Visa Extension for foreign children

Hi all, Im sure this has been asked already before but I can't find it in the forum, hope you can help me, I tried to look into the immigration website but nothing comes up, We are both foreign parents working in Thailand, we would like to know the updated requirements (from our company) for extending our (non Thai)daughter's Non O visa for 1 year, using agents are too expensive so we would do ourselves instead.

Thank you in advance.

Anything you can add to this please .. wai.gifwai.gif Thank you!

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)
2. A copy of your passport or document used in lieu of your passport
3. The applicant’s 4×6 cm. photo.

4. Marriage certificate.

5. Extension fee, Baht 1,900.
8. If the applicant is the supporter
Company registration
certificate of employment,
work permit

Your daughter needs:

- copy of her passport and arrival card

- copy of your and/or mothers passport

- copy of your and/or mothers work permit

- birth certificate to proof she is your daughter

- passphoto

and all originals.

- letter from company confirming you and/or your wife work their and asking for an extension for daughter

No tax receipts or company documents are needed for a dependent extension. The letter from the company is not even on the list of required documents but a letter is asked for by some offices to confirm the sponsor is still working for them.

Can I ask how old? two of our children we keep current as they in school but youngest we never bother just get overstay sorted when leaving & never a fine. I belive child needs to be teenager before it matters

wjs

In line with section 73 and 74 of the Criminal Code, "a child not yet over fourteen years of age" is not fined or taken to court by immigration for overstay.

So far, I have seen no reports that immigration has taken the parents of an overstaying child to court under section 74 of the Criminal Code.

I certainly agree on visas being the best route, but if so young not even in school it is not feasible as we are on O visas linked to our kids, so not work visa. I used to just do the 30days on arrival for years as I work outside Thai but to be safe I got an O visa as well the year before the crackdown, turned out to be a very good move. That said we always stagger our trips to immigration so that somebody doesn't tell us only one of us can have the O even though two kids in school