Will I have problems in mae sai?

KjsskxF.jpg

Yes, no one knows for sure, but I'm trying to find out what people's best guess is.

I'm in the rather unique situation of being here on a non-B, but with a completely unused double entry tourist visa. Even stranger for mae sai. So I'm guessing extra scrutiny.

It's got the red stamp on it...

And something written in the top left corner... Can anyone read that? Actually I gave it to several Thai to read and none of them could make it out.

Edited by happysanook

If you got a non-b why are wanting to use the tourist visa now?

I can't see any problem with using the visa.

The stamps from the embassy mean nothing to immigration those are just a condition you must meet at the embassy to get another one from them. The writing up in the corner may be a code that embassy uses to note the number of tourist visas you had gotten already from them.

• Like 1

If you got a non-b why are wanting to use the tourist visa now?

I can't see any problem with using the visa.

The stamps from the embassy mean nothing to immigration those are just a condition you must meet at the embassy to get another one from them. The writing up in the corner may be a code that embassy uses to note the number of tourist visas you had gotten already from them.

Somehow I knew I wouldn't be able to just simply ask. I was trying to not complicate the matter and just put the crux.

Anyways, the reason is because this little school couldn't pull the paperwork together in time. I don't have the license or waiver from BKK yet. The whole reason I had the tourist visa in the first place is because I didn't have the proper paperwork in Laos from the school (missing director's ID), so I made the tourist visa. Later that afternoon the school said they would fax me what I needed and the next day I made the Non-B.... Phew...

The biggest issue I think is that they probably have never seen something like this in mae sai (eg, most will be coming to reset the double entry, not coming in off a non-b on a "clean" unstamped tourist visa)

So one guy says no,,, Another says probably not a problem. I think I'll go several days before the 20th (date current non-b runs out as well) just in case I get turned back and need to make further plans (back to Laos for Non-B or f*k it, head to Phils).

Any other opinions appreciated.

.....what does income have to do with a Tourist Visa........???

It is no always asked for but one of the requirements to get a visa is financial proof of 20k baht.

Vientiane in the case of those stamps will want proof you have money coming in from outside of Thailand to prove you are not working here illegally.

So one guy says no,,, Another says probably not a problem. I think I'll go several days before the 20th (date current non-b runs out as well) just in case I get turned back and need to make further plans (back to Laos for Non-B or f*k it, head to Phils).

Normally you should not be able to have two valid visas at one time. But in your case they did not invalidate your tourist visa. Your visa is still valid since they did not stamp it cancelled.

Those stamps on the visa are not that unusual. I am sure the immigration officer at the border will have seen them before. And as I wrote they will not pay attention to them.

• Like 1

Normally you should not be able to have two valid visas at one time. But in your case they did not invalidate your tourist visa. Your visa is still valid since they did not stamp it cancelled.

Those stamps on the visa are not that unusual. I am sure the immigration officer at the border will have seen them before. And as I wrote they will not pay attention to them.

Okay, I'm not concerned about the red stamps. My concern is in regards to the "crackdown" and having an unstamped "fresh" double-entry tourist visa bring extra scrutiny to being an in-outer. It's likely something they've not seen before, or very seldom at least.

Okay, I'm not concerned about the red stamps. My concern is in regards to the "crackdown" and having an unstamped "fresh" double-entry tourist visa bring extra scrutiny to being an in-outer. It's likely something they've not seen before, or very seldom at least.

just an outsiders comment: why are you making that border run now that you have the non-b visa? Just forget about the tourist visa and any need to ctivate ut. As for your choice of visiting otherwise accross the border, I guess you may need to get a reentry stamp.

just an outsiders comment: why are you making that border run now that you have the non-b visa? Just forget about the tourist visa and any need to ctivate ut. As for your choice of visiting otherwise accross the border, I guess you may need to get a reentry stamp.

You may be confused. The Non-B is a single entry 90 days and expires on the 20th. To get the extension, I need the license/waiver from BKK, which will not be coming until the 29th.