Lawyers want DNA tested by UK police

Lite Beer

The IMF is an organization which -- along with the World Bank and IBRD -- is separate from the UN.

Wrong

Specialized agencies

The UN Charter stipulates that each primary organ of the UN can establish various specialized agencies to fulfill its duties.[87] Some of the best-known agencies are the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Food and Agriculture Organization, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), the World Bank, and the World Health Organization (WHO). The UN performs most of its humanitarian work through these agencies. Examples include mass vaccination programmes (through WHO), the avoidance of famine and malnutrition (through the work of the WFP), and the protection of vulnerable and displaced people (for example, by UNHCR).[88]

Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations

Always best to read before you make statements I find.

Fine -- you're right. Then IMF will ride in to the rescue.

Wake up.

If you think the IMF are going to help them build the high speed rail links & other infrastructure that they're begging for after they've denied transparency to other interested member nations regarding this & other investigations you need to pull your head out of your naive ass tbqh.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people seem oblivious to the fact that thailand is a member of the United Nations which has a number of tools available which can be used to persuade thailand to co-operate.

The IMF probably being the most important one to a developing nation.

If you saw how the IMF treated Thailand during the Asian Crisis, the loss of face, the complete lack of cultural awareness and the consequent upswing in the distain for foreigners they would be the last ones!

"Loss of 'face'"?? "Cultural awareness"??

I did see how they were treated thanks & I along with every member nation in the United Nations fully supported it. Only you & your country were against it.

What YOU need to realise is that the CIVILISED world really couldn't give a sh*t about a 'culture' which fosters corruption, unaccountable murder, a pathetically weak & outdated patronage system which has only one aim. That is to keep the masses poor & uneducated in order that those in power are allowed to continue their monopolies of business without the fear of competition.

Why? Because they are afraid. Not afraid of 'losing face' as you pretend but afraid of losing money. The entire notion of 'losing face' in thailand is massively overrated anyway. NOBODY likes to lose face, not the Americans, the Japanese, nor the Europeans so you can keep your & your country's self absorbed & self important 'cultural' idealisms between you & those who care.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

Why do they always announce this will be done in 7 days now the prosecutor doing it. Well he was honest when he said he hadn't given a timeframe for the police to fix up some issues in their 835 page brief..Speed reading at it's best.

Next it will be the brief has been handed to the Judge who will notify of the penalty in 2 days.

Christ could Mark Kent be any more of a spineless coward? His blog post and rhetoric up to know sounds exactly like all the Thai authorities telling us not to 'abuse' social media, or basically 'please shut up and stop spreading information we cant control' we wouldnt even be here right now with the Thai authorities in a panic if it wasnt for the pressure that has some from very solid evidence being shared by people!

As for the graphic images being spread around they were released by the Thai authorities!! Oh buy you dont criticize them do you Mr Kent?

How come the PM of Myanmar a country with one of the WORST humans rights records in the world can make a statement to help 2 of his citizens but neither the UK PM nor even the sodding ambassador to the nation can say anything when 2 Brits are killed!

Oh and did anyone see that he did a talk at Thammasat Uni just a week ago about the responsibility of using social media etc, this is right around the time when everything had been picking up traction on CSI LA etc, how very convenient....

https://twitter.com/KentBKK/status/517907219380064256

Definition of stupid: Knowing the truth, seeing the truth and still believing the lies (Tony Blair??)

Police should stick to formal proceedures at a scene of murder. They are no longer .... the almightys on Earth! Consultant, moneycollector, Medic and simultaneous law makers....thats was in the Thaksin and Noluck era.... Now the military has begun to redefine and reform... by the way they are doing a good job in my opinion. I feel safe to walk and even approach authority with the right without the fear of being abused or treated as stupid...

Why did they not have all the forensics from BKK take over this case in the first place.... they tampered with evidence (I assume) DONT TOUCH is the rule, Photograph and block off the area till its documented and all evidence has been collected.

