Body of a Thai woman found at a river in Scotland

webfact

I am confident that there will be a quick and thorough investigation. I would imagine that Mr Hobbs is already co-operating with the police or has an arrest warrant issued in his name. I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

Well it doesn't say much for Brits if they feel no remorse or a bit of shame when one of their own murders someone.

We do actually. Well I do anyway. A low murder rate is something for I feel quite proud about the UK. Not much violent crime in Blighty compared to other places, but when it happens it's taken very seriously.

I hope they catch those who killed this poor woman, whoever they may be.

EDIT: If she was in fact murdered.

Edited by MJP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am confident that there will be a quick and thorough investigation. I would imagine that Mr Hobbs is already co-operating with the police or has an arrest warrant issued in his name. I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

Well it doesn't say much for Brits if they feel no remorse or a bit of shame when one of their own murders someone.

What part of `A force spokesman said: "A post mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death; however, at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances."did you not understand?

Where in the report does it say anyone murdered her,let alone `one of their own`?

Bit pathetic and childish.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What part of `A force spokesman said: "A post mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death; however, at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances."did you not understand?

Where in the report does it say anyone murdered her,let alone `one of their own`?

Apols from me. Didn't read that bit.

Hey Junior. I guess I should have put some bells and whistles on my post to make it clear to you that I was responding to the poster I quoted who hypothesized it was an actual crime and was actually committed by a Brit.

Ofcourse I was aware the article indicated no foul play was suspected at this time. Your tantrum is best saved to the poster I quoted.

Lighten up...its better for your heart ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

*Removed post edited out*

what r u talking about !! Having personally known Amnuay ,who was resident in Scotland for a number of years,a very hard working,polite young lady that made a lot of people smile in Oban, I find it offensive to make up such BS about this story , away and crawl back under the stone u came from . R.I.P AMNUAY HOBBS Sleep tight :-(

Edited by Scott

We do actually. Well I do anyway. A low murder rate is something for I feel quite proud about the UK. Not much violent crime in Blighty compared to other places, but when it happens it's taken very seriously.

I know you do and I know most Brits would as well. Just as I have great confidence in your local Law Enforcement. I know the Irish call their own the Garda, not sure about the Scottish.

I was responding to the guy I quoted because its really getting ridiculous how many of these knuckleheaded responses are being posted these days about how "a Thai couldn't do this" whenever there is a victim of misfortune or violence.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

what r u talking about lobster!! Having personally known Amnuay ,who was resident in Scotland for a number of years,a very hard working,polite young lady that made a lot of people smile in Oban, I find it offensive to make up such BS about this story , away and crawl back under the stone u came from . R.I.P AMNUAY HOBBS Sleep tight :-(

Thanks for sharing this about her, maybe by personalizing her story there will be less of the usual crude remarks.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

now we will see how a murder case is properbly run! duhhhh when do you plan plan to catch jack the ripper, or another train robber escape ! or another world cup, but wait you did win wimbleton, oh he was scottish sorry

Err, this incident occurred in Scotland, but I struggle to associate Wimbledon with the demise of this poor lady.

Jack the ripper was around 1888, and The great train robbers were mostly caught and convicted.

I didn't know it was even murder yet but I am confident, if it is, the perpetrator will be caught.

I know you do and I know most Brits would as well. Just as I have great confidence in your local Law Enforcement. I know the Irish call their own the Garda, not sure about the Scottish.

I was responding to the guy I quoted because its really getting ridiculous how many of these knuckleheaded responses are being posted these days about how "a Thai couldn't do this" whenever there is a victim of misfortune or violence.

Cheers

Sorry Clarkey, I see that now.

For a great film about Irish police, watch The Guard. Brendan Gleeson, hysterical.

now we will see how a murder case is properbly run! duhhhh when do you plan plan to catch jack the ripper, or another train robber escape ! or another world cup, but wait you did win wimbleton, oh he was scottish sorry

Err, this incident occurred in Scotland, but I struggle to associate Wimbledon with the demise of this poor lady.

Jack the ripper was around 1888, and The great train robbers were mostly caught and convicted.

I didn't know it was even murder yet but I am confident, if it is, the perpetrator will be caught.

Even Ronnie Biggs turned himself in in the end. Needed the NHS. smile.png

• Like 1

That bee really is in your bonnet.

