Visa Visit to Hull

I thought i would post details of a recent visit to Hull, for a double entry tourist visa.

No appointments are now required just turn up. mon to fri 0930 to 1600

No postal applications are accepted for any visa's, a non 'o' ( both single and multi entry) will require 2 x visits approval has to be made by the embassy in London, all postal applications via London. I did overhear the lady tell a man (that new everything), that the first 'visit' could be done by email, and that you had to live in the area covered by Hull to apply at Hull, otherwise it should be your local office or London ( he lived in Peterborough and should apply via London) but she would try and summit it to see if London would issue.

Double entry issued no problem £50.00 plus £10 , no proof of flights etc, no proof of any funds

Rules re non 'o' visas ( taken from we site) It would seem no non 'o's to under 65

Married to a Thai national.

Evidence required:
a) Copy of Original Thai Marriage Certificate (front and back).
B) Copy of spouse’s Thai ID Card or Thai Passport showing married name.
c) Copy of latest 3 months Bank Statements (Thai or UK bank) showing regular income of
minimum 65,000 baht (or equivalent in another currency) per month. Bank Statements must
include name and address of visa applicant and address on Bank Statements must be same
as on Visa Application Form. Please bear in mind that it may be necessary to check this
information with the employer.
Either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances.
Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.
Evidence required:
a) Current “DWP Pension Statement” showing receipt of UK State Pension (no minimum
necessary).
Either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances
Visiting Thai child living in Thailand.
Evidence required
a) Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.
B) Proof of having Legal Custody of the child.
Please note that a child is regarded as an adult when attaining 20 years of age.
Either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances.

The 65k baht income requirement for getting a non-o based upon marriage is rubbish. The embassy in London and the other consulates do them with no financial proof.

Also there is no requirement that the embassy approve single entry non immigrant visas. It is only needed for multiple entry visas.

Interesting about requirement for a Non O based on marriage:

"Copy of spouse’s Thai ID Card or Thai Passport showing married name."

I was under the impression that in Thailand women do not now have to adopt the husband's surname, so that could be a further stumbling block.

Or am I mistaken about changing the surname?

The 65k baht income requirement for getting a non-o based upon marriage is rubbish. The embassy in London and the other consulates do them with no financial proof.

Also there is no requirement that the embassy approve single entry non immigrant visas. It is only needed for multiple entry visas.

a link would be nice. i had to rethink the type of visa that i stood a chance of getting

taken from Thai embassy website

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

a link would be nice. i had to rethink the type of visa that i stood a chance of getting

taken from Thai embassy website

Non-Immigrant Type O

• a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

This is the only part that is real out of that if you are married to a Thai.

"Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)

a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse"

We have had many reports on here of the embassy doing them with no financial proff.

Do you think the financial proof is a local regulation or dictated by London?

Do you think the financial proof is a local regulation or dictated by London?

It is an error by Hull. But they are asking for the proof of income while no where else is.

Whilst i was there the lady was talking to some guys and saying that all non'o' are sent to London by fax before issuing and that all require bank statements with the £1,400 per month rule.

Birmingham seem to have no financial rules for non 'o' s but are not taking postal applications - http://www.thailand-visa.com/x.pro/ModShow/ShowPage/30761

I started this thread to let others know what Hull were doing regarding Visas, as i have always dealt with Hull is may be of interest to others and avoid any pointless trips

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

ubonjoe, has this requirement changed since you wrote this?

According to the Royal Thai Embassy in London website (not the Hull Consulate) today state:

"Non-Immigrant Type O

• Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner."

I am English. My Thai wife and I have been spending the winter months at our condo in Thailand for the last 10 years. I've always been granted a Non-Immigrant 'O' Type Visa, but the requirements have gradually changed over recent years. Sadly for me I do not have a monthly income of more than £1,400, and I am 3 years short of my state pension age. I had to retire early due to bad health. I do have 2 small company pensions, but I read also that only if a State Pension is paid then there is no minimum amount.

If the above requirement, noted by The Thai Embassy in London, is not rubbish, please would you advise me if I could apply for a Tourist Visa which would last for our 4 months trip?

According to the Royal Thai Embassy in London website (not the Hull Consulate) today state:

"Non-Immigrant Type O

I am English. My Thai wife and I have been spending the winter months at our condo in Thailand for the last 10 years. I've always been granted a Non-Immigrant 'O' Type Visa, but the requirements have gradually changed over recent years. Sadly for me I do not have a monthly income of more than £1,400, and I am 3 years short of my state pension age. I had to retire early due to bad health. I do have 2 small company pensions, but I read also that only if a State Pension is paid then there is no minimum amount.

If the above requirement, noted by The Thai Embassy in London, is not rubbish, please would you advise me if I could apply for a Tourist Visa which would last for our 4 months trip?

Yes, London certainly now have some 'unique' criteriae.

You will however have no problem getting a two entry tourist visa by making a personal appearance at one of the consulates.

Just stumbled into this thread, and can report that the Zurich, Switzerland, consulate has no such financial requirements for non-O visas when married to Thai national. On the other hand they insist to see the booking of a roundtrip flight. Didn't discuss their reasoning as I anyhow need to return, but one would think that local border runs ought to be possible, as getting a yearly extension not needing a outbound ticket.

samsingsong

for your trip of 4 months a single entry tourist visa with a 60 day visit Thai wife extension at local immigration office ( 1900 baht) will be good for 120 days, no need for a border run, tourist visa available at any consulate in UK, £25 plus £10 fee

"Non-Immigrant Type O

I replied to a post earlier in this topic that has the same false info from the embassy website posted.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon your marriage to a Thai with no financial proof needed at the embassy or one of the consulates other than Hull.

There have been several reports of this fact on this forum.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Non-Immigrant Type O

I replied to a post earlier in this topic that has the same false info from the embassy website posted.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon your marriage to a Thai with no financial proof needed at the embassy or one of the consulates other than Hull.

There have been several reports of this fact on this forum.

ubonjoe, thanks for your reply. Sorry to sound 'thick' I just want to make sure!

I checked both the Hull Consulate and the London Embassy websites about 6 weeks ago. At that time Hull had this "rubbish / false information" about the £1,400 a month requirement, but London did not. The other day I checked again and the London Embassy website also now has this "false information" as a requirement. That is why I asked you if the London website had changed since your reply to the original OP on 10 Oct.

You had previously stated "It is an error by Hull. But they are asking for the proof of income while no where else is." - but now London are also asking for it?

Sorry to ask yet again - but are your sure it's rubbish? I need to apply for my visa soon so want to get the facts right.

Although as we will be entering Thailand on 1 December & leaving on 28 March, maybe the advice of 'steve187' would save me a few quid. That is "samsingsong for your trip of 4 months a single entry tourist visa with a 60 day visit Thai wife extension at local immigration office ( 1900 baht) will be good for 120 days, no need for a border run, tourist visa available at any consulate in UK, £25 plus £10 fee".

I think the single entry Non-Immigrant 'O type' is £50, so I'd save £25. Any disadvantages?

I just mentioned the Hull website because that was the info posted. The false info on the embassy has been there for some time when they were doing visas with no financial proof.

No disadvantages of getting a tourist visa or a single entry non-o visa. But the cost of the visa and an extension is almost equal to the multiple entry visa that will be valid for a year meaning you would not need to get another visa for that year if you want to make another trip to here.