My gut feeling and from what has been released to the media - and the way the case has been handled with the media.... They went for the work camp.!!!!! What about all the others on the Island... Including their own personnel? Where were they`? How many were on the beat? Were they not supposed to provide safety? How many are on the force for that day? what were their reports to base of the area?

I have no doubt that this Govt is interested in cleaning out the mess and getting on top of it. What I am afraid is that some mindless individual or group still think they can hoodwink people, let alone the International community! First we will not forget. Secondly this will always be on their conscience....Perhaps it seared.... God forgive them!

The IMF is an organization which -- along with the World Bank and IBRD -- is separate from the UN.

Wrong

Specialized agencies

The UN Charter stipulates that each primary organ of the UN can establish various specialized agencies to fulfill its duties.[87] Some of the best-known agencies are the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Food and Agriculture Organization, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), the World Bank, and the World Health Organization (WHO). The UN performs most of its humanitarian work through these agencies. Examples include mass vaccination programmes (through WHO), the avoidance of famine and malnutrition (through the work of the WFP), and the protection of vulnerable and displaced people (for example, by UNHCR).[88]

Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations

Always best to read before you make statements I find.

Fine -- you're right. Then IMF will ride in to the rescue.

Wake up.

If you think the IMF are going to help them build the high speed rail links & other infrastructure that they're begging for after they've denied transparency to other interested member nations regarding this & other investigations you need to pull your head out of your naive ass tbqh.

I never said the IMF was going to do anything let alone get involved in the internal affairs of a country over a single prosecution. You are the one who says because of some nebulous UN agreement there will be pressure brought upon Thailand.

if we are talking about the same UN in New York, they are not about helping people, they are about taxing them, raping their countries of resources, and then ultimately, watching them all die in wars their members start

The British authorities, whoever that is, will be unable to ignore to continuing and growing upswell of indignation that is being presented in the press as the "investigation" which ignored suspects and used torture to get confessions from two schoolboys, while people with real violence and past crimes, were bypassed

What about the upswell of indignation about the 9 Brits who were shot down in a jet flying over the Ukraine? -- after the initial cries of outrage even from the PM himself that one seems to have faded from the daily press.

I am curious if the police in the UK have interviewed the other people associated with this case who are now back in he UK.

I don't know, but I've heard UK officials are woefully busy with thousands of jihadists coming and going to dune countries.

Its safe to say most on here dont think the Burmese kids are the guilty ones.

Most clamouring for the Headman/Headmans son to be DNA tested so fair to say hes the number one suspect, at least on social media and forums. However why is it not one person has come forward and claimed he was even on the island that night? (shortened for brevity)

For starters, it was reported at the very early stage of the investigation that the headman said something like, "my son just returned to Bangkok" Some poster on here may be able to find the precise quote. The headman later retracted that statement when he realized it might implicate his darling son.

But more damning: There has been, as far as I know, no meaningful recreation by officials of the scene at the AC bar the night of the crimes. Social media are rife with scenarios, but Thai officialdom are mum. There's only one reason why (besides not wanting to divulge all they know to the public): the scenario quite likely implicates several of the revelers in the bar that night, and Thai officialdom has silently declared all those (who should be prime suspects) as off limits.

Yes, i am aware of the headman being QUOTED as saying his son was in BKK and he couldnr get hold of him.

Im not doubting it would be great to just waltz in and DNA test all and sundry.

But im yet to see ANYONE anywhere claim he was on the island/in the bar that night.

If he was im certain the Ware brothers, Mcanna,Hannahs and Davids freinds and a load of others could verify this.

Whether the British police have been told this and are sitting on it for now time will tell, but such a claim would blow the lid of the case surely, just one person of note, Mcanna, The Ware brothers et all claiming the guy was on the island at the time?

With the CCTV,at the UNI, the police and eyewitnessess, it would surely force a climb down by the BIB.

I understand.

Problem is that this is Thailand and they don't give a FF... if u get my drift mate ..........

