Getting O Visa (retirement) In Thailand

I am under the impression that if you go for the O visa in Thailand (retirement) it is NOT necessary to obtain a police report from your home country. I ain't any kind of con, but it would be nice to avoid this hassle and expense.

So, could the visa gurus confirm that it is indeed NOT needed if applying in Thailand?

See Required documents, Visa Extension, to spend the remainder of life.

Thanks but I couldn't find any mention of police report on this site. I do know if applying for an O-A visa from the US, you do need the police report.

I have heard before if applying for an O in Thailand, it is not needed, but want to be certain.

I didn't need a police report last month when I applied at Suan Phlu.

Since I was there anyway, I wanted to get my O extended for the year. To do that, however, I needed Original Medical Certificate (which I had just handed in on the 3rd Floor.) Sooooo... back to the hospital for another Original (and Bt500!) AND back to the Bank for another Original Bank Certification Letter. Also new copies of my bankbook pages, and copies of Passport picture page AND copy of Visa/Departure card page. AND a photo. When I had everything together again, I didn't have to wait until my number was called... the smiling Thai clerk recognized me and waved me right over to her desk! That made me forget about the hassle of running around to get what I needed because I was unprepared.

Be sure to bring enough cash for the Visa, the Extension, and the multi-entry deal if you're going that route.

I am under the impression that if you go for the O visa in Thailand (retirement) it is NOT necessary to obtain a police report from your home country. I ain't any kind of con, but it would be nice to avoid this hassle and expense.

So, could the visa gurus confirm that it is indeed NOT needed if applying in Thailand?

No police clearance is required to obtain an O visa or an extension based on retirement. A police clearance and a medical certificate from the home country is required for an O-A visa