Motorbike Parts Shop

Pond Life

I guess I'm looking for a good motorbike parts shop that caters to the modifiers & boy racers on their 100-125 cc machines.

Specificly I'm looking for a coil spring from a shock absorber, about 6-10 cm long & 4 cm diameter, not very hard.

Any suggestion gratefully recieved.

Try the machining shop down Chiang Moi road. They seem to be always ¨doing up¨ boy racers with engine mods and the like. If they dont have any stock Im sure they will know where to get them.

Location is just past the orange after-market motorbike spares shop which is on the left hand side (About 800m to 1km from the moat) just aafter a slight bend/corner in the road. The machine shop is on the left as well at an intersection with a small soi. One of the guys also works in the orange shop and is always moving between the two with parts for whatever build they are working on.

Its a strange size for a coil spring but you may be lucky, failing that if they do have a 4cm dia coil spring but too long they maybe able to cut it to length.

Thanks CMK,

I think I know the area you mean.

Its probably the aftermarket parts shop I need.

I could cut a longer spring, but it wouldnt give me the flat end I need to mount it.

I'm looking for the small lower spring to build this (top diagram).

http://www.morgan-spares.com/plusfour/suspension.html

Anyone else got a favourite shop for finding obscure parts ?

Edited by Pond Life

I dont know of that place but I did drop into an aftermarket shop opposite the ones mentioned a couple of days ago. I think its called Supaih Panich or something like that down the same Chiang Moi Rd but this time its on the right. Virtually opposite the bike machinery shop.

Towards the back of the shop where a pair of rather small looking shock absorbers which may have the springs you`re after. They are for a Honda C100 I believe. Might be worth a look.

Tried to upload photo off phone but Mr Apple dont want to hear from Mr Samsung....typical!

Thanks again, im in CM now & will be looking around there tomorrow.

I went to the area behind Meechoc, lots of overpriced second hand bikes, but no parts.

There must be a breakers yard for bikes somewhere in CM but Ive never found it.

I was also at the Honda spare parts place down the road heading towards the bus station but before McCormick hospital. Its on the right just after the Honda bike dealership. They had C70 shock absorbers on display. Maybe smaller and an option for the springs.

They are probably the best at least expensive I have found in CM for Honda spares and general after market stuff. The staff are very knowledgeable and always try to help. Their little showroom is brim full of stuff with a huge (but not open to the public) warehouse to the rear.

Hope you find what youre afterwai2.gif