I actually bought this to the attention of webfact as I had found the case a day earlier (forget where) and it states (I'll highlight the interesting words for you)

at this time there would appear to be no suspicious

That would be the case until they have interviewed close relatives and any potential witnesses. Please use a thesaurus to understand the subtlety of that remark (i.e. this case is not closed yet).

On your statement that I feel no shame or remorse, why should I? I am 1 person, not a country. I don't expect my Thai friends to be grovelling their apologies at my feet for the murders on Koh Tao.

Of course I feel sad that this has happened. However I could spend my entire life telling people I am sad as violent deaths happen constantly. I'm just relieved the truth will out if it can for this poor lady, whether a British National by birth or a tourist in the UK.

You should perhaps feel a little shame for casting aspersions without reading carefully and labeling a whole 65 million people on the "supposed" actions of 1 person.

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 2

I'm just relieved the truth will out if it can for this poor lady, whether a British National by birth or a tourist in the UK.

If she was a British national, she could also have acquired citizenship through naturalisation based on residence or marriage. Similarly, she could have had "indefinite leave to remain" in the UK as a Thai national without acquiring British citizenship.

• Like 1

I'm just relieved the truth will out if it can for this poor lady, whether a British National by birth or a tourist in the UK.

If she was a British national, she could also have acquired citizenship through naturalisation based on residence or marriage. Similarly, she could have had "indefinite leave to remain" in the UK as a Thai national without acquiring British citizenship.

Thank you for adding these options. Truthfully there could be many more variations and I kind of felt that I wanted to make a "small" point regarding the present situation in Koh Tao. The point, for those that weren't perceiving it, is that this person, whoever they are and for whatever reason they are in the UK, will receive as much attention, consideration and compassion as a British national. I just wish this were true in Thailand. As a family of 3 Brits living in Thailand long-term it is disturbing to know that if something horrible happened there is a fine chance that we will end up being treated with a complete lack of respect and that there will be no interest in solving the case due to our nationality.

It makes me proud to be British and pleased to know that the many £XX,XXX I paid into the treasury has meant something. I am just incredibly sad for Thai nationals who want their nation to change (and I know plenty like that) only to see a line of hypocritical sycophantic leeches queuing at the trough. Right now, literally today (and every day since the brutal murders on Koh Tao), this nation has its chance to show its willingness for true change and it throws it away again and again.

I am just pleased that whatever happened to this poor woman will, most likely, come out and we will, almost certainly, know the truth. Her family can be sure that, if justice needs to be served, it will be. I can think of 2 poor families in the UK right now who are having to come to terms that, with all the goodwill in the world, they will probably have to accept that not only have their children died for the thrill of a group of pathetic humans but 2 more are likely going to die to ensure the safety of a couple of snouts in the trough.

Now, that is truly worthy of being sad about.

• Like 2

Thank you for adding these options. Truthfully there could be many more variations and I kind of felt that I wanted to make a "small" point regarding the present situation in Koh Tao. The point, for those that weren't perceiving it ...

I got your point ... I just think that there are enough threads about the Koh Tao situation currently running and this thread is about events in Renfrewshire, not Surat Thani.

• Like 2

Properbly? Wimbleton? scottish? No spell check on your computer, then? Oh, I've just looked again - no use of capital letters either - you must be American! Never mind, back to business! As the death happened in Scotland, I would imagine that a Scottish Police Force will be investigating, and I don't believe that they had a great deal of involvement with the investigations regarding The Great Train Robbery, or Jack the Ripper! And the use of the word "you" implies expectations that an English police force will be in charge - wrong! However, English or Scottish, I am sure that the investigation will be conducted properly, unlike the case that is being alluded to. By the way, Scotland have recently turned down their chance to be an Independent country, so like it or not, England and Scotland are part of a United Kingdom, so to say that "you did win wimbleton" is actually correct as Andy Murray is indeed British - a UK citizen.

what r u talking about lobster!! Having personally known Amnuay ,who was resident in Scotland for a number of years,a very hard working,polite young lady that made a lot of people smile in Oban, I find it offensive to make up such BS about this story , away and crawl back under the stone u came from . R.I.P AMNUAY HOBBS Sleep tight :-(

Thanks for sharing this about her, maybe by personalizing her story there will be less of the usual crude remarks.

