CURRENT Reqts for Tourist Visa Applications

The website for the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, DC says they require a bank statement with Tourist Visa applications (http://dc.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/Tourist.aspx). The LA Consulate General OTOH (where I'm actually applying) lists no such requirement explicitly (http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=33). Who knows how up-to-date either of these websites are... So IS this in fact a requirement for a single-entry tourist visa now, or not? Not that the amounts listed are a problem, but I'm just not too crazy about spreading things like bank statements around, esp. if they're not really requiring it.

The best thing to do is pick up the telephone and call them to see what their current requirements are. The websites are not updated frequently and might contain out of date info.

The problem with a phonecall is it's not authoritative. The person on the other end says whatever comes into their head, and I've got nothing to show for the conversation. And they're kind of notorious for that. I'd RATHER be hanging my hat on what other current applicants are actually doing. And I don't think it's smart to be scattering personal financial statements about unnecessarily.

UJ's probably right. If the LA Consulate's website, up-to-date or not, has a list of requirements, and a bank statement isn't included on it, then I've got to believe the average applicant is going to be relying on it, and not be sending other stuff he doesn't see listed.