Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful revelation. We all knew they were innocent as the day is long. The entire world knows who the guilty party is. Since he, and his family are above the law, and even the Army does not to rock the boat on any significant level, they were framed. Now, they realize that the confessions that were beaten out of them are going to lead to them being crucified, and they have recanted. Good on them. Lets see where this all leads. I am afraid regardless of their confession, or the recantment, it will not lead to the guilty party being arrested, as this case has proven some people are above the law.

I doubt the Army 'knew' what happened and were complicit - more likely they were given false information from day one. There is no way they would protect these low-life rats, if they had evidence of a cover-up.

My only hope is that after so nearly being exposed, the real murderous, raping animals will hesitate before taking advantage of innocents again - but I doubt that somehow. It probably only serves to reinforce their grand delusions of being 'special' and above the law - truly untouchable.

There will now most likely be a concerted damage control exercise and the cover-up will be covered up.

They did know and felt the final "reward" for the coppers speech would announce the swift end to the whole affair.

If you are unaware of how high this goes I suggest you reread the posts outlining the family tree of involvement

I know people in Samui and KT and it is the same story as told to me on day two. They all knew and were afraid to be the citizens they all wanted to be.

Correct. The army knew from the beginning. There is a concerted effort being made to NOT UPSET the status quo, despite all the PR, and appearances to the contrary. Go after the little guys. But, do not touch the big fish. And that directive goes up to the highest levels. It is apparent in everything they are doing. We know who did this. We have footage of the creep following the victims out to the beach, after an argument at the bar. He refuses DNA. We understand, and acknowledge who did this, but his family is above the law. Leave him alone. Find somebody else to blame this on, preferable not a Thai. I consider any belief to the contrary to be naive.

Well said mate. Release the two minutes of footage as we have continuously requested.

What a cluster delete.

Please do share that link. Must have missed it b4.

Maybe the UK government is stirring:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

"Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao (the Samui archipelago)"

TAT is going to love this!

After reading that would you come here? Wish yhqt was out 10yrs ago i would be somewhere else.

Why would you not make a move now?

The Andrew Drummond fans should read these

Then decide on his credibility as a reporter.

Thai Visa members should read the terms and conditions of posting on TV

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Then decide for themselves, if it's OK to post those links.

I know the rules and did decide,.

Thank you for your concern though.

I did not post any links to his commercial site, quite the reverse.

Can the President of Myanmar save the suspects in the Ko tao murder case? Thai Burmese relations could be strained, Dawali super port.

No.

No reason to expect relations to be strained either.

Maybe, but I bet this situation is being used as a behind the scenes bargaining tool. You've got 2 of mine, then I want this and that.

Don't know about you mataleo but I ain't buyin....

Me neither. He said on his FB page "the owner of the ac bar did it" but now says he never said he knew. So what did he mean by "it?"

Me neither. He said on his FB page "the owner of the ac bar did it" but now says he never said he knew. So what did he mean by "it?"

Misquote: He said if he was killed that and then went on to say 'did it' He was referring to his own possible murder,. not the two victims.

• Like 1

Reading through the comments posted on Sean Mc Anna's sound cloud page there are allegations that it was mistaken identity with him and the victim, that he was involved along with others in the rape and murders and that he had set young girls up previously where they had been drugged and raped. It was also mentioned that he was wanted for questioning by Scotland Yard and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. If true puts a different angle on things.

I think we know already what he means by IT...although he seems to have forgotten

Lillylivered good time Charlie. May have been responsible for luring girls to these guys over the years. Who knows what he had to do to work there for them without a work permit. Just a theory. Not a rumour JD .

• Like 1

Misquote: He said if he was killed that and then went on to say 'did it' He was referring to his own possible murder,. not the two victims.

Again, don't buy it lads. Sorry.

Reading through the comments posted on Sean Mc Anna's sound cloud page there are allegations that it was mistaken identity with him and the victim, that he was involved along with others in the rape and murders and that he had set young girls up previously where they had been drugged and raped. It was also mentioned that he was wanted for questioning by Scotland Yard and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. If true puts a different angle on things.

Any links to the Canadian and Scotland Yard angle?

I cant imagine the British police dont know where he is.