10689645_970157369667515_887769455466825 Miss Hobbs

obviously you don´t know Paisley! or near by Barrhead, area! Even the dogs don´t walk the streets alone. Lived there for 2 years..omg..Shootings gang on gang killings! And really just a small university town 100,000 residents or so, no bigger than Khon kaen city for example!

I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

On your statement that I feel no shame or remorse, why should I? I am one person not a whole country.

You should perhaps feel a little shame for casting aspersions without reading carefully and labeling a whole 65 million people on the "supposed" actions of 1 person.

You are the postr that made the references to the KT murders and how you doubt the British will try to deny it was a Brit. You thereby insinuate that the alleged words of one Thai police officer are representative of all Thai. You introduced the KT murders into this thread which had nothing to do with Koh Tao or the British victims of KT.

It is you that took the words (possibly misinterpreted at that) of one police officer and have suggested they are the sentiments of all Thai.

This thread is a sad story about a nice woman who has passed from undetermined circumstances.

This would be a time to show some respect to her and to her Thai family by leaving out your discontent with something entirely unrelated.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

On your statement that I feel no shame or remorse, why should I? I am one person not a whole country.

You are the postr that made the references to the KT murders and how you doubt the British will try to deny it was a Brit. You thereby insinuate that the alleged words of one Thai police officer are representative of all Thai. You introduced the KT murders into this thread which had nothing to do with Koh Tao or the British victims of KT.

It is you that took the words (possibly misinterpreted at that) of one police officer and have suggested they are the sentiments of all Thai.

This thread is a sad story about a nice woman who has passed from undetermined circumstances.

This would be a time to show some respect to her and to her Thai family by leaving out your discontent with something entirely unrelated.

You are vitriolic and selective. If you read through the entire thread I have explained that I am aware that I am bringing the other situation into this situation. I have also explained how I have found this sad. I have highlighted that her Thai family will be gifted as close a version of the truth as they can get.

It is true to say that almost every thread on the Koh Tao situation has had the British police force dragged over the coals over a number of cases (including the Yorkshire Ripper!!). Do you think that is fair? Will I be able to go to those threads and find you telling people to keep the thread on track? These, many, statements have made these threads related. The parallels that can be drawn are incredibly stark (and worrying if you are in the reverse (i.e. a British family living in Thailand)) and very poignant right now.

I have shown respect for that family by, quite obviously, thinking through what has happened, the information that is being shared with them and the chance that, if this does prove to have any suspicious circumstances, they will probably find out what happened without prejudice.

Your logic is a little hard to follow however I think you have made many assumptions about me that, if you took the time to read my posts on other subjects, would be challenged. It is not a logical conclusion that my reference to the British police not fingering random foreigners in the hope of passing the blame away from people should mean that I think that the comments of the RTP (hardly 1 police officer as these "out of hand" comments have come from throughout the establishment) have anything to do with the common Thai people (again, read my posts on other threads about that situation).

My parallel between this case and the one in Koh Tao seems quite natural. At no point have I been insensitive towards the victim or her family. That is your reading of the situation. I have expressed why this case is sad on many levels. That you choose to select certain points to address me with is not a great basis for discussion.

I do agree that it is sad that this poor lady has passed in whatever circumstances finally transpire. I have said that before.

• Like 1

My condolences to the woman's family.

why do you know them or think any of them read this forum?

Actually, yes they do. My wifes sister, lives just south of Glasgow and her and her husband read this forum regulary and knew this lady. There is a quite tight knit Thai expat community in Scotland. I was over there just 3 weeks ago with my wife to visit.

When anyone dies , it's sad, however loose the connection and Clutch Clark passing his condolences was a simple, kind gesture. There was no need for you to write anything, no matter what your thoughts were. Your comment says much more about you than it does about the thread or any of the posters.

My condolences to the woman's family.

why do you know them or think any of them read this forum?

Actually, yes they do. My wifes sister, lives just south of Glasgow and her and her husband read this forum regulary and knew this lady. There is a quite tight knit Thai expat community in Scotland. I was over there just 3 weeks ago with my wife to visit.

When anyone dies , it's sad, however loose the connection and Clutch Clark passing his condolences was a simple, kind gesture. There was no need for you to write anything, no matter what your thoughts were. Your comment says much more about you than it does about the thread or any of the posters.

The lady lived in Oban - about 100 miles NW of Glasgow.