals, that are victims as well of the evil kingpins.

Well, I'm going back on my word since Sean MCAnna said he wasn't accusing the headsmens son or sons for the murder. It has to be someone else who has probably fled the island. I now say the headmen and his family are in the clear and apologies aren't enough, they must be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. And now I advise the people to return to Ko tao as it was not the fault of those with influence on the island and they probably threaten Sean cause of the blood stains on his guitar and the reports of him with blood on him the night of the murders. Time to move on, let the police drop the Myanmar suspects charges and continue searching for the real killers. Privacy is needed, due to the proverb too many cooks spoil the broth.

LOL..

Yeah. Probably.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

LOL..

Yeah. Probably.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

You are going back 10 months for that.

With recent events...

LOL..

Yeah. Probably.

With recent events...

Huh??

LOL..

Yeah. Probably.

With recent events...

Huh??

Recent international press exposure would suggest it is unwise to continue this violence (assuming they did not get the right perps. Which I think they may have.)

Another in depth article here following in detail , Burmese this time.

https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/update-710-thailand-2-british-tourists-been-murder-on-sairee-beach-koh-tao/

Yea youd better believe people around the world care whats going on alright

Oaky,

Where are the British Embassy and the FO on this? Two murders, possibly three in the past year, and that's of British people we know about let alone other nationalities and there's no travel warning issued yet?

Edited by MJP

Englefield Green boy here. Know Windsor too well. Can get right tasty down at whatever they're calling Mirage now at 3am!!! Maidenhead? People tend to move to Brixton from there for safety reasons. Wife's a Burnham girl....rough streets round there too. I hear somebody did a burnout last year too....

Just be careful who and what you know on KT. Some circles aren't worth it.

I'm from Stoke originally (the Beruit of the North) but I live in Reading, just work in this ghetto as a Tree Officer for the council.

• Like 1