Up until now i thought the boys were guilty at least in part of the crime. I thought the lawyer would request a new DNA if they were innocent. Now they have asked, something they would not do if the boys were guilty of the rape. A little slow on the uptake, but that test is all they need and fast. Isn't that something the consulate could arrange.

What about the upswell of indignation about the 9 Brits who were shot down in a jet flying over the Ukraine? -- after the initial cries of outrage even from the PM himself that one seems to have faded from the daily press.

There is a, nearly incalculable, factor of the type of crime. Pieces of metal and belongings scattered across a place we have no emotional attachment to vs a young lady raped and killed whilst a young man is attacked and killed next to her on one of the tourist holiday "dream" locations surrounded by known scum to then watch 2 baby faced young men being taken down for it whilst the nasty nefarious types, pictured on the crime scene with the cops, walk free?

Which one makes the plot of a soap opera? Which one is captivating the people?

No, it isn't fair, they should all be pushed for resolution. However there is a good chance of solving the Koh Tao case with the tiniest amount of willing whilst the case over the Ukraine was a casualty of war....a lot less likely to get much resolution. That said the Ukraine case is being pursued by the Dutch authorities so there is little for the UK to do as we can trust the Dutch.

Sorry, my friend (OR ANYONE ELSE) to disturb u since I was on the PISS (Out Drinking) last night..... can u pls PM any updates my friends rather me read a gigantic back log of events ... thanking u in advance

ScotBKK

Edited by ScotBkk

There is a, nearly incalculable, factor of the type of crime. Pieces of metal and belongings scattered across a place we have no emotional attachment to vs a young lady raped and killed whilst a young man is attacked and killed next to her on one of the tourist holiday "dream" locations surrounded by known scum to then watch 2 baby faced young men being taken down for it whilst the nasty nefarious types, pictured on the crime scene with the cops, walk free?

Which one makes the plot of a soap opera? Which one is captivating the people?

No, it isn't fair, they should all be pushed for resolution. However there is a good chance of solving the Koh Tao case with the tiniest amount of willing whilst the case over the Ukraine was a casualty of war....a lot less likely to get much resolution. That said the Ukraine case is being pursued by the Dutch authorities so there is little for the UK to do as we can trust the Dutch.

Sorry, my friend to disturb u since I was on the PISS (Out Drinking) last night..... can u pls PM any updates my friend rather me read a gigantic back log of events ... thanking u in advance

ScotBKK

I was in bed last night with my family. I got up this morning and read stuff. The short version is nothing much has changed.

• Like 1

Well maybe if the start charging a Brit with the murders of the 2 Brits like with the McCann case the British tabloid press can have a real soap opera.

Just a little confused. Did I miss something? Has somebody been charged with in the McCann case?

For the record I think the actual truth (if it ever outs) will annoy every person backing race in this rather than people. I think 2 Thais & 1 Brit are complicit.

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 1

(it's early)

Has anything came about with this Sean character of late pls ... just because I'm Scottish doesn't make me biased I'm more interested in the truth than any f%%*in patriotism factor .... for love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it.. I adore my patronage however morals come first in my personal life ...

Soon, I need leave Thailand (in a weeks time) for my work in Brazil however this case has become very personal to me and can't for the life of me shake it off and want to see a just and fair trial or for these 2 Burmese kids to be admonished and released if the charges are found to be unjust......