Source?

I know the rules and did decide,.

Thank you for your concern though.

I did not post any links to his commercial site, quite the reverse.

I thought every website is "commercial" for profits. Including TV.

He mean that its him if Sean be found hanging in jungle with suicide note..

Not who killed D&H

• Like 1

Can the President of Myanmar save the suspects in the Ko tao murder case? Thai Burmese relations could be strained, Dawali super port.

No.

Maybe, but I bet this situation is being used as a behind the scenes bargaining tool. You've got 2 of mine, then I want this and that.
Not likely.

Myanmar is too dependant on income remittances from migrant workers in Thailand.

He mean that its him if Sean be found hanging in jungle with suicide note..

Not who killed D&H

You sure about that?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByF2-m2IMAAkDO-.jpg:medium

• Like 2

Beautiful revelation. We all knew they were innocent as the day is long. The entire world knows who the guilty party is. Since he, and his family are above the law, and even the Army does not to rock the boat on any significant level, they were framed. Now, they realize that the confessions that were beaten out of them are going to lead to them being crucified, and they have recanted. Good on them. Lets see where this all leads. I am afraid regardless of their confession, or the recantment, it will not lead to the guilty party being arrested, as this case has proven some people are above the law.

I doubt the Army 'knew' what happened and were complicit - more likely they were given false information from day one. There is no way they would protect these low-life rats, if they had evidence of a cover-up.

My only hope is that after so nearly being exposed, the real murderous, raping animals will hesitate before taking advantage of innocents again - but I doubt that somehow. It probably only serves to reinforce their grand delusions of being 'special' and above the law - truly untouchable.

There will now most likely be a concerted damage control exercise and the cover-up will be covered up.

They did know and felt the final "reward" for the coppers speech would announce the swift end to the whole affair.

If you are unaware of how high this goes I suggest you reread the posts outlining the family tree of involvement

I know people in Samui and KT and it is the same story as told to me on day two. They all knew and were afraid to be the citizens they all wanted to be.

Correct. The army knew from the beginning. There is a concerted effort being made to NOT UPSET the status quo, despite all the PR, and appearances to the contrary. Go after the little guys. But, do not touch the big fish. And that directive goes up to the highest levels. It is apparent in everything they are doing. We know who did this. We have footage of the creep following the victims out to the beach, after an argument at the bar. He refuses DNA. We understand, and acknowledge who did this, but his family is above the law. Leave him alone. Find somebody else to blame this on, preferable not a Thai. I consider any belief to the contrary to be naive.

How to turn a discussion into a confrontation? A bit condescending to consider anyone with a differing opinion as 'naive'? The word egocentric comes to mind.

Anyway, back to civil minded discussion - until the 24th September it seemed there was a real investigation commencing, and up till this point it was RTP only. At what point did the army get involved? To protect the hi-so suspects? If the army is above the RTP why would they let these guys make such an obvious bungle? This is all contained within Surat. The evidence was tampered with/staged before the mainland cops even arrived.

You say influence came from way on up high, but it looks more and more like the local RTP were offered the usual deal - big payday. Only thing is, they forgot about this new online world and their blasted plods posted pictures of the deceased in full graphic horror. That is when people started going batchit crazy over the story coming out. If no details had been leaked these two accused would have been convicts, or dead.

Different to your "theories" but no less valid.

• Like 2

No.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. These 2 patsies are expendable either side of the border. They garner no authority anywhere, that is why we, the people have to defend them, and fight for justice for the families. This is working, as this case continues to gain momentum, rather than fizzle into thainess.

• Like 1

No.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. These 2 patsies are expendable either side of the border. They garner no authority anywhere, that is why we, the people have to defend them, and fight for justice for the families. This is working, as this case continues to gain momentum, rather than fizzle into thainess.

That's where your wrong. They garner lots of attention worldwide due to the media reports that have been published on this top news story. Very serious a story for all countries involved. Human rights, safety in Thailand for tourists, Thailand's image, Myanmar workers image, police image, lots are at stake and yes the world is watching, don't kid yourself it's not. By looking at the British Foreign Travel warnings for Thailand you can see Britain means business and won't let this case slide.