Russian skimmer arrested after stealing nearly B100K in Kamala

Lite Beer

From his physical appearance, he looks like a drug user/addict.

His physical size is about the same as the guy standing behind in the white shirt. Are you suggesting that people who are a normal weight are drug addicts?

Or do you consider the fat bloke in the white shirt standing to the Russian's left to be normal weight (I'll give you a clue - he's not, he's fat bordering on obese).

Or by physical appearance did you mean being slim and looking a bit morose?

Lastly some drugs make you eat like crazy so going by your blinkered view of drugs use, the fat bloke on his left could easily be a drug user.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently Russians are allowed unlimited visa runs ,God knows why,let honest hard working farang who contribute to the thai economy have these privileges,and respect the Thai way,Russians are a rude arrogant bunch of pricks who come here and treat the Thais like dirt,piss off Russia and go away,

Here's a tip for you, the Thai's don't view you any different to the Russians, and they couldn't care less who puts what into the Thai economy, only who puts money into their own pocket.

We are all "farang" to them. biggrin.png

From his physical appearance, he looks like a drug user/addict.

His physical size is about the same as the guy standing behind in the white shirt. Are you suggesting that people who are a normal weight are drug addicts?

Or do you consider the fat bloke in the white shirt standing to the Russian's left to be normal weight (I'll give you a clue - he's not, he's fat bordering on obese).

Or by physical appearance did you mean being slim and looking a bit morose?

Lastly some drugs make you eat like crazy so going by your blinkered view of drugs use, the fat bloke on his left could easily be a drug user.

My observations are he has a guant face and an emancipated body. Many drugs are appetite suppressants. Eh. amphetamine aka speed aka ya ba.

Of course, he could just be in training for the next Phuket marathon. cheesy.gif

This being almost a daily occurrence I have yet to hear any news concerning what sentence the courts hand down. I am of course assuming the culprits are charged and eventually face court.

English media in Phuket is notoriously bad about this. We don't often hear about the sentencing, but Phuket prison and others are full of foreign criminals so we know at least some of them land there.

I met a Brit years ago that claimed he paid the warden of the Chang Mai prison 50,000USD to be released after a year. He said he was convicted of murder. Probably a BS story.

Yeah. No one in their right mind would brag about murder and bribery. He must also tell ppl he's special forces too.

This being almost a daily occurrence I have yet to hear any news concerning what sentence the courts hand down. I am of course assuming the culprits are charged and eventually face court.

English media in Phuket is notoriously bad about this. We don't often hear about the sentencing, but Phuket prison and others are full of foreign criminals so we know at least some of them land there.

I met a Brit years ago that claimed he paid the warden of the Chang Mai prison 50,000USD to be released after a year. He said he was convicted of murder. Probably a BS story.

Yeah. No one in their right mind would brag about murder and bribery. He must also tell ppl he's special forces too.

No.

A Special Forces guy would say he escaped from gaol, therefore, no need to pay for release, and a CIA guy will say he actually bought the gaol and released himself. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

cant stop smileing, love the finger point. :-)

I'm afraid as a 'finger point' it merits about 1 on the scale 1-100. Tee Hee.

By the way, do you really have to have a Major General taking the credit, as though he's done the leg work? It's like the Commissioner of the Met Police being personally involved in run of the mill arrests.

cant stop smileing, love the finger point. :-)

I'm afraid as a 'finger point' it merits about 1 on the scale 1-100. Tee Hee.

By the way, do you really have to have a Major General taking the credit, as though he's done the leg work? It's like the Commissioner of the Met Police being personally involved in run of the mill arrests.

"It's like the Commissioner of the Met Police being personally involved in run of the mill arrests." - well, the Commissioner will do that, just before his contract is up for renewal. biggrin.png

I have spent years in Thailand. I don't want to stereotype, but the two nationalities that I have observed (90% of them) that act rudely, confront the Thai culture, etc. are Russians and Israelis. It's sad to see the many high rise condos going up in Pattaya and all being overtaken by the Russians. Thai developers should entice other nationalities that respect Thai culture and customs. (ie: Australia, USA, Japan, Germany, Poland, Canada etc.) and as far as this ATM crook? Put him in a Thai prison (the one you see on the TV program Locked Up Abroad.)

Another quality tourist strikes again.

Clever enough to skim ATM cards, but thick as shit and do it in a major town. The smart ATM skimmer would drive around the country hitting a different ATM every other town, but no not these reprobates.