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Like 1

As the plot or plight of that island seems to have been more about raping unsuspecting blonde girls from across the world who accidentally walked into the wrong bar,

The likely scenario of the crime was that the girl was just going to be raped and left there to wake up wondering what happened to her, like many others before her,

but this time, she witnessed David being murdered, and therefore, they had to kill her too

Brutal as it is, she probably wouldnt have been killed otherwise, as, this apparently was not their usual MO

Sean may or may not have been involved, but, the fact that some people there apparently thought he needed to be eliminated and his declaration to the world that the owner of AC bar was the murderer, or the force behind the murders, is what brought suspicion to his involvement, not the arm chair detectives that everyone is being accused of,

it isnt that any of us are that smart, to have unraveled the perfect crime scene,

Sean McAnna did all the work, then fled,

Let's see what transpires of his alleged conversation with an unknown reporter, that he posted

Sean is stepping up to the plate, so, since we do not know his involvement, and he almost paid with his life for whatever he knows, perhaps people should lighten up on him a bit, and not cause him to go further into a shell to protect himself

Edited by SteveFong
  • Like 2

Up until now i thought the boys were guilty at least in part of the crime. I thought the lawyer would request a new DNA if they were innocent. Now they have asked, something they would not do if the boys were guilty of the rape. A little slow on the uptake, but that test is all they need and fast. Isn't that something the consulate could arrange.

It depends on who is handling the DNA tests. Thai authorities can't be trusted, and it's doubtful they (who control all the proceedings) will allow any other entities to do DNA work. Early in the investigation, they wouldn't let the FBI handle DNA. They said they were sending DNA to Singapore (while concurrently saying they, the Thais, weren't capable of sequencing DNA beyond a rudimentary level). Now it's doubtful that even Singapore was involved. We don't know whether the Brits took samples when they had the victims' bodies. Even if Brit authorities had useful evidence, they may stay mum because they don't want to offend easily-offended Thai officialdom. Add to that, the judges will likely side with Thai officialdom, so the prognosis for the Burmese scapegoats looks grim.
  • Like 1

I wonder what the UK would do if this had happened in the UK and Social Media made a similar request. blink.png

What's the precedent for something like this?

I just dont see a sovereign nation saying "yes, we are not capable, please show us how to do it right, oh great one"blink.png

The NHRC, meanwhile, is sending a team to examine the crime scene.

Why does this not imbue me with a warm glow of confidence? They are Thai after-all. Thailand is still under martial law and top brass have already declared the murderers can't be Thai.

I

The investigators were Thai officialdom

The forensics were done by Thai officialdom

NomSod, who should bea prime suspect is Thai and so is his lawyer

The forced admission of guilt was in the presence of officialdom with no attorneys present.

The claim of matching DNA (scapegoats and victim) was announced by Thai officialdom

The prosecutors are Thai

The judges will be Thai

....now we hear Thai NHRC is going to investigate.

Before the Burmese scapegoats had attorneys, it was like a couple small immigrants vs the Thai national football team. Now, it's a bit better. It's a couple of small guys with one or two added players vs the Thai national football team. And guess which team the ref is leaning strongly towards?

Odd analogy...the Thai football team are mediocre, so the 'boys' should be fine?

Sorry to interject on SteveFong & Boomerangutang but their posts are very relevant to this topic.

One needs to take onboard Posts about this guy Sean are only what people surmise and not in fact factual until he at some stage addresses these important requests from all and sundry to clear his name from any involvement in these heinous crimes.

Please, don’t condemn this guy because of him downloading the said’ pictures given that people in glasshouses should not throw stones. Okay, it was or could be wrong however, nobody knows the true story – only he will know if the verbal abuse he gets is just.

God should only be his witness not some TV posters who err occasionally or even more so to the wrong side of things ……… and plainly suggest that a (lets say a very few) number of these expats/sexpats living here also have their hidden agenda that can be easily covered by residing here in Thailand away from any prying eyes ..

Sorry, for my ever so personal views ......... but bet it hits home for some ........ and will judge/gauge tentatively or form an estimate of
my thoughts against likes or dislikes to my said' Post .....

Edited by ScotBkk

And it's impossible a Thai bar girl would ask a farang for money for her sick father, if her father wasn't really sick?

Please do not compare bar girls with the RTP. Decent Thais despise bar girls.

This is not something you should joke about,

Define decent.

Many of these girls do what they do because they have no choice. Walk a mile in their shoes.

Despicable is a person who judges others.

Then why are you judging RTP ?

• Like 1