I have seen skimmers in action twice now in Thailand, one time in chiang mai the other in BK.
I watched the 2 men in chiang mai inserting card after card and getting it looked like 10k bht a time.
It was a sunday and I went to the bank Monday and asked the manager to look at the camera footage (he told me they had a camera). I don't know what came of that.
The others were Russian in BK and they were blatantly checking bags of cards in a small side soi restaurant.
They tipped the waitress 400 bht on leaving and I never said a word to anyone.
So its great that gangsters can get unlimited entry to the land of smiles.

There is no money to be made by Thai from Russians nor the former soviet countries. Stop their 30 day free entry. This trash has blanketed America with wide range of upper talent type robberies and extortions. They have an open season in more free nations like Thailand.

Cut off their right hand.... Send a message !

You are a major part of the reason for ongoing conflicts in this world. Go and live in Saudi please!

And your point being what Sherlock ? Maybe your the one that should consider relocating to Saudi.

No Hands = No Stealing

No Hands = No using a Fire Arm

No Hands = No building Bombs

No Hands = No Rape & Murder and on go's the list.

Oh Sorry hEaDy.... and lastly, No Hands = NO ATM Card Skimming !!!!

Anything ells you don't understand about sending a message hEaDy ??

Now run along and take your Troll remarks ells where.....facepalm.gif

Edited by CapeThai
  • Like 1

Piece of shit..............facepalm.gif ..................Go back where you come form and do it there...........

But only after he gets a real good taste of Thai Prison Life!

And after a generous taste of Thai prison write him up for Pattaya's latest Tourist Sport - Ting Tong Balcony Jumping clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Come on you Russia, the Polish currently holds the lead on this one. We should have this very popular Sport entered into the next Olympic Games.

That should make these scum and associates think twice before returning to LOS.whistling.gif

Edited by CapeThai

Piece of shit..............facepalm.gif ..................Go back where you come form and do it there...........

Actually he was doing what you suggest hahaha As I understand, cards were russian and they simply used to withdraw money here... The only part whom was affecting by that scam was Kasikorn, so do not worry about your money, as for bank... I never feel sorry for them, as they always care about themselves only! However, I never understood those people, is it woth? In moscow he could easily have those 100k per month as salery...

Edited by GertrudeL

I have seen skimmers in action twice now in Thailand, one time in chiang mai the other in BK.

I watched the 2 men in chiang mai inserting card after card and getting it looked like 10k bht a time.

It was a sunday and I went to the bank Monday and asked the manager to look at the camera footage (he told me they had a camera). I don't know what came of that.

The others were Russian in BK and they were blatantly checking bags of cards in a small side soi restaurant.

Well kiwikeith, your post proves 2 things. 1, DUMB for not reporting it immediately. 2, DUMBER for admitting on here you didn't report it immediately.

Just sayin.

• Like 2

Good detective work there kiwi,pity you were too inadequate to tell somebody at the time.

And what? risk a Russian prison sentence? no thanks, I'll take my chances in a country

who's policy to punish people like me is the, ambiguous and very lenient, after all many of

my ilk keep coming here day after day, milking Thai ATM and getting away with that,

if I get caught so what couple of years in jail and out, unlike Russian jails tavarish...

Hmmm, no money, like fish heads, weeeell, OK

Better than cabbage soup,day in day out,and,as Lee B says,you always have soap in Thai prison.

There must be something about the level of technology in Thai ATM's that allows this to happen. It is a frequent occurrence here and always foreign criminals (usually from same countries). Hope the banks will be able to find a way to stop this because otherwise the criminals will just keep coming here to do this

All the systems in the world which use magnetic stripe and pin code are equally susceptible. It's the lax laws, inefficient police, and ease of buying ones freedom if caught that brings these guys here.There is the added allure of victimizing tourists who maybe back home before realizing they got skimmed.

Many banks of the world have switched to an embedded chip which is virtually impossible to skim. The only bank in Thailand that uses this chip is Bangkok Bank. I have this chip in my Bangkok Bank card and it sucks because I can only use Bangkok Bank ATM's because they are the only ones with ATM's that can read them. I have at times had a very difficult time finding a Bangkok Bank ATM. They do not seem to be nearly as common as some of the others.

I see this as yet another humanity tax. Like speed bumps I must suffer because other people can't drive at a reasonable speed, or the fact that I have to pay 14,000B a year in motorcycle insurance because idiots drive like idiots and I have to pay for their bikes to get fixed or their victims to be hospitalized.

I have been skim scammed by a BB ordinary card,now very happy to chase around after BB ATM,with chipped card.Always keep a little bit on ordinary card for emergency.Main street in any town